Caves Beta - November 10th Update

• Developer

Build: 155931 155954

Changes:

• Added a new “server intention” filter to server listings.
  • World regeneration is now synchronized across all servers in a cluster.
  • Players are now returned to the master server’s lobby if they despawn in Wilderness mode or via console commands.
  • Players are now returned to the master server’s lobby after a world is regenerated.

Bug Fixes:

• Fix crash when haunting spider hole.
  • Fixed bug where Woodie loading in Werebeaver mode would be invisible.
  • Fixed a bug where some servers would not show when friends were playing on them.
  • Season and Game mode filters will now work properly for LAN server listings.

As always, you can get in on the fun by following the instructions here:
http://forums.kleien...ta/#entry673404

Added a new “server intention” filter to server listings.

I don't like this already.  A- it doesn't match servers to what I think is my playstyle  B- Now I have to cycle through all these options just to find the servers Im looking for. 

It was fine before, listen to the engineer's moto: "Keep it simple stupid"

I'm not sure if it's your new code or if it's me, in the form of the Citadel Servers server, but my servers (both) are being remarkably unresponsive.  Specifically, if I open up a web-console it can take a very long time for commands typed into the console to register.

It's possible that it's a problem on the server itself, or in the web-console they have set up, but it's also possible it's the code.  Alas, I'm at work so I can't hop in-game to see if there's performance degradation there.

But worth mentioning here and now, in case I'm not alone.

World regeneration is now synchronized across all servers in a cluster.

So I can't raid the ruins multiple times by regenerating the caves with friends? I can't regenerate surface worlds in order to find the perfect place to build a nice base? Kinda super bummed out. Hopefully it'll return in some way.

• Developer
So I can't raid the ruins multiple times by regenerating the caves with friends? I can't regenerate surface worlds in order to find the perfect place to build a nice base? Kinda super bummed out. Hopefully it'll return in some way.

We added c_regenerateshard() if you really need to regenerate only one shard.

Changes:

Playstyle setting?

Pls no.

At least give us the option to set playstyle to 'any' so we dont have to deal with it if we choose. I want to view all servers without having to make the distinction of my 'playstyle'.

P.S - I like the madness setting

Also first post

I'm really digging this change. I think it'll help a lot to clear up confusion as far as social, cooperative, and competitive gameplay is concerned. As far as your madness option, you're kidding yourselves if you think that griefers and trolls will quarantine themselves like that. These people need innocent victims in order to derive any pleasure from their actions. Wrecking the games of people who opt in to being wrecked simply won't do for them.  

One change though: please enable an 'all' option for the server intentions so we can just scroll through the entire server list if we want to. 

@V2C, is there a way to reduce the amount of lag you get when your world is 200+ days? I'm running on a Core i7 2600k running at 4.3GHz with Master/Shard ded server running on separate cores along with the game running on a separate core as well. all my cores are unlocked.

I get lag specifically around Tooth Traps and around camp when I have a large amount of resources in it.

Playstyle setting?

Pls no.

At least give us the option to set playstyle to 'any' so we dont have to deal with it if we choose. I want to view all servers without having to make the distinction of my 'playstyle'.

P.S - I like the madness setting

Also first post

PLEASE DO, if you going to make it easier for new people, please make it same for experienced players as well, who dont want to deal with this.

• Developer

Hey guys, we've also added a new :juggling: Easy Config launch option for multi-level dedicated server with caves.

1. Run Steam Library -> Tools -> Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server [cavesbeta]
  2. Choose Run pre-configured servers
  3. After running it for the first time, you can find (and modify) the configuration files in \\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether_EasyConfigOverworld\settings.ini

I recently got citadel servers to host dst + caves, however my server is not showing up at this time.

I've contacted them for a resolution, but I noticed that my server failed to show up the same time that "server intention" was added. I don't know if these two are connected.

Do I need to do something to get my game to show up again?

sometimes cave server crashes (apparently not due to regeneration of cave world cuz that bug is fixed and no independent server reset anymore. I could not find the reason yet)... Problem is I got a script to restart cave server in case it crashes and another script to save log files to somewhere safe... When server crashes last part of the log file cannot be saved so I cant really see what would be the reason of crash.. I got to play with the script to save the log files as a whole. I will be back with the cave server unexpected crash reports.

Build: 155931 155954

Changes:

This has a little problem... Even though you reset all filters, still server intention you select before stays active. So you cannot view all servers at once whatever you do... What if I want to view all servers in the list? This server intention option must be removed in case player selects reset all filters..

Also a question would be, why am i obliged to select an option in this filter? This option does not even let you to view all servers. You have to choose a specific one and it only shows some of the servers.. What if I dont want to use this filter? It is something like forcing people to view only dedicated servers or non dedicated servers which does not make any sense.

At this point, jacklul.com has a better filter than dont starve together in game browser itself.

Instead of this kind of filter, my suggestion is, you should put a filter like adding favorite servers into a list. So whenever player starts up his game he can easily click on favorite servers filter to decide which one to play or he can disable favorite servers filter to view all servers again.

Im reposting edited post from thread before 

1. still have that graphics glitch in menu, loading screen and when scrolling POV far away in game - to clouds. It is here since beginning and it is getting ridiculous  :(  - still there :(

2. Invisibility: equip bush hat and right after you click to hide take it from your head slot - bam! invisible - still there

3. Wickerbottom tentacles - we spawned couple tentacles around slurtle mounds and after earthquake they start to attack slurtels BUT after some time they become inactive around mobs and also when i am standing on them. ALSO slurtles after hiding to their shell because of tentacle attack after a while they are STUCK in that shell and wont come out until they die (423947239 hits with best weapon) - still there

5. I don't know if this is feature or bug but nightmare creatures after nightmare cycle ends are not dropping nightmare fuel after they disappear - looks like this is feature (weird)

6. I don't know if shadow monkeys are hostile to bunnies but seems like they are some time and some time they are not - still there

7. 2 updates ago i played as webber and caves/ruins spider were hostile to me! This is why i didn't played as him. ALSO i think spiders should come out of their dens when webber step on webbing. How else should i befriend cave/ruins spiders? Webbers main perk is befriending spiders and if i can't befriend spiders then im just normal character with low sanity and spider hat. - didn't test this yet but probably still there

8. You overlooked that there is no number 4 .) - you still did .)

9. Since this update server that im playing on had always 65-67 ping for me. With this last update it is showing number around 5000 although technically that ping is the same - still happening (server: Frogland)

10. Tiny bug: when i pick up someone else backpack some items with durability doesn't have that number on them and also icon of that item is little weird. When i pick that item from slot and put them back that durability number appears and icon is normal again.

11. Little off topic. JUST saying! I was talking to one guy that is godmoding the sh1t out of drops and he said that the cap is 8 drops. Well i play a lot and getting 4 drops per week. Ehm so don't be surprised that people are doing this and not playing normally. I know that you are still tuning this so im letting you know  :-) - i get my 4th drop 2-3days ago (wednesday morning now) and after that nothing

12. That wormhole bug that is still in DST (freezes whole game and i need to shutdown whole PC) is also happening for big tentacle holes. Also isnt that "superfreeze" of my PC (im on Mac and other than mayor updates i never restarted it in 3 years and never did forced shutdown) because there is no "error window"? I think that it is not normal that DST freeze so much that i cant do anything but force shutdown. - this is killing me

EDIT:

13. Meteors! YAY i forget about this and you know why? Because there are NONE! Server is at day around 1000 - mega base in overworld/caves but we have only 7 moonrocks  :grin: I used construction amulet (green gem!) to make 4 moonrock walls. I remember when you add this feature it was constant meteors and people were not happy but you take it down from 100% to 1%. So i went to that biome where meteors fall and stayed there for couple days and after 3-4 days meteors start to fall (woohoo moonrocks) but it brings only 1x rock and 1x flint = 2 rocks :grin: Plz look at this

14. Guardian: remember in normal DS there were 3 caves/Guardians? So we could build 3x Shootius? Well now we have xyz more players in world and only one Guardian and it is easier to kill than spider queen. You need to make him raid boss like you did with dragonfly. While we wait for DF to respawn we could go down to caves to raid that big guy

15. Krampus sack: Our problem is that after one game year we all get krampus sacks and everyone is wearing it. After lets say day 500 im sure everyone has one and they look all the same :grin: so we never know which is which. Adding backpack skins is cool but that is only for first year or so and after that everyone has same backpack again (piggy, hybernation, krampus) so please consider some skins or something for sacks?

16. Where are mandrakes? Is there in every world as default only pan flute next to Gloomer statue and no wild mandrakes? Why are they gone?

17. Not enough slurpels in ruins IMO

16. I hope future updates/TTA bring more stuff to do/make for later game because we get there really fast and after 1-2 game years everything is gone/dead/harvested and also all clothes (maybe except gloves) are for first couple days until we start wearing armor so i hope there are skins for other items we can make (FOR ENDGAME) as hybernation vests, TAMs (somehow), canes, helmets and weapons because at the end everyone looks the same again - TAM, Krampus sack, walking cane, eyebrella, hybernation/puffy vest, shadow sword/armor

Newest log:

log.txt

When trying to generate a server, clicking a text field such as the one for passwords doesn't give me access to it. I click it and it immediately disengages. I can overcome this by holding down the click which opens it as long as it's held down. Sometimes I can gain access by switching screens, like going to customization options then back to server settings. 

12. Could you describe this bug more? I never heard of that one.

14. WIthout glitchs that guy is very hard, 2 shots in a row deals 200 damage at once with 10k health. And now it seems to have more increased attack range, which makes it unavailable to use campfires for glitching. I really don't know how it could be beaten easier than spider queen. She gives her hat after 10s with Wolfgang and shadow blade, but the guardian doesn't.

15. Interesting. How?

12. That wormhole bug that is still in DST (freezes whole game and i need to shutdown whole PC) is also happening for big tentacle holes. Also isnt that "superfreeze" of my PC (im on Mac and other than mayor updates i never restarted it in 3 years and never did forced shutdown) because there is no "error window"? I think that it is not normal that DST freeze so much that i cant do anything but force shutdown. - this is killing me

14. Guardian: remember in normal DS there were 3 caves/Guardians? So we could build 3x Shootius? Well now we have xyz more players in world and only one Guardian and it is easier to kill than spider queen. You need to make him raid boss like you did with dragonfly. While we wait for DF to respawn we could go down to caves to raid that big guy

15. Krampus sack: Our problem is that after one game year we all get krampus sacks and everyone is wearing it. After lets say day 500 im sure everyone has one and they look all the same :grin: so we never know which is which. Adding backpack skins is cool but that is only for first year or so and after that everyone has same backpack again (piggy, hybernation, krampus) so please consider some skins or something for sacks?

Newest log:

attachicon.giflog.txt

This server intention is obviously useless. There are not too many dst servers, and often you end up playing on heavily-modded client servers just because there's no better choice. If you really want to push this thing in, just give us "I dont give a duck, just let me see full server list" option.

12. Could you describe this bug more? I never heard of that one.

14. WIthout glitchs that guy is very hard, 2 shots in a row deals 200 damage at once with 10k health. And now it seems to have more increased attack range, which makes it unavailable to use campfires for glitching. I really don't know how it could be beaten easier than spider queen. She gives her hat after 10s with Wolfgang and shadow blade, but the guardian doesn't.

15. Interesting. How?

12. When you travel trough wormholes/tentacleholes you jump in = 2sec black screen = you jump out. BUT sometimes you jump in and you are stuck on black screen and nothing works only "hold shutdown button" to force shutdown my Macbook. It happend 2x for tentacle hole and at least 7-8x with wormhole = this is around 10x force shutdown which is 9x more i did in 3-4 years on Mac :D

14. We went there 3 of us with some armor/helmet and hambats or shadow swords (i dont remember now exactly), start killing him from 3 sides and after 1min he was dead. I don't even know if someone lost their armor/helmet but i didnt. This VS me alone killing spider queen was much easier to do :D

15. How what? Getting Krampus sack? Kill bunch of color birds + every full moon Gloomer and kill spawned Krampus = Krampus sack ... and if not then repeat until you have more sacks than slots in server .)

14. We went there 3 of us with some armor/helmet and hambats or shadow swords (i dont remember now exactly), start killing him from 3 sides and after 1min he was dead. I don't even know if someone lost their armor/helmet but i didnt. This VS me alone killing spider queen was much easier to do :grin:

When? A patch or two ago they buffed him by quadrupling his health. 

Archived