Fireside Chats (with a video game designer) - February 24, 2015 - Roadmap Updates, RoG and PAX

I didn't see anywhere that they have fixed the rubber banding bug...

Does this mean it's still there?

If you have Movement Prediction enabled, it will still happen if you have 200+ ping.

Try running ThePlayer:EnableMovementPrediction(false) in the console.

I think from what I heard, that they're giving RoG owners the ability to make RoG worlds, and the ability to choose of Wigfrid and Webber as a character. 

Like Rezecib said it's something extra other than being able to play as Wigfird and Webber or host RoG.

Ok, someone give this guy a medal. We want an exclusive emote! (or at least just me :razz: :razz: :razz:)

Haha thanks! What kind of emote tho?..hmm. Perhaps a taught so we can be like "nana nana bobo!" at the new giants!

Or maybe Seth will personally hand-carve and mail a potato cup to each and every RoG owner

This would be interesting...and that would take a lot of potatoes o.o

I'm thinking some skins for Wigfrid/Webber.

Ohhh that would be cool. Maybe a Wigfrid wearing viking chain-mail and a cave spider webber!

So a thing with the new Willow update. Now I approve with everything, she needed to rebalanced honestly. But something that kinda bugs me is that her lighter can easily go to other players. Now I'm not against that. Keep in the game, no worries. But I can't help but feel it makes Willow a little less special if everyone has her lighter. So maybe there could be something like, if a character besides Willow is holding the lighter, it lasts half as long as if she were. But well you know >_>
It's just one of those things that bugged me a little.
If anyone can make a mod that does that. I would forever be grateful, and I would have it permanently installed.

My seat by the fire is so warm and cozy ^_^

Edit: I wish I'd managed to get a ticket for PAX East... But I can at least confirm that Peter's new game modes are fun!  :wilson_goodjob:

Interested to see how the character skins will turn out. Dryicefox did those recolors of all of the characters, which would be one way it could go. But a lot of the time most of the character (except the face) is covered up, so how would that be handled to distinguish between skins? Unless... it's literally... skin. Like Wilson with purple skin... yeahhh... Did not see the sneaky Wilson!

I'll update them and get rid of the current ones.

I did a dumb thing, so it went wrong.

progress! It shouldn’t be long now before the first DST players get access to all of Reign of Giants: we’ll probably do a limited roll out to suss out some bugs before the full release, much as we did with dedicated servers.

I have 2 questions:

1.What's mean :"the first DST players get access to all of Reign of Giants"? Must be requre a testing key? or other conditions?

2."much as we did with dedicated servers."? Must build a dedicated server to run  RoG Server? or RoG dedicated server will be release later? Do we just run RoG by DST Client?

Thanks.

@Atena, It will probably be a beta branch that you can opt into, and they'll be giving the code to certain people. They said "much as we did with dedicated servers" because they also gave them out to a few people before releasing them overall. RoG will work on both dedicated servers and normal client-based servers.

The whole point of the character Willow is her eternal lighter and being excluded from fire damage. The game will be a lot less fun to play with for me if you choose to change that! I really don't get why you would, if you don't like the dangers arising from Willow's fire obsession you can just choose another character to play with.

DON'T CHANGE WILLOW PLEASE

Also: it might be a nice addition if we could save our own world ''presets'' and didn't have to set the amount of things and rules in the world every time we start a new game...

• Developer

The whole point of the character Willow is her eternal lighter and being excluded from fire damage. The game will be a lot less fun to play with for me if you choose to change that! I really don't get why you would, if you don't like the dangers arising from Willow's fire obsession you can just choose another character to play with.

DON'T CHANGE WILLOW PLEASE

Also: it might be a nice addition if we could save our own world ''presets'' and didn't have to set the amount of things and rules in the world every time we start a new game...

Willow was changed because of griefers, we all love Willow but all the griefing that is/was being made with her was getting annoying for some people, it's not a good change, but it's for the best. Trust me.

Willow was changed because of griefers, we all love Willow but all the griefing that is/was being made with her was getting annoying for some people, it's not a good change, but it's for the best. Trust me.

Well it seems like it's just punishing everyone for something only some people do... why not implement a system where you can make worlds where Willow isn't available as a character?

• Developer

Well it seems like it's just punishing everyone for something only some people do... why not implement a system where you can make worlds where Willow isn't available as a character?

Or a world where Willow is nerfed like that?

Dude, that's actually a good idea!

Archived