"Wes is a mime, and will stay that way." Said on one of the streams, in other words, he will just not talk.

I kinda think thats a bad idea, as it just puts people off from playing him. Just make his text between asterisk as his miming animation plays it'll be like he's signing.

If there are gestures implemented, other characters will have to be in the same frame w/ Wes to see them right? 

I think if they do make communication a thing for Wes it'd have to be the asterisk. 

Otherwise, I think I like Wes as being the character that he is and not talking. It'd be like, the silent one of the bunch. He is either a favorite or not played as is, and only people who would appreciate him would play him and I think get their fully moneys worth out of him remaining silent.

I thought they said that was only if you didn't have Don't Starve installed already...? 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they said that those without the game would only get a few characters from the basic roster available to them, while the rest of us get the entirety of the basic roster available. Which ones those were, I've completely forgotten... but I'm guessing those they used for the demo at PAX?

Checking the last couple of streams, they said we had to re-unlock your characters for DST.

Now they also decided the ghost mechanic was wrong and ditched that for resurrecting with a group health hit mode added so we'll see as they change things and/or add additional options.

Players without the DS game however still get only one or two characters though. 

Checking the last couple of streams, they said we had to re-unlock your characters for DST.

Now they also decided the ghost mechanic was wrong and ditched that for resurrecting with a group health hit mode added so we'll see as they change things and/or add additional options.

Players without the DS game however still get only one or two characters though. 

I hope you can choose Ghost Resurrection or Group Penalty because those Ghosts were freakin' cute. :( 

*throws hat onto the ground*

Wilson. Wilson everywhere.

I hope you can choose Ghost Resurrection or Group Penalty because those Ghosts were freakin' cute. :(

I agree, griefing is going to be common from the amount of trolling (or bullying, depends on how you look at it) are going to be common.

Example: This example is going to be seen commonly in DST due to how common it is now-a-days.

A Brony server is going on. Everyone just started and a new guy who played for a while and unlocked all the characters decides to kill everyone and spam them with "Messenger Gobblers" and pig attacks. The same guy goes around doing that and all them die so much, they use up all the touchstones they've found and are still in the stage where meat effigies aren't accessible due to their gear and tools currently. The troll kills all of them and the server ends. The griefer wins.

i was thinking that, Wes can turn around and his face would turn into the character he examined face.

ex. Wes inspects Wilson, turns around, head turns into wilson's, than turns around again, normal wes face.

yea, that's a terrible idea.... shoot it down all you like folks!

I've been thinking about this as well, how would Wes communicate?

Wes is a mime, so I think it'd be best if he stayed silent, although maybe he could sign simple things.

A talking Wes just doesn't seem right and as we all know, Wes is for gamers who want a harder game, and lemme tell y'all, not being able to talk is definitely harder.

I think there are many Wes fans out there who would not appreciate a talking Wes. And for the ones that do want to play Wes, but still communicate, there could be a toggle option, or maybe a mod, for that. Or just use Skype.

There is very simple idea. When Wes is supposed to say something, he will do his typical pantomime bt the text will appear.

Just think about all those cartoon characters that say only one word and everybody else understands them. It could work here like that as well. For ex. Wes meets Wilson and wants to ask for some food. After typing message Wilson will see Wes pulling invisible rope and text above him like: "Could you share some food?". Simple, isn't it?

However to make things harder for him everything he says would act like whispering (which means everything he says is only visible to players on screen). Who would see his pantomime on the other end of the world anyway?

Archived