Caves Beta - November 10th Update

When? A patch or two ago they buffed him by quadrupling his health.

Ham bat deals 60dmg x 3 people so everyone needs to hit him 56x

Dark sword deals 68dmg x 3 people = 49x

Also it was 2x Wigfried and 1x Wolfgang so it is even smaller number

Spider queen has 2500 hp in DST and you need 42x hambat or 37x dark sword + of course you need to deal with lot of spiders she is spawning

Ham bat deals 60dmg x 3 people so everyone needs to hit him 56x

Dark sword deals 68dmg x 3 people = 49x

Also it was 2x Wigfried and 1x Wolfgang so it is even smaller number

Spider queen has 2500 hp in DST and you need 42x hambat or 37x dark sword + of course you need to deal with lot of spiders she is spawning

Ok? I just asked when you fought it.

15. How what? Getting Krampus sack? Kill bunch of color birds + every full moon Gloomer and kill spawned Krampus = Krampus sack ... and if not then repeat until you have more sacks than slots in server .)

One game year and everyone got their sack? Just by killing Gloomer and birds?

Um interesting. Personally I don't think this is something that can happen repeatedly in most games.

The last sack I got 2 weeks ago I spent 96 boomrangs + another 4 birds of the world farming color birds for it.

I am gona try to get krampu sack by farming bunnyman next time. I have an idea on how it may work.

14. WIthout glitchs that guy is very hard, 2 shots in a row deals 200 damage at once with 10k health. And now it seems to have more increased attack range, which makes it unavailable to use campfires for glitching. I really don't know how it could be beaten easier than spider queen. She gives her hat after 10s with Wolfgang and shadow blade, but the guardian doesn't.

If you could befriend some rock lobsters then may be it can be beaten easier than spider queen.

Otherwise It took me 3 football helmet, some jerky and darksword to kill it alone. I will say it is still easier to tank than DF. (Play as wolfgang)

Finding and solving the Labyrinth does take some time thou. This is the part where most of the supply are wasted.

Hi @V2C,

Build: 155931 155954

Changes:

• Added a new “server intention” filter to server listings.

can you just explain more about server intention please?

I try to understand how works this new filter

because i see server wilderness,endless,survival with mods or not,with pvp or not, with default or custom world in all playstyle (social,cooperative,competitive,madness), I mean any type of servers or settings are in every playstyle

I would just like to know how are defined filtering rules, how it's works,and if a admin of servers can choose or switch from one playstyle to another?

thx you for your help

Hmm. Interesting. Finding and routing the Labyrinth doesn't take much time but the guardian is a problem in my case (It strikes one time more after successful rush). You could guess where the Labyrinth lies by just scouting ruin biome sets within 2-3 days after you establish a camp near ruin and you could avoid those hanging spiders by bypassing them. Rock lobsters... too slow and not good for bypassing spidees.

If you could befriend some rock lobsters then may be it can be beaten easier than spider queen.

Otherwise It took me 3 football helmet, some jerky and darksword to kill it alone. I will say it is still easier to tank than DF. (Play as wolfgang)

Finding and solving the Labyrinth does take some time thou. This is the part where most of the supply are wasted.

Hi @V2C,

can you just explain more about server intention please?

I try to understand how works this new filter

because i see server wilderness,endless,survival with mods or not,with pvp or not, with default or custom world in all playstyle (social,cooperative,competitive,madness), I mean any type of servers or settings are in every playstyle

I would just like to know how are defined filtering rules, how it's works,and if a admin of servers can choose or switch from one playstyle to another?

thx you for your help

When you create a server now, you're forced to choose which playstyle the server is meant for. Just because player interaction is enabled doesn't necessarily mean that the server is meant to be a FFA, grief-friendly bloodbath, and by having the hosts explicitly state the intention of the server, this will clear up a lot of confusion. 

When you create a server now, you're forced to choose which playstyle the server is meant for. Just because player interaction is enabled doesn't necessarily mean that the server is meant to be a FFA, grief-friendly bloodbath, and by having the hosts explicitly state the intention of the server, this will clear up a lot of confusion.

I think his main question was. How does one go about with setting a playstyle for a dedicated server.

What exactly do we need to put in the settings.ini to associate our servers with a certain playstyle.

I think his main question was. How does one go about with setting a playstyle for a dedicated server.

What exactly do we need to put in the settings.ini to associate our servers with a certain playstyle.

You put "server_intention = cooperative/madness" etc. under network in both the caves, and overworld setttings.ini.

Also the search box to search for a server is really buggy since this past update. 

You put "server_intention = cooperative/madness" etc. under network in both the caves, and overworld setttings.ini.

Also the search box to search for a server is really buggy since this past update. 

Hold on a sec... So if we want to change the intention

server_intention=cooperative

makes it cooperative? Well so how it works if you dont add this line into the settings.ini folder? Assigns intention tags to the servers randomly?

Something is not right with Character Select Screen (e.g. CSS), when I join server and send message, CSS chat shows blank messages to people already on server. Additionally when Enter is pressed to send the CSS chat message, Steam profile of first person in server list is pulled up for no reason.

It also appears that server crash frequency increased, I will try to provide more crash logs in future

Hold on a sec... So if we want to change the intention

makes it cooperative? Well so how it works if you dont add this line into the settings.ini folder? Assigns intention tags to the servers randomly?

It may be random, but I think if you don't put this line into settings.ini then it defaults your server to cooperative. Not 100% sure though.

It may be random, but I think if you don't put this line into settings.ini then it defaults your server to cooperative. Not 100% sure though.

My educated guess is that if option is not present, algorithm interprets server type/worldgen as server_intent:

endless - creative

survival - coop

wilderness - pvp(?)

custom server type + crazy worldgen - madness(?)

*shrug*

My educated guess is that if option is not present, algorithm interprets server type/worldgen as server_intent:

endless - creative

survival - coop

wilderness - pvp(?)

custom server type + crazy worldgen - madness(?)

*shrug*

Yeah seems like you are right. From my testing endless defaulted to social, survival to cooperative, wilderness to competitive. I wasn't able to default to madness though. I made a world with pretty much everything set to lots, and it still didn't set to madness.

• Developer

Yea, for dedicated servers, add the server intention under network:

[Network]

It can be one of: social, cooperative, competitive, or madness

It auto selects one if it's missing, but that is mainly to ease the transition for existing dedicated servers. We definitely recommend setting it yourself instead.

Not sure if this explains it, but if you search for a specific server, it will show results gathered from all servers, ignoring the server intention filter.

• Developer

Hey all! I'd just like to mention one thing about the server intentions: Which is that I don't want to mention too much about them. Because not every DST player visits the forums, we want to make sure this feature is working as desired without any external explanation so I'm not going to describe it at all (except of course technical things like the .ini setting @V2C mentioned). That said, we do definitely want to know what you think of it, so please keep giving your feedback as we develop it, and don't think I'm ignoring you just because I'm not replying. :)

@V2C, is there a way to reduce the amount of lag you get when your world is 200+ days? I'm running on a Core i7 2600k running at 4.3GHz with Master/Shard ded server running on separate cores along with the game running on a separate core as well. all my cores are unlocked.

I get lag specifically around Tooth Traps and around camp when I have a large amount of resources in it.

Next time this happens, would you mind bringing up the debug overlay (backspace) and taking a screenshot so we can see where the time is getting spent? I'll look into the tooth traps in any case and make sure there's not something terrible happening there...

Im reposting edited post from thread before 

1. still have that graphics glitch in menu, loading screen and when scrolling POV far away in game - to clouds. It is here since beginning and it is getting ridiculous  :(  - still there :(

12. That wormhole bug that is still in DST (freezes whole game and i need to shutdown whole PC) is also happening for big tentacle holes. Also isnt that "superfreeze" of my PC (im on Mac and other than mayor updates i never restarted it in 3 years and never did forced shutdown) because there is no "error window"? I think that it is not normal that DST freeze so much that i cant do anything but force shutdown. - this is killing me

Thanks for reporting all these! I've logged them all. Just want to reply to a few:

1) Can you post a screenshot or a link of this happening? I must have missed your original post...

12) This one is really weird. Next time it happens, can you note exactly which part of the process it happens in? (i.e. right when Wilson jumps in, after the screen goes black, etc.)

When trying to generate a server, clicking a text field such as the one for passwords doesn't give me access to it. I click it and it immediately disengages. I can overcome this by holding down the click which opens it as long as it's held down. Sometimes I can gain access by switching screens, like going to customization options then back to server settings. 

So after you visit some particular other screen and come back, you can select it normally without having to hold down the mouse? Is a controller enabled?

Is it just me or does the boomerang now just drop to the ground instead of dealing damage, when not caught?

Strange, we'll look in to this.

I'll second Tiax's comment about the boomerang, and note that I think it's pretty old.  Wish I'd thought to note it when it happened.

Regarding the Server Intentions you're trying not to talk about:  I'm not sure but I think the Social and Cooperative settings will probably attract trolls and griefers.  If I was a griefer I surely wouldn't go to the Competitive or Madness worlds, griefing people who can fight back via PvP wouldn't be high on my list of desirable things, and griefing other trolls and griefers is pointless -- the reason to grief in the first place is to piss off someone who wasn't expecting it, if they don't get angry it's pointless.

I'm not sure it's a long enough time yet to support my theory with evidence, but I have seen griefing reports on my server post-intentions, as I had before, but I feel it's still too early to tell if that is meaningful or if it was just a random spike of probability of course.  I shall continue my general policy of "I ban for sexism/racism/homophobia/religious-bigotry, and I might kick you if you're rude or burning down bases."

Regardless of that, not requiring you to filter on intentions would be nice.

Archived