Upcoming gameplay changes

• Developer

Hey guys,

We push new builds every two weeks, usually on Tuesdays. Our internal deadlines for changes for a particular build are a week before its go-live date. We just pushed a new build for you guys today, so the next build is scheduled for Oct. 2nd.

I just got back from a vacation yesterday, so I only have one week to work on this new build. We have some really cool... er... megafauna that I'll be hooking up for you Soon, but their assets are not quite ready, and I'll need more than a week to get them working correctly. In the meantime, I've decided to address a bunch of small gameplay issues that I've let pile up.

Here are the things that I'm currently looking into:

Behaviour changes:

[*] You should be able to hold mouse to harvest resources (by popular demand!)

[*] Tentacles should not be immortal.

[*] The tent should let you change player characters on-the-fly instead of regaining health.

[*] Stumps should be removable with the shovel.

[*] Pigs will [redacted] when you [redacted] to them. Watch out!

Tuning:

[*] Pig bribes should time out.

[*] You shouldn't get egg sacks from killing low-level spider dens.

[*] Traps are too expensive for what they do, and it's a bit too easy to kill rabbits without them.

New items:

[*] Crow traps

[*] More expensive, but more durable versions of the tools

[*] The first dedicated weapon object (it's pointy!)

[*] A consumable bedroll item to let you skip nights

[*] Yummy pumpkins!

Please note - this is just my working list. Not all of these things will neccessarily get done in time for the build, and I may change my mind about some of them. Plans are certainly subject to change :)

PS: Megafauna! It's going to be awesome!

You should be able to hold mouse to harvest resources (by popular demand!)

This is a must. As of 66529, if you clickytyclick like a mad man (faster than the animation), you'll consume more percentage of the tool than click-wait-click-wait. Percentage should decay when the animation finishes, not when it starts.

Tentacles should not be immortal.

It's PAYBACK TIME! Spiketacles, here I cooooome!

The tent should let you change player characters on-the-fly instead of regaining health.

The tent will what the what when you what now?May I suggest fixing the "false attack" exploit? That's when you click attack on something and your entourage goes berserk on it, but you back off before actually hitting anything, so you don't get attacked. It's so unfair for the poor piggys. Edited by Excess
             M E GA F A U N A !

May I suggest fixing the "false attack" exploit? That's when you click attack on something and your entourage goes berserk on it, but you back off before actually hitting anything, so you don't get attacked. It's so unfair for the poor piggys.

Its not an exploit, its a feature!Click spiderWilson:"Go for the eyes, [my pig army]!"Pigs follow the order.

• Developer

Well, I got most of it done for the deadline. Crow traps, pig re-meating, and that other pig thing will have to wait for later.You should see all of this stuff after we do some stability testing. It'll be live early next week.

I only started playing yesterday but i'm really looking forward to seeing these new additions to the game, this first update for me arrives as a 5-day early birthday present.Cant wait :)

Well 2 days after your birthday you should get another present if they decide to put it in the megafauna :o but i do hope they put it in this updtate but you can't blame them if they don't have time for it :).

Well 2 days after your birthday you should get another present if they decide to put it in the megafauna :o but i do hope they put it in this updtate but you can't blame them if they don't have time for it :).

A little crow told me he saw big animals migrating this way, but that they were slooooooow, so they'll probably take another week to arrive.

The wood armor is actually close to op in my opinion because it's really easy to kite.

Perhaps armour will slow your movement speed, making you pick between kiting with no armour or fighting head-on with armourPeople who have learnt to kite well will have no need for the armours, but if you're less skilled in kiting, armour becomes more necessary Edited by Witch Doctor