Don't Starve Update Trailer: Turf!

So you guys are improving on the base mechanics of this game? Seems like an odd direction, considering for a while the game has been moving towards a nomadic direction. The more you put into making bases look nice, the less people are ever going to want to leave them.

Also, I'm not good at finding secrets. Get to it, community!

Edited by Sliver

Seems like a very nice base decoration feature! Thanks for your work! Now my dream of patchwork house will come true!

I wonder if replanted biomes will work like they were or just for the looks. What about digging swamp with tentacles on?

I hope we will see more changes aside this new mechanic thou.

Did the ground Wilson was standing on at 1:08 look new to you?

I definitely think so too, toaster. Seems to be like a smooth stone texture, unlike any I've seen in the game before. Also I've got nothing on those red dots/lines :confused: I almost thought braille at first but I'd have no way of checking; I have no method of inspecting the video other than using the spacebar and the arrow keys on youtube. :( Maybe it is braille?

This is amazing!

Like someone else said, I really hope that on the replanted land, things still take effect. For example, tentacles spawn on swamp turf.

Well a while back Kevin did mention that while tentacles were finite right now, he planned to allow them to respawn. As to the when and how... no clue. Once they can respawn then maybe they will respawn with "swamp" turf. That could create some interesting defense options since tentacles hate spiders.

Just looked at the video almost frame-by-frame. There don't seem to be any images during scene transitions, and the only part that actually sticks out in the video are the red lines/dots. At first they are very frequent dots, just part of the heavy video filter. They they turn into random lines and upside-down V's. There doesn't seem to be any pattern, and they certainly don't spell out anything.

Posted Image

Just looked at the video almost frame-by-frame. There don't seem to be any images during scene transitions, and the only part that actually sticks out in the video are the red lines/dots. At first they are very frequent dots, just part of the heavy video filter. They they turn into random lines and upside-down V's. There doesn't seem to be any pattern, and they certainly don't spell out anything.

Posted Image

maybe its supposed to be a image of something ?

The shots were very hard to actually get, but relatively easy to spot.

If someone wants to try and screenshot each one, be my guest. But I don't see how it's possible without downloading the video and slowing it down.

Sure this could be used for decoration, but as many others have said it will probably have some purpose to it. Maybe after winter everything respawns on all tiles including those you place yourself? Or maybe you can only plant trees on forest and grassland tiles? We'll have to wait for the update to find out.