Chat Topic: What's on your mind?

DragonMage156

18 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

I'm not sure actually. I'm pretty sure it wasn't captured from the wild, but the bread hasn't really been domesticated yet. She's still really skittish and gets startled by sudden movements and loud noises.

You've got some rich/eccentric parents.

Wow this chevrotain looks like a Chiwawa fell from the third story into a midden. In comparison, the wild ones blend in. How exactly does it look cute? And more importantly, how are you not constantly worried about it.. er... its "wild nature"? (They're similiar to pigs)

Also, wash your feet!  XD

2 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Wow this chevrotain looks like a Chiwawa fell from the third story into a midden. In comparison, the wild ones blend in. How exactly does it look cute? And more importantly, how are you not constantly worried about it.. er... its "wild nature"? (They're similiar to pigs)

Also, wash your feet!  XD

I suppose cute is subjective. It's also a prey animal that's pretty much at the bottom of the food chain, just above grass and stuff. The only bits of wild nature it has is it's skittishness and it's habit of going wherever it's standing, if you know what I mean.

P.S. Those aren't my feet in the picture.

4 hours ago, Mack18853 said:

Has anyone else noticed that Costco looks just like Sam's?

tumblr_ny1r7kY4mI1ut7czbo1_500.gif.4af14

Not but serious i got no idea what the heck you'r talking about. Although after a quick google search i found out that one of the things is a Storebrand however one i have never heard of or seen (maybe because the only stores Google Maps show me that are near my location are in the UK not the best place to go for a quick Shopping trip in my case)

1 hour ago, Mr.P said:

Not but serious i got no idea what the heck you'r talking about. Although after a quick google search i found out that one of the things is a Storebrand however one i have never heard of or seen (maybe because the only stores Google Maps show me that are near my location are in the UK not the best place to go for a quick Shopping trip in my case)

Basically, Costco and Sam's are both huge stores where you can buy food in bulk (among other things, but the bulk food is what most people think of) and you have to have a membership to shop there.

3 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

Basically, Costco and Sam's are both huge stores where you can buy food in bulk (among other things, but the bulk food is what most people think of) and you have to have a membership to shop there.

i still don't understand the membership thing

so you have to pay money to be able to buy things?

that's a good way to make money, but not very consumer effective

2 minutes ago, Mack18853 said:

i still don't understand the membership thing

so you have to pay money to be able to buy things?

that's a good way to make money, but not very consumer effective

I guess maybe customers with large families or possibly even food related business figure that they still save money buying in bulk even with thee extra cost of membership. I'm not sure anyone's actually done the math though.

You ever had this situation where you just do everyday chores and suddenly something stupid yet hilarious pops into your mind?

Well had that happen today was just doing the dishes when this popped into my mind

Was pretty hard to keep a straight face while doing the dishes but at least my mom wasn't here to hear me laught my a** of because of it.

That's why I listen to music while doing the dishes XD though my mind still wonders :p

Not to be technical on types but I'm pretty sure Charazard comes under dragon. If not, it's the best non-dragon Pokemon I've ever seen. Too bad I never saw enough of Pokemon to know how powerful Dragonite really is -_- but that sounds pretty awesome :)

8 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

That's why I listen to music while doing the dishes XD though my mind still wonders :p

Not to be technical on types but I'm pretty sure Charazard comes under dragon. If not, it's the best non-dragon Pokemon I've ever seen. Too bad I never saw enough of Pokemon to know how powerful Dragonite really is -_- but that sounds pretty awesome :)

If he refers to Gen 1 (as in the actual Gen 1 and not the Gen 3 Remake aka Firered and Leafgreen) then it's pretty powerfull if not the strongest non Legendary Mon in that Gen.

Although a few of those things where more because of some bugs and programming quirks in the actual Gen 1.

For starters Hyperbeam (a move very common on Dragonite) was utterly broken. Normally you have to wait a turn until you can do anything againnow in Gen 1 it was bugged in the way that it ignores the charge up turn if you knocked the enemy with it what made it easy to sweep the floor with most enemys if they are to weak to survive Hyperbeam.

The other problem was that there was no real Counter to it as Dragons in Gen 1 only had 2 weaknesses and that was Dragon and Ice. Problem was the only real Dragontype move gen 1 had was Dragonrage what did 40 points of damage flat so no very effective and STAB (same type attack bonus) boni to capitalize on it to defeat Dragonit. And Ice had the problem as well with only i think 3 Icemoves in the entire gen those being Aurorabeam (pretty weak), Icebeam (better version of Aurorabeam) and Blizzard (powerfull but very inaccurate). However another problem with Ice was that you only had a few mons to capitalize on the STAB bonus and those where either pretty weak (Seel or Shellder) or had supoptimal stats to use the move effectively (Weak physical stat what the Icetype used to determine damage).

Also Lance was a freaking cheater as he had underleveld Dragonites since it normally evolves at level 55 but he has i think ones that are around the 46-50 range.

Nowadays Dragonite isn't as common anymore because Mons like Salamence are just plain better in terms of stats or abilitys but it's still a solid pick if you want to go through the trouble of leveling that Dratini from level 20 or so up to 55.

• Developer
19 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Not to be technical on types but I'm pretty sure Charazard comes under dragon. If not, it's the best non-dragon Pokemon I've ever seen.

Nope, he's Fire/Flying.

Though I think his mega evolution from Pokémon X makes him dragon type...

2 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Nope, he's Fire/Flying.

Though I think his mega evolution from Pokémon X makes him dragon type...

Yeah Mega Charizard X is Fire/Dragon though that doesn't make him much better from what i heard and Mega Charizard Y is actually the better of the 2 Megaevos.

Still though not a big fan of Charizard myself it's just to generic in terms of Dragondesigns i rather pick Squirtle or Bulbasaur when i tend to replay Gen 1.

Archived