Chat Topic: What's on your mind?

DragonMage156

1 hour ago, Mobbstar said:

Looks like an armadillo lizard. I know this because there's a really cute image showing their name's origin:

Reveal hidden contents

9997eb9aa9c1e20c02d61b1663e5c577.jpg

Sadly, the pet industry has driven their kind to the edge of extinction.

And I was just about to say I wanted one

Poor adorable things

4 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Oh dear, you are a bit behind on business studies. Let me help you:

option 1: invest half your assets into sustainability (of whatever definition) and make half the profit

option 2: invest all your assets into even more profit

Any reasonable for-profit company would go for option 2, right?

In the case of a single company, the internal communication and coordination is (hopefully) very well developed and the "head" can be smart enough to sustain the company.

But in the case of many small businesses trying to make ends meet with what little is available in their area, having to compete with big industries, the so-called Tragedy of the Commons takes effect. (Besides, there's this notion towards creating artificial rivalry within businesses to boost performance, which can cause a similiar effect.)

This leads us to the concept of expansion, but that's a sad truth story for another day...

EDIT: No... I mean, yes, you are seeing the whole picture, but my point is that not everybody does.

Do these lizards not breed in captivity or something? Because sustainability isn't an issue with, say, livestock. I can't really see the Tragedy of the Commons becoming involved unless the lizards are only being taken from the wild.

Unless, of course, it's just cheaper to get them from the wild. In which case, extinction is unlikely, but they might only live in captivity.

On 3/21/2016 at 5:11 PM, Mobbstar said:
On 3/21/2016 at 5:11 PM, Mobbstar said:

@Sporb Here's my main source. I may have slightly exaggerated with "extinction"...

Uh, the post editor really doesn't want me to eliminate the nested quote.

Wow, so I may have been right. From the source, it sounds like they're threatened in the wild because they're easy for poachers to catch, and they only mate during certain times of year. Of course, I really don't know how that compares to other species' reproduction...

6 hours ago, Sporb said:

Of course, I really don't know how that compares to other species' reproduction...

Other "pet" animals spawn like rabbits. :p

6 hours ago, Sporb said:

Okay this post is less of a train wreck now.

You don't happen to have seen a magician around here, do you?

1 hour ago, Pyromailmann said:

Power went out on my street for an hour.

Oh no! I hope there's no hospitals in your street.

54 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

Guys, help- *cough* I think am dying *blows nose*

Oh no! Quick, take some pills! The red-red ones work best for this one, I think.

Oh I was just thinking of posting here. This cover of the DS theme is really cool. I found it while looking for a different cover (that clearly didn't exist) with this instrument. I hope to get it one day.

(Wait, have I shared this already? Don't think so. Maybe? Uh...)

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I found it while looking for a different cover (that clearly didn't exist) with this instrument. I hope to get it one day.

Never heard of a Melodica before. Seems like a simpler accordion.

What is this, a blowiano

It's the little things that make me smile

TBH I'm glad that the guys over at Tindalos delayed the Launch of this game to make it as good as possible something i really have to give props in a day and age where Developers just rush out their games to hold deadlines and at the end you get a buggy mess that needs at least 2 more Months of patches to be in a playable state.

11 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Oh I was just thinking of posting here. This cover of the DS theme is really cool. I found it while looking for a different cover (that clearly didn't exist) with this instrument. I hope to get it one day.

Wait, have I shared this already? Don't think so. Maybe? Uh...)

This sounds like something you might hear in a  Professor Layton game to me.

2 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

This sounds like something you might hear in a  Professor Layton game to me.

*caw caw*

"Ah! ... P-Professor, are you sure this is the right way?"

"This is the route the gentleman in town described to us. But I have to agree, this forest makes me feel uneasy..."

• Developer
9 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

*caw caw*

"Ah! ... P-Professor, are you sure this is the right way?"

"This is the route the gentleman in town described to us. But I have to agree, this forest makes me feel uneasy..."

"You see, Luke, that rock reminds me of a puzzle."

"Professor..."

"Oh, and so does that bird. Would you like to hear them out?"

"Professor, we need to focus on gathering wood for a fire!"

"Oh, wood-gathering and fire just remind me of more puzzles!"

"Professor..."

Archived