Fireside Chats (with a video game designer) - February 24, 2015 - Roadmap Updates, RoG and PAX

Well it seems like it's just punishing everyone for something only some people do... why not implement a system where you can make worlds where Willow isn't available as a character?

If theres a mod for it (like removing certain default characters).. Lol.

On Topic: So wait, when the RoG is ready for testing, much like Beta for DST, we have to register at a certain site to be able to 'test' it when the keys are distributed?

On balance

I'll make this quick: Wes should at least have his attack bumped up to normal damage, and reduce the hunger consumption; alternatively, just make his balloon animals more distracting towards mobs and sanity penalty for creating one be reduced...

So it's either the character stat adjustment or the perk re-balance.

That should appease most people I guess... I know I would because I loved playing him in RoG, the balloons were nice but they didn't do their job as often as possible so they ended up just as decoration...

Also, I would love to see the 5000 balloons popping around a Deerclops and killing it... (will be hell for the server but a pretty awesome sight none the less)

How about if the balloons were a distraction for hounds upon hound attacks? So that the hounds would attack Wes' balloons instead of players until all the balloons within a certain range are popped.

And hounds DO attack balloons when they retarget, like when they go attack beefalo because they were closer than the player.

I think what @XirmiX, means is that instead of INITIALLY targeting the players, the hounds would shift their priorities to targeting the BALLOONS first...

I think this could be done in the game right now though if you have a BUSH HAT... just blow some balloons around and before they come, hide...

O__O 

Archived