Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

8 hours ago, Lord_Battal said:

(I just realized "Bell" is a Hunchback of Notre Dam reference, since he lived in a belltower.  Am I an idiot for not noticing this sooner?)

(I haven't even seen it and I knew that)

8 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

(If anything I'm an idiot for not seeing that I made that reference.)

(Oh well that's just what I thought of).

Red took Sylvia's hand and thanked those who saved him. "I definitely won't be doing that again" he said, "Hopefully I'll be more prepared next time. Now let's take a look at this robot" Red walked over to TOM and Bell. At the very least, the hounds didn't look like they were attacking anymore.

"I'm actually interested in this thing." She jogged over to T.O.M and began to talk to him.

"Hey! Buddy! D'ya mind putting your piece away? Some might get a 'mite nervous!"

(Yes, she is putting on an accent. She's still full fox, three tails and everything by the way.) 

Edited by Dannyrulx
  • Like 2

Conner's fear faded as he felt like he could move again. He looked around. This wasn't what he expected, well he didn't really expect anything per say but he still felt that this was the start of things getting worse. He relaxed his posture and loosened his grip on the twig. He decided to walk a bit away from the group and started to pace to try and ease his mind.

Art stared at TOM for some time, if she had known he had a gun she would have woken him up way earlier. As it was there was three dead hounds and everyone was alive still.

"Do you suppose they are edible as well?" Art asked her voice still a touch unsteady. She felt something wet on her face and raised a hand to touch it. It same away with blood and she remembered that hot splash and yanked her shirt up and rubbed her face energetically on it trying to get the blood off. She didn't care that doing this flashed part of her bra at the group.She just wanted the blood off. After a few moments she pulled her shirt back down and composed herself.

"I think we should light a fire. It should scare any more such creatures away, I think. TOM you need to let the girls see if they can make you quieter or we might attract more of those... things. Can someone go get fire wood? I made an axe... sort of. Also if we are going to eat that bird i think we need to pluck it or something..." 

Calling back to Art, Sylvia replied: "If you do it right, you can char fur and skin off of an animal, whilst still leaving it tender. I'll show you how in a bit. As for the hounds, let me try some first. Foxes are scavengers, we have to have strong stomachs." She made a face. "Still hate tomatoes though..."

She turned back to TOM. "So buddy. Mind if we get you to a reasonable volume?"

Edited by Dannyrulx

"BUT THE B-BOSS NEEDS TO KNOW W-W-W-WHEN WE GET A SALE!" T.O.M complains. Having that sale sign removed would be like losing a part of himself. Literally. The sign used to be able to retract into his fedora, but y'know. That broke. T.O.M turned to Sylvia. "D-DO YOU HAVE A MECHANICAL L-LICENSE?"

"Mechanical... Licence? I've fixed my motorbike, if that counts?" She paused. "Wait, maybe this'll make you more comfortable."

A moment of concentration, and quite suddenly, she was human again. "Tell you what. Let me fix a minor part of you, then we move onto the bigger stuff?"

Grinding her teeth, Sylvia opened the back of TOM up. Pausing for a second, she hit the 'off' switch. Nothing happened. "Wow. This is a machine so broken it can't actually be turned off? Wheeeew." She looked at the speaker, before carefully removing it and examining it  ripping it out. The noise abruptly cut out from TOM, although it looked like there would be no permenant damage, even the wires had simply 'popped' out. "Red, other than the rust and gunk, see anything?".

"Hm" Red closely examined "everything looks messed up. Wires sticking out everywhere, gears all rusted and worn out, a couple stones and dirt stuck in the nook and crannies as well. We're gonna need more gears and tools if we want to repair this guy. Bell has the tools but where are we going to get gears from?" Red thought while rubbing his chin. "At the very least, we should clean out all this gunk and rust to the best or our abilities."

Bell, now calmed down a bit since the hounds were dead, reassembled and put away her scissors and was looking inside the contraption with the squirrel. The mechanisms inside seemed both similar and alien, like it was a more complicated, built up version of things she was already familiar with. Upon hearing the squirrel mention gears, she rummaged around in her coat some more before bringing out a small handful of tiny gears. They looked more suited for toys and other tiny contraptions than for salesmen robots.

(Straight outta a parallel universe, baby!)

Name: Matthew

Backstory: Matthew once lived with his mother in a house in the suburbs. Being a single parent, Matthew's mother often struggled with making ends meet, and as a result, they had very few possessions and little money. One night, while he was weeping in his room, a voice on his mom's old radio (a family heirloom) spoke to him, promising to give him anything he desired; shortly after he made his wish, shadowy hands reached out from the floor and dragged him into the Don't Starve world. Now, he's lost and scared, but at least he has his stuffed rabbit with him!

Appearance: On the thin side. Has short, messy brown hair, pale skin, and soft, gray eyes. Wears a green, long-sleeved shirt and a pair of blue knee-length shorts. Always carries around a (non-sentient, mind you) orange rabbit plushie for comfort.

Personality: Sweet and shy, but can be rather squeamish and cowardly in the face of danger, since he's just a kid. He's also very submissive and apologizes frequently, often personally taking the blame for any problems that may occur. He's always willing to put all of his effort into what he does, though. Oh, also, he loves animals!

Quirk/Gift/Ability (optional): Slightly resistant to nightmares and insanity as long as he's got his plushie, vulnerable otherwise.

Hide contents

His deal with Maxwell grants him the ability to slowly but passively heal anyone around him, so long as he is in high spirits and is holding his plushie. This effect extends to monsters as well, but only if they are organic. (For example, T.O.M would not be affected, but a hound would be.) When he is afraid, upset, or stressed, hostile entities are healed instead.

• Like 3

Maxwell popped into existence a few feet away from them and sneered at them.

"Good show, I have a present for you" Maxwell sneered and waved his cigar holding hand lazily. Shadowy hands appeared and deposited an unconscious boy onto the grass. Then he winked at Bell and vanished again. 

Art handed over the axe without complaint.She wasn't sure about burning the fur off the hounds, didn't burnt hair stink something awful? The hounds already smelt pretty bad. Also weren't you supposed to gut things before you cooked them so that you didn't end up with the mess of the intestines and things all through the meat? Would burning work on feathers? Where was that bird anyways? 

"I think that..." Art was interrupted by Maxwell showing up.

"YOU" She growled pointing at him and advancing but before she even got close he had vanished again. "I HATE THAT GIT!" Art got so angry that she actually stamped her feet for a moment in sheer irritation. She then looked at the 'present' it was a young boy, just what they did not need.
"Great, he left us a kid..." 

Conner took the axe and was about to head out when he heard Maxwell and looked back. He didn't see who was brought in as he decided to continue on his way to find some lumber. He wasn't exactly a lumberjack but he knew he didn't want the small ones. As he wondered a bit he found one and took a swing at it with the axe. He jerked the axe back out and continued until he tree fell. Well he could cross off being a lumberjack if he ever got fired from his job he thought as he panted from the effort then went to get the lumber. He continued to the next tree in a similar fashion. 

Matthew's eyes fluttered open. "Wha...uh?" He sat up, a little groggy but unharmed. After a moment of sitting, he looked at his arms and stiffened in sudden realization, his eyes darting left and right before resting on a plush rabbit which lay just beside him. He wasted no time in snatching it up and holding it in one arm. With that out of the way, he was free to look up at the lady currently towering over him, who was glaring at him with disdain.

"Uh...hi!"

Just now, Lord_Battal said:

(Wiffleball backstory incoming.  Calling it now.)

(Nah, it's a parallel universe. What Matthew does here has no impact on Wiffleball; while they do share a common backstory, it diverges at one crucial point.)

"Darn!" Red said in frustration as he tried to fix something inside TOM. Something fizzed as it declined Red's treatment. Bell pulled out some small gears. Red examined them before saying "Sorry Bell, but where gonna need bigger gears than that. Like maybe from some sort of robotic hound Maxwell's hidden away. However, we may be able to use these on his wheel and steering mechanics so keeps those safe." A sound caught Red's attention. Off in the distance he saw a young boy clutching a stuffed rabbit. Red decided to go in and investigate.

Edited by DragonMage156

"Ah, victory!" Arca said when the hounds were all defeated, and did a little jump turning around and holding her sword up in the air. She put it pack into the holster, and a tall man showed up. He had a voice similair to the one they heard when waking up, so maybe he could answer some questions... but it was already too late. He had left a little boy where he departed. "Huh? A child?" Arca looked curious, and flew over to him. "Hello, little one!"