Klei Forums Rpg style game

TRENTOMINOUS

Hey you guys just so you know if you're making overworld sprites you need them to be facing all directions, as well as ones for when they're moving

emmych_sprite_taller.gif[source]

Battle sprites you can get away with doing a static image but overworld sprites need to be able to move

That would be epic, But would take forever..

Its kind of crucial for an rpg...

I've actually made a couple of small games before, and really getting stuff like this together is important, as most of the game will be moving around

Hey you guys just so you know if you're making overworld sprites you need them to be facing all directions, as well as ones for when they're moving

emmych_sprite_taller.gif[source]

Battle sprites you can get away with doing a static image but overworld sprites need to be able to move

H-Help me Maximum.

crying-waterfalls.gif

H-Help me Maximum.

crying-waterfalls.gif

Ill tell you a secret, you don't actually have to fill out an entire sprite sheet like that (especially since that one has both male and female sprites)

Its actually more like this

tumblr_n6t9gmK3DG1r5z40vo1_100.png

And even then you just have to flip the sideways facing row so its just this

tumblr_n6t9gmK3DG1r5z40vo2_100.png

Its more intimidating then it actually is

tumblr_inline_n6pt4cXGGU1r27943.gif

I did this in like an hour

I found the ending song.

I want the game to have as much of a strong message/theme as Super Paper Mario.

Listen to the song while reading this:

This was one hell of a story. An angry prince turned evil because tradition "murdered" his beloved. Driven mad by grief and hatred tried to consume the world in wrath but was stopped by the sudden return of his beloved. With the help of Mario and the true antagonist of the game, the two lovers within forbidden bonds were reunited and ultimately possessed the purest form of love. The kind of love that not even the great hero Mario had for his Princess or Brother that would be strong enough to shut out the powers of pure hatred and wrath.

The game makes you think a lot, and, if you have a heart, jerk at your feelings making you tear up or choke.

Title Screen => Menu => New Game

Introduction: *Screen fades* *Music Begins*

You broke your foot, now you have to spend the entire summer inside your house. What will you do?

>Open computer, search for something interesting.

You open your computer, and begin to surf. You come across a video about an interesting game. Are you going to check it out?

>Check out the video, watch the entirety.

You decide to go to the game website. Are you going to buy the game?

>Buy the game, play immediately.

You play the game, and you think it's pretty amazing. You find a forum button on the menu screen. Will you press it?

>Press forum button, go to the forum website.

You find yourself in the forums website. You want to share your experiences and suggestions for the game. Create new account?

>Enter: *Name? *Gender? *Age? *Hobbies? *Personality?

You created your account. Now you're ready. Begin the adventure?
>Adventure? What adventure? I don't know what you're talking abo-

*Screen appears*

"Hey! Welcome to the forums!"

[RPG Begins]

Just in case you don't understand the broken foot thing, click on my profile for my story.

The thing above this post is my take on the introduction of the RPG. It's highly personal, and it more or less sets up a narrative. I hope the writers can improve on my writing and whatnot.

Title Screen => Menu => New Game

Introduction: *Screen fades* *Music Begins*

You broke your foot, now you have to spend the entire summer inside your house. What will you do?

>Open computer, search for something interesting.

You open your computer, and begin to surf. You come across a video about an interesting game. Are you going to check it out?

>Check out the video, watch the entirety.

You decide to go to the game website. Are you going to buy the game?

>Buy the game, play immediately.

You play the game, and you think it's pretty amazing. You find a forum button on the menu screen. Will you press it?

>Press forum button, go to the forum website.

You find yourself in the forums website. You want to share your experiences and suggestions for the game. Create new account?

>Enter: *Name? *Gender? *Age? *Hobbies? *Personality?

You created your account. Now you're ready. Begin the adventure?
>Adventure? What adventure? I don't know what you're talking abo-

*Screen appears*

"Hey! Welcome to the forums!"

[RPG Begins]

is the part i underlined a pokemon reference?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB8771F34C47C2852

So here's some music from one of my favorite RPGMaker games called Space Funeral. None of the music was made by him but he's used it in the game with no issues. I like a lot of the songs (except Spleen, because it's not really a song, and it makes my skin crawl) but the rest I have on my Ipod.

If the pixel bases Maximum posted are free to use I don't mind using those to make character sprites.
Just don't pressure me to get on them constantly because I'll stop doing them .-.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/383020

Roundabit ist a song. If we're looking for chiptuny songs, I like this one a bit! And it's, uh, made by the person who inspired me to do flash thingies XD

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

-

So, yeah. Newgrounds is a good place to search for songs you can LEGALLY USE with FREE DOWNLOADS. Hooray for creative commons!

I like it

Archived