Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

Fix it? Bell had never seen anything nearly as advanced as this before; who knows how much study would be required to figure out how this thing worked. However, the squirrel of all people seemed to know a bit about it. Perhaps they could figure it out together. She tilted her head.. Mechanical licenses? She had no idea what those were.

Edited by MenaAthena
ninja'd

(I know I am hot XD)

"Just... make him quieter for the love of the gods please!" Art said and found a spot for a fire. She started by pulling the grass and leaf litter away. She wished she had some rocks to like the pit with but all they had was the flint stones and they were too useful to be wasted on this. Art shrugged. Nothing could be done about that right now, she looked at what they had for fuel. Grass and twigs but nothing very big. 

"We are going to need firewood. Like thick stuff, branches and logs" She was mostly talking to herself. Art sat down cross legged and pulled a few twigs, some grass and flint into her lap. Maybe she could make some sort of make shift axe and they could cut down a tree or something? Green wood would smoke like crazy but better than nothing. Art muttered to herself nonsensically for several minutes but in the end she produced something approaching an axe.

"HA!" She declared in triumph holding the ugly creation aloft. It was sturdy and sharp, which in her mind was more than enough to make it an ax.

"Who wants to get wood?" 

• Like 1

"I see! That does make some sort of sense." Arca said to the squirrel, while they were walking back.

She put her berries where everyone else put it, and heard TOM talk for the first time. She turned around only to see a metal contraption screech at everyone. "Ahhh!" Arca flew on top of a tree. 

"W-what... is t-this?" She stuttered while looking at the robot. She had never seen a creature such as this, but it was loud and looked very broken.

She calmed down a bit and got to her senses, departing from the tree Arca slowly approached him, ready to draw her sword if need be. "H... hello..." she said while carefully trying to get a better look at it.

Red turned to Arca. "It's another victim of this world. He's friendly... but loud" Red turned back to TOM. "Look, I never worked in any mechanical shop, nor have I worked in any sales or advertisement based jobs, therefore I lack a  Mechanical License but you're gonna have to trust me. I promise nothing bad is gonna happen to you."

Edited by DragonMage156

T.O.M's mouth turned it's lights off. He obviously wasn't happy to have someone without a license look inside him. "L-L-L-L-L-L-" T.O.M got stuck on the letter L for ten seconds "L-LISTEN, I W-WOULD FEEL M-MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE IF S-S-SOMEBODY W-WITH A LICENSE OPERATED O-ON M-ME, O-OR AT L-LEAST A GUY W-WITH A NOTE F-FROM THE B-BOSS."

Conner was still looking at T.O.M as he stated his thoughts out loud "I'm not sure you'd want to try and open him up, it's not like we have good tools I mean what if you break something inside of him or turn him off forever?" 

• Like 2

Conner saw that Bell was pouting and put up his hands defensively "Oh uh, I have no doubt you could do it if you had the right tools I just, I mean.. Would you want to risk it with what we have here?" then he directed his attention back to the robot. "So what's your name?" he asked as he smiled at the robot.

Conner starred at the tools. He had no clue what tools you'd actually need for this robot and the only one he did know were something like a screwdriver. "Ah I'm not sure if they are or not only T.O.M might know, or if not then that would be the people who fix him and I'm not in the field," he said. He looked to T.O.M again "And I don't think he'd want anyone to try so..." Conner tried to think of something that might help the situation "So, you'd either have to knock him out or hold him down,"

"Knocking him out does seem rather drastic..." Red said "... let's try it!" As TOM tried to frantically escape, Red thought about that option a bit. "Hang on... how will we know if this robot can be knocked out? I mean it would he helpful and better off. I know I wouldn't want to be awake if I was being operated on."

• Like 1

Conner blinked. Ideas? Oh wait did he just.. " OH! I didn't mean we would actually, I mean I didn't think... Uh... Hey maybe we should focus on surviving?" he said nervously. He jumped as the siren came on. He really screwed this up he thought as he slapped himself in the face. 

Art found that the robot and the conversation was getting more and more annoying. She clapped her hands over her ears at the sound of the siren and went over to TOM. She looked him right in his face.
"I AM THE BOSS, STOP THIS RACKET AT ONCE! AND ALLOW THESE NICE LADIES TO SEE IF THEY CAN DO SOME BASIC MAINTENANCE!"  She yelled at the robot resisting the urge to kick him.

"At the very least we need you to be QUIETER" Art growled

Maxwell was never one to miss an opportunity and frankly the loud noise had scared off every bird and harmless animal in the area. It did attract something much large, furrier and angrier. A pair of Hounds had heard the noise and decided it was worth investigating, they loped into view at the edge of the forest their huge fangs glistening in the sun. They growled and then let out a very loud bark and decided to charge and kill these people after all they looked tastier than pigs. 

• Like 1

"I hear... barking? Conner, might it be your--" she stopped as she saw a bunch of wolf-like creatures charging at the group! Arca drew her sword, "Look out, over there!" She says, and she pointed her sword in the direction of the hounds. They probably had enough people to be able to defend themselves, but she and Sylvia were probably the only two who knew how to do it. She changed her stance into a defensive position. She swiftly yelled "Everyone, grab something to help defend yourself! Do not forget to correct your stance!" In an attempt to alert everyone.

"I didn't think that would actually work" Art commented looking at the robot laying on its face. She heard something and turned to see two gigantic looking hounds charging towards them.
"Oh sh-" she snatched up the axe that she had dropped and grabbed some of the sturdy looking branches they had gathered.These she thrust into every and any empty hand she could see.

"Don't run.. if you run its worse... or something" she swore she had read somewhere that running made it worse. Right now every fibre of her being was telling her to run. She wanted to run and not stop until she reached a nice warm library with a big stack of books. Her hands were shaking on the ax handle as the hounds closed the distance. 20 feet, there was still time to run... 15 feet how did something grow that big in the first place? 10 feet why wasn't she running? Her knees felt watery and her heart was pounding so hard. 5 feet, at least the angel had a sword...