Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

1 hour ago, Battal said:

(Niella smashed into a new island which has all unintroduced characters on it.)

My sail broke, I am now rowing.
The raft is sinking, and my arms are failing.
There is nowhere to stop, no islands, no nothing.
I ran out of coconuts and I’m getting thirsty. Seaweed is nowhere to be found in deep blue seas. My safe bet is to wait… See where the current takes me, which seems to be west. Hours passed, the sun sets.
Darkness envelops me, the torch won’t last for long.
I close my eyes and think of home…

And then she opens her eyes. She does so on what seems to be a sandy shore. The sound of the sea washing the sand crosses her ears. Ocean birds flapping and singing about, so naïve and ignorant to her situation.

Again.

The sand was wet. Waves splashing against her face. Her life vest is used and damaged now, apparently weathered out. Her torso and head were surfaced thanks to a waterlogged plank she was resting on before arriving to that island. Whatever resources she had are now lost in deep sea. When a final wave pushes her to the shore, she stumbles against the sand particles and small seashells, scratching and cutting her scaly skin. Luckily, that parrot didn't appear now.

She weakly crawls to dry sands, and then groans as she drops herself onto the ground. Minutes pass as she recovers her breath and tries to regain her composure. The gecko finds fortitude after minutes of attempts and eventually stands up, her legs shaking. Removing the now useless life vest, she waddles to the nearby patch of trees. She checks herself and notices she was slimmer than she even remembers, and she could still listen to those whispers, the sounds of which she hadn't heard before... Her knees were so weak... Suddenly, the ground shakes, followed by a booming sound that came from the other side of the island. The vibrations make her skip a step and she falls onto the ground, hissing in frustration.

• Like 9

In a massive cascade of displaced water, Niella lifts her primary head above the surface if the water.  She sticks her tongue out, stretching it over the island, scanning the landmass for any potential threats to Silven.  The water dripping off her carapace sprinkles the island like rain.  Suddenly, she sees something lying on a beach.  Looked like a human; looked like they were struggling!  Niella quickly leans in, planting one of her hands on the beach for support.  "Are you okay?"

Nadas tries to get up but the ground shakes again, and she curses in a low tone, balancing herself as she leans against a nearby palm tree, her arm against it and the other hand lifted to shield her eyes from the sun.

She doesn't have a moment to react when a gigantic carapace-covered hand crushes the sand nearby, landing flat. She gasps and gets up, scared off her senses, leaning her back against the bark and looking up until she sets her sight on a pair of brilliant yellow eyes.

When Niella's booming voice is heard, she's confused. The creature seemed incredibly dangerous, but her voice was so... Friendly? She was asking if Nadas was ok, after all. And besides, for the first time in what seemed months, someone was talking to her, at least.

To respond, she hisses at first. Then, she whispers something inaudible, attempting to smile albeit nervously.

• Like 3

Niella repositions her hand and sets the other one down in the woods, flattening an acre of trees.  She leans in further to the point where Nadas can't see the sky anymore.  She can see now that they aren't a human at all; but instead were a weird sort of lizard person.  "What was that?"  She asks her.

She clears her throat and then speaks again, "You... Understand me?" she replies with a soft voice after a moment's hesitation, licking the air randomly. "... I'm... Not okay..." her knees shake again and she ends up sitting down once more, wincing.

• Like 1

"Yeah, I understand you.  The only person I can't understand is that weird fish guy who wanted...well, it's a long story."

She leans back, lowering her head down onto the sand a couple meters from Nadas.  "So what happened to you?  You look sorta...beat up."

She frowns, "I've been... trying to survive this archipelago for... S-Several weeks. Searching for... The others." Nadas pauses and puts a hand on her bandaged leg, apparently applying pressure "They... Didn't see me, and... I was left behind." now that she can look at Niella better, she did have some resemblance to the sea creature she saw weeks ago as it left with a ship on its jaws. But, this one is much larger...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CandySweet said:

(Ugh, not feeling up to it today i'm afraid. Lots of work, little time. I'll try to post tomorrow.)

(That's fine. Maybe it's better to bring in characters one at a time so people don't get too confused.)

3 hours ago, wxps350 said:

Crab stared at Otto, wondering his actual toughness from how a small bonk from he, a tiny crab, holding a tiny broom, made him curse and clench his foot.

(Oh, I expected Crab to have surprising strength ^^; maybe I can tone it down a bit)

51 minutes ago, Ysulyan said:

Nadas gulps and seems shocked, taken aback by that question; but then replies, although stammering at first, "I-I... Don't know... You devoured... The large sea-serpent beast that was carrying them too...?"

(So... are all ships being carried by Tursai?)

Luckily, Crab's attack didn't hurt too much. Otto was still trying to attack him. Perhaps he should trip him up and go for his spider-like legs. A foot for a foot!

While Crab still seemed confused, Otto went for his legs.

"go max speed! Push it to the limit! go go go! i'll catch you a clawfull of eels if you go faster! c'monnn! hurry! we're missing out on all the cool stuff that could be ahead! those things you keep rambling about could be there! c'mon you slow poke!"

Malii continued to annoy and cheer on Meri to go faster and hurry up the boat.

"O-Oh... Ha" she nervously said, in a pathetic attempt to weasel out of the uncomfortable situation. "I get it... Inside jokes." the gecko tries to get up again, successfully doing so after two attempts. "So... You know of this crew and their... mascot?"

Syndir's poke pushed Wiffleball to the side a little, but otherwise, appeared to have no effect. Despite their best efforts, nothing seemed to be working, and he lay unnaturally still.

All of a sudden, Wiffleball sprung upwards!

"ИYAAAAAH! GOT YOU!"

Well, for Kate and Kade, anyways. To the others, he just appeared to be silently flailing his arms in Kate's general direction.

Edited by WaddleDee
  • Like 5

MENU

~Tropical food is just a couple of steps away because it's on the ship~

Spoiler

~One lovely handcrafted barrel filled a quarter of the way with the finest coffee~

[ Find this delightful drink below deck! ]

~15 Catch of the day: freshly caught fish~

[ Find this miracle meal above deck! ]

~20 Soothing Mystery Berries!~

[ Find this exotic treat in the blanket basket! ]

~One lovely cut of meat from vicious beasts!~

[ Let your tongue experience adventure if Wallan decides to give it to you! ]

~One flavorful sharx fin!~

[ Experience the authentic Jaw taste if Wallan decides to give it to you! ]

~16 pieces of delightful dragon coral!~

[ Find this crunchy snack below deck! ]

~One Salty Rag Tag Crew!~

[ You'll know it when you see this fantastic dish!]

[Here's the stock currently. It's a work in progress. I can edit my first post, which happened to be right next to the first one, to paste the menu and constantly update it when needed. If everyone's okay with that of course. If @Chris1488 is really alright with adding it to the main post and taking on the duty of updating it then that's fine. Up with whatever.]

Edited by Youknowwho
fixed some errors
  • Like 8