Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

(Matthew and his mother lived alone in a small house on a hill. Matthew kept himself, drawing pictures and playing with his toy bunny as his mum listened to the radio. Life was simple, and they were both happy. That was, until the day Matthew's mum heard a voice from the radio...)

• Like 3

"hi" Art said and then she promptly walked away, it seemed when it came to children she just didn't know what to do. So instead she went over to see how TOM was doing. He seemed to sparking and that was not a good sign, he also seemed to want something. Art frowned looking at the robot,
"I said make him quieter not mute!" she grumbled and then flushed "sorry Bell" she pinched the bridge of her nose. This was turning into a really really bad day. She could hear wood being chopped in the distance so that was something. Deciding to make use of what she could handle and deal with she gathered up their supplies. They had lost about a third of the berries to trampling. The rest didn't look too bad. Art set them aside on a small pile of grass to keep them safe. Then she looked at the sharp rocks. There was a good dozen or so of those, there was a small pile of twigs and a decent one of grass. Now was a good a time as any to get back to making a fire. She looked at her stick for measuring time. It had been knocked over, she went over and tried to work out what marks were hers and what was from the Hounds. She couldn't tell. So she started again. Putting the stick in the ground and looking for its shadow. It was nearly invisible, the sun was right over head marking it at around noon. Her stomach growled a little.
"Are these berries safe?" She asked eying the red fruits as she prepped some grass and twigs for a fire, making a little tripod. 

Halan was sitting down, trying to fix the damages to his telescope. Luckily for him the tool wasn't broken, just a bit bumped.

He then looks at the kid as he shows up.

-Wow. Great. Now a kid too. Is this some kind of sick reality tv show?-

He just observes the scene from a distance 

-And that tall guy? He keeps showing up, and then poof, he's gone. Is he using some complex magic tricks...or is it something else? This place is so mysterious... Well I kind of like that. But honestly, some calm would be appreciated.-

Sylvia took a bottle of coke from her jacket and took a swig. She looked at the bottle. Not a whole lot left, but... 

Couldn't coke clean rust? (COKE-EX-MACHINA!) She filled the cap up and poured some over the joints holding his "sale!" sign up. Then she slowly started working them back and forth. Squeaking, they started to move. 

"Heh. Never expected to do repairs like this..." She turned to Bell, and signed "do you have any lubricant?"

The lady with glasses seemed preoccupied, so Matthew decided to get up on his own. He still didn't really have his bearings, but from what he could see now, he was far, far away from home. His mom wouldn't leave him in the wilderness on his own...would she? He shook his head to erase the thought, then continued looking around. At the very least, there were other people with him, so maybe they knew how to wait is that person flying.

"Woooah! How are you doing that?" His eyes twinkled in awe as he stared up at Arca.

Bell and her puppeteer didn't understand why that man made that gesture at her, so simply dismissed it. Now that she though about it though, his face looked a lot like the one she had made out of metal and wires... She shook her head and looked down at the sparking and twitching metal contraption. Astutely, she deduced that it was not supposed to be doing that.

Hm? Lubricant? She thought for a moment, then shook her head and pointed at one of the wolf corpses. She didn't have any lubricant, but they could melt down fat from the wolf to use.

Edited by MenaAthena

"In the joints of animals there is a liquid called synovial fluid, its lubricant for mammals... maybe you can use that?" Art told them absent mindedly. It seemed that her mind was full of random things that she had read and that included a few science books. 

"Its either that or we could try finding a whale and boiling its blubber down to oil?" Art muttered more to herself than anyone else. She was stuck following a chain of thoughts that lead from book to book she had read. She could go down this rabbit hole of thought for hours on end. Right now in her mind she had gone from whale to victorian times, to ethics and morals of victorian times and then onto the evolution of society values and how that shaped law.. 

Art struck the two stones against each other trying to get a spark and thus fire. 

Matthew was distracted from the flying lady by a...talking fox. Man, today was just getting crazier and crazier! His natural curiosity overcame his normal shyness, and he found himself speaking to her with more confidence than he usually had. Besides, how cool would it be to make friends with a talking animal?

"Hiya! I'm Matthew!"

Conner sat down. He chopped a good bit of trees and the logs were getting heavier as his stamina drain from the work. He almost got the hatchet stuck once though and spent a bit of time just trying to yank it out again. That caused him to fall back and the hatched almost hit him in the face. He was glad it didn't, how would he explain he got a black eye from chopping wood? 'Well it didn't happen so theres nothing to worry about' Conner thought as he got up deciding to go back to the group with what he had.

"Flying? Using my wings, of course!" Arca said. But the boy lost interest in his question, and went to Sylvia. "Well, you have fun, I suppose...!"
She walked over to Halan, who was repairing his telescope. "I see you had... some ... kind of skill back there! So I assume you prefer using bludgeoning weapons? If that is one, of course. I must say I have never seen such an eccentric weapon!" Arca said and looked at the stargazing tool. "Oh, did it break? How unfortunate. Can you show me the damage? I was never good at repair class in the army, but I know some things!"

• Like 1

"Oh! This? Ahah, thank you for your compliment but this is not a weapon. This is a telescope! A small one, though. I can place it down on a tripod to observe the stars."

He looks through it.

"No heavy damages it seems. Just a tiny crack on the lens."

Hands it to her

"It's frail, I never should have used it as a weapon. Clumsy me...the panic got to my head."

Edited by DwerBomb
Lil typo
  • Like 1

"W-well, I was in my room, then a radio talked to me, then I made a wish, and now I'm here!" Concern clouded his face. "Mom always said I shouldn't go too far from home alone. Do you know where," he paused as he remembered, "21 Park Street is?"

When Conner got back he set the logs and axe down by art then looked around and noticed the new person, or rather the new kid. He frowned. A kid shouldn't have to go through something like this. He walked over to where they were fixing T.O.M and just observed what they were doing.

(train him in the ways of the hunt!)

Edited by Mezukie

Matthew smiled. "Thanks."

He suddenly became aware of a foul stench, covering his nose to avoid breathing in its odors. While looking for the source of the smell, he noticed for the first time the three hound corpses littering the ground, and almost jumped backwards in alarm before realizing there was no sign of life in their eyes. He seemed to relax somewhat, but said nothing, only stared at the bloodied corpses while holding tighter to his plush.

"You mean... the lights in the sky? You can view them?!"
Arca held the telescope but didn't want to damage it, so she held it extremely akwardly.
"Wow... I uh... how do I operate this spectral, frail device?
Now that you mention it, it does indeed not look like a very good weapon, haha! If you wish, I can... teach you the basics of duel!"

Edited by RyanandLink