Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

Noctimus cried. He cried like he cried only once before, when he found the remains of master in that sand pile. He howled and he screeched and he yelled and he kicked his little legs in frustration and anger, coughed, then continued bawling. Kate and Ma weren't moving anymore....

Edited by Youknowwho

Otto saw Gyx walk past with Crab. "So much for dinner... not that I wanted to eat that guy anyway, we have enough fish right here on deck."

Otto stood there and thought for a bit. "It's be a waste to just continue sleeping for the whole trip..." Otto put a finger to his chin "Where are we going exactly?" he asked himself. "Eh maybe I should explore a bit more while I wait"

Otto went below deck. "I never got much of a chance to explore down here" Then he heard cries somewhere behind the boxes. "Who's there?" he readied himself for an attack. The floorboards above the cargo hold collapsed a little ways infront of him. "What the...?" He ran over and found Synder, Kate, Noctimus and Wiffleball. (Assuming he fell down near where they are). Wiffleball and Kate weren't moving. "Are aren't you guys moving? Are you playing some sort of game?... And why is this shadow pup crying?" Then Otto remembered something about a hundred pages ago. "Is he still scared of me?"

Syndir shook away his confusion and took a look around. "Why hello there Otter," He greeted. "This here is no game." He took a long sniff. "This smells like some dank magic."

"Well no that's probably still the fish, but something about this is fishy nonetheless."

Edited by Zeklo
Punctuation
  • Like 2

Syndir grimaced and paced around his seemingly... frozen... friends—friend and goddess. For of course no reason would he dare try and lower her mightiness down to his own pitiful level...

The only one he knew aboard the ship that dealt with strange magics would be the depth worshiper, but Syndir was completely incapable of understanding them so it would do little good.

"Minni, give me something to work with here." He mumbled.

Fine. Now I'm going to go on a whim here, but let's say you were to like move their hand off the seal? Crazy I know.

Syndir blinked, "You come up with the weirdest ideas." He then attempted to move Kate's hand off the seal.

Silven thought that the new creature must be the happy, since he wasn't the mad and he had no real knowledge on the sad. Which could only mean on thing, and that was to use a hug in this situation. He was sure this wouldn't effect the consequences for rapid hugging since it was in small amounts. He reached out to the new creature and tried to hug it as best he could while also trying to not let got of the Markless even more gaint tursai.

This was rather difficult, as one-handed-hugs usually only work if you can wrap your arm around the recipient.  And here, this certainly wasn't the case.  Confused, the Pyrosome pulls its head back, tugging Silven away from Niella and leaving him floating- well, sinking was probably a more accurate term - in the open water.

Edited by Battal

This was new, he wondered how it happened- oh he was not holding onto the Markless even more gaint tursai anymore. Interesting though, he seemed to be moving slightly downward even though he himself wasn't. This could relate to air in a way but slower, he wondered if his wings would work the same? But before he tested this he stuck his arms out and moved them, slowly at first then tried to go faster which wasn't that fast.

(I'm not joking, he literally can't smile.  His mouth is a jagged piece of shell, remember?  The only reason Niella can smile is because she can dislocate her jaw like a snake and form expressions.)

The pyrosome is starting to get annoyed by Silven.  What was this weird fuzzy human thing?

Silven remembered the new creature, oh right! He lifted his wings a bit and tried to flap, they met resistance but he did move! The other way, but it was progress. He wondered if he would completely unfold his wings would that make him go further? But first things was first and that was getting to the new creature! It certainly would have wanted that hug. He quickly tried to push himself to it, but only managed to make him spin in a circle 

Meritursas gives a long, exasperated sigh.  This was going to be a long day.

The pyrosome starts making high-pitched, clicking moans with its throat, calling out to its brethren.  Before long, Silven is surrounded by over a dozen of the massive glowing jaws, all of them chittering at eachother in various tones and pitches.

Sharx A tries to jump directly at Wallan, but a big wave crashes on his raft and moves it away of the sharx's trajectory (not without damaging the raft and wetting Wallan).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The harpoon directed at Jaw hits and kills a Flup that jumped to hit the running Jaw. How lucky!

[Jaw running on all four is an adorable thought, wish I could draw it]

• Like 1