Don't Stop, Make It Pop (inhumanrobot's fanart thread)

Is that big flowery robot from Laputa or am I just massively missing the reference here?

Oddly enough, eventhough all of these pieces admittedly make me jealous of your capabilities, the portrait of survivor WX78 is the best of the batch in my opinion. The watercolour effect really goes well with the shadows and worn down look.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Is that big flowery robot from Laputa or am I just massively missing the reference here?

Oddly enough, eventhough all of these pieces admittedly make me jealous of your capabilities, the portrait of survivor WX78 is the best of the batch in my opinion. The watercolour effect really goes well with the shadows and worn down look.

That's Bastion from Overwatch, but the skin is basically one big shout-out to Laputa so you're not completely wrong.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, minespatch said:

Is that the robotic Wendy on the first one?

Impressed with the last one. Not sure which parts you do with which.

No, that's actually Clockwork WX, an old concept sketch for WX that was revealed a year and a half ago when Klei was first introducing the idea of skins for DST. Here's a picture form the wiki.

15 hours ago, Starthefox said:

Your art makes me inspired, laugh, and cry. 10/10

it is really hard to make me laugh ok

It also makes me want to go to art school or smth.

Question, are you self taught or did you take classes?

Both! I've taken classes but also I've looked up resources on my own. If you're interested in what I like to use online, I've got a couple things I can recommend you!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, inhumanrobot said:

Both! I've taken classes but also I've looked up resources on my own. If you're interested in what I like to use online, I've got a couple things I can recommend you!

That would be great. You could just drop them on the thread so everybody else knows too.

Not really a request but an idea, short haired WX Woodie mid-way between transforming would look cool in your artstyle IMO.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2017 at 11:08 AM, Arlesienne said:

Finally caught up. Gorgeous art.

Thank you!

On 12/24/2016 at 11:00 AM, Starthefox said:

That would be great. You could just drop them on the thread so everybody else knows too.

Not really a request but an idea, short haired WX Woodie mid-way between transforming would look cool in your artstyle IMO.

Here's a couple links:

This youtube channel has videos for life drawing (NSFW) and drawing tutorials on how to approach a model!

This youtube channel has videos and tutorials by a disney animator!

This blog is by a disney story editor and includes a TON of relevant information for drawing!

• Like 5

Been awhile, here's some stuff!

Shipping requests I got in January:

chillcoalmwah.png

twigsnsprocketshug.png

lucynwoodie.pngcharllow.png

machinationsalmostkiss.png

There was a self-insert meme going around for puppet masters:

thronedform.png

Some nonsense and birthday wishes to @CameoAppearance

basicallycannon.png

hapbirfcam.png

And a crossover with Turing from 2064: Read Only Memories (which I'll be doing more of probably):

chompcrunch.png

Edited by inhumanrobot
  • Like 7