Why Wigfrid is not a true warrior?

I don't really see why a warrior mindset has to condemn ranged weapons. They're pretty dang useful if you want to kill things!

Also bipolar syndrome isn't what you think it is, as far as I can tell.

I was just wondering what kind of weapons real Vikings actually used and I found this:

http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/what-kind-of-weapons

Just for those who don't feel like reading it, here's the interesting part:

Vikings also used wooden bows made of yew that were longer than axes and similar to English longbows. The bows had a draw weight of 90 pounds (40 kilograms) of force and could shoot arrows 1,600 feet (480 meters). A sling was a more affordable missile weapon, and was made of a leather pouch attached to 39-inch (1-meter) long strings. Slings could hurl stones up to 1,300 feet (400 meters) to break enemies’ bones. The Vikings also used lighter throwing spears or javelins, usually when enemies were within 20 to 40 paces.

I guess Vikings did use ranged weapons after all!

Then Wigfrid is bipolar.

Wha? you were the one saying ranged weapons are for wussies, not Wigfrid. I think that you have in mind something more along the lines of knights or samurai, with an honor and chivalry system. Wigfrid is acting as a Nordic warrior Valkyrie. Many military forces used ranged weapons without thinking then cowardly, Vikings included. No sir, you have misunderstood the character and are just building a tower of balony on a structural base of Glommer Gloop.

she can use ranged wepon because it fun. i not care, true warrior. what that? she not have full courage, she a videogame person. if i don't click the button, she not move. she just stay there. no move. bad. bad. even if she want completely balance, she can't have. even i don't have completely balance after year and year of therapy. i just want sit in pijama play game on computer and have good time. if i split hair i gonna have a bad time. this is just cheap video game. i split hair too much hegel hair in college. if i start losing hair because this at 26, girls not like bald. bad. bad.

she can use ranged wepon because it fun. i not care, true warrior. what that? she not have full courage, she a videogame person. if i don't click the button, she not move. she just stay there. no move. bad. bad. even if she want completely balance, she can't have. even i don't have completely balance after year and year of therapy. i just want sit in pijama play game on computer and have good time. if i split hair i gonna have a bad time. this is just cheap video game. i split hair too much hegel hair in college. if i start losing hair because this at 26, girls not like bald. bad. bad.

Ummmmmm... Just me right?

She IS bipolar (Wigfrid and Winnie are the same person.)

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUUUT UPPP!!

:wilson_worried:

-----------------------------

And for the others, "This is not food fit for a warrior" "This is not weapon for a warrior".

You're forgetting that combat in this is not always "battle". It's often "hunting".

I'm no expert, but I highly doubt vikings would fight rabbits, birds and the like with swords.

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUUUT UPPP!!

:wilson_worried:

This is truly turning into an intelligent conversation.

Considering how we have already collected reasonable information as to what weapons Vikings use, I'm not entirely sure how this argument is still alive. Unless you want Wigfrid to somehow be more courageous than Vikings, there really is nothing to argue about as they did use ranged weapons.

There is a very wildly known difference from being courageous and being stupid. Wigfrid knows this difference and thus uses ranged weapons in combat. A possible reason she only eats meat is because meat can be considered a strong food that is eaten by warriors unlike vegetables which take no combat effort to create and can be seen by warriors as inferior to the meat collected from hunting in the wilderness.

This is truly turning into an intelligent conversation.

Considering how we have already collected reasonable information as to what weapons Vikings use, I'm not entirely sure how this argument is still alive. Unless you want Wigfrid to somehow be more courageous than Vikings, there really is nothing to argue about as they did use ranged weapons.

There is a very wildly known difference from being courageous and being stupid. Wigfrid knows this difference and thus uses ranged weapons in combat. A possible reason she only eats meat is because meat can be considered a strong food that is eaten by warriors unlike vegetables which take no combat effort to create and can be seen by warriors as inferior to the meat collected from hunting in the wilderness.

Wigfrid is stupid, she can die for don't eat a berry, why you think she is intelligent?

Wigfrid is stupid, she can die for don't eat a berry, why you think she is intelligent?

Although I never said she was intelligent, I never said she was necessarily dumb either. Most(if not all) of what she says can most likely be attributed to her performance as a Valkyrie. She doesn't eat vegetables because she believes that Vikings never ate vegetables because of their weakness as a food. Many people are willing to die for their beliefs so it is plausible that she would die for the same reason. She would rather die than give up what she believes is her brilliant performance.

ha! my last word, it get like so i give new word so i get more like. marsh room red guy is cool he give me lots of like one day i get so many like i get popular so they make me mod.

when i small have no toys because poor but bigmother told me story. she live half-life at farm near wood like peasant. then she come to city like hipster. when it was the big war, bad, bad, no food she said. they almost die of food. they only have stupid goat and wood. i life all my life going to wood, she say, never have courage to give "good" marsh room to your father. how i know it still good? what if i forget good marsh room or tired and he die? stupid marsh rooms. i told your father, you eat goat, goat is good, i eat marshroom. if die, i die, you live. then she say to me, you never trust food if not from supermarket. you eat cardboard food from supermarket and if you want vitamin you go to doctor he give you all the vitamin in pill with taste of orange. if ever need to survaiv, it not like discovery channel, that only tv. you eat wild meat and not trust plant, especially marsh rooms. you hit animal in head with stick or rock. if it strong and it scream and run away and bite, then it good, you eat. if it weak just sit there and die meat is not good you not eat.

she die and i forget, go to wood, eat berry. it look like supermarket berry. i wash first but eat and die. they have to hospital me with spinning airplane. i have mosquito all over, doctor say take clothes off i say no way you grill doctor. she say no matter and she take look, i have berry all over me, i die right there. they gave me vitamin pill in arm all good now.

one time grillfriend come home she say, surpraiiiis, close eye. i dun close eye and she put berry in my mouth. she say not worry it cardboard from supermarket. next day something inside say, push it out, push it out. i think it blood and go to hospital. she even take day off from job. doctor say, blood? seriously? it just berry. berry good, mind bad. you eat berry you remember bad time. grillfriend say, you no man why you no eat berry like man warrior? i cry and cry and cry but she leave. now when i go to mac donald and met nice grill i say my hand i choose is left, i write my name with it, i have small than average foot and busy job, i am sad because bad times & hard life but happy inside. also cannot eat berry like man warrior but for you i would. they all go away because i am not shine armor.

this is great embarass and sorry for tl;dr but i tell you so now you now

was this troll enough for this thread?

Fighting in the distance is COWARD!

huh? ye don't say! haven't ye played counter-strike before? or something similar? Of course ye can say so while ye are inside  yer comfortable house, but I would like to see, how would ye fight in battlefield? Grab a sword or a spear and run forward? ye would be dead in first five seconds! 

ha! my last word, it get like so i give new word so i get more like. marsh room red guy is cool he give me lots of like one day i get so many like i get popular so they make me mod.

when i small have no toys because poor but bigmother told me story. she live half-life at farm near wood like peasant. then she come to city like hipster. when it was the big war, bad, bad, no food she said. they almost die of food. they only have stupid goat and wood. i life all my life going to wood, she say, never have courage to give "good" marsh room to your father. how i know it still good? what if i forget good marsh room or tired and he die? stupid marsh rooms. i told your father, you eat goat, goat is good, i eat marshroom. if die, i die, you live. then she say to me, you never trust food if not from supermarket. you eat cardboard food from supermarket and if you want vitamin you go to doctor he give you all the vitamin in pill with taste of orange. if ever need to survaiv, it not like discovery channel, that only tv. you eat wild meat and not trust plant, especially marsh rooms. you hit animal in head with stick or rock. if it strong and it scream and run away and bite, then it good, you eat. if it weak just sit there and die meat is not good you not eat.

she die and i forget, go to wood, eat berry. it look like supermarket berry. i wash first but eat and die. they have to hospital me with spinning airplane. i have mosquito all over, doctor say take clothes off i say no way you grill doctor. she say no matter and she take look, i have berry all over me, i die right there. they gave me vitamin pill in arm all good now.

one time grillfriend come home she say, surpraiiiis, close eye. i dun close eye and she put berry in my mouth. she say not worry it cardboard from supermarket. next day something inside say, push it out, push it out. i think it blood and go to hospital. she even take day off from job. doctor say, blood? seriously? it just berry. berry good, mind bad. you eat berry you remember bad time. grillfriend say, you no man why you no eat berry like man warrior? i cry and cry and cry but she leave. now when i go to mac donald and met nice grill i say my hand i choose is left, i write my name with it, i have small than average foot and busy job, i am sad because bad times & hard life but happy inside. also cannot eat berry like man warrior but for you i would. they all go away because i am not shine armor.

this is great embarass and sorry for tl;dr but i tell you so now you now

was this troll enough for this thread?

yer texts are difficult to read  :spidercowers: I think I kinda like it, because it makes ye a bit different :-)

Although I never said she was intelligent, I never said she was necessarily dumb either. Most(if not all) of what she says can most likely be attributed to her performance as a Valkyrie. She doesn't eat vegetables because she believes that Vikings never ate vegetables because of their weakness as a food. Many people are willing to die for their beliefs so it is plausible that she would die for the same reason. She would rather die than give up what she believes is her brilliant performance.

tumblr_n54p2ir7XN1r4q7yco1_400.png

You're telling me the Snipers are strong and brave?

Oh sure, is so brave hide in a bush and shoot.

The true warrior goes to melee, If Wigfrid is so brave for not break her diet of meat and die, she is so brave for die in a fight

Sniping is very dangerous. You could get shot by one and not realize it before you see him/her across you in a building. As for snipers: you can get too focused on the battle that you'll stay scoped in for hours and easily taken out by a soldier from behind. Wigfrid is also an actress who developed too much in her role. Valkyries don't eat plants so she doesn't eat plants.  Also her outfit is to fit the role she's trying to "portray" the role of what the wiki says she is supposed to play and is a reference to:

• In the files, she is referred to as Wathgrithr, which comes from the name of one of the Valkyries, Ráðgríðr (Rathgrithr).
  • According to the character info, she's an actress, not a real valkyrie.[1] This might be a reference to the famous opera cycle by Richard Wagner called The Ring of The Nibelung, also her name Wigfrid is a reference to the same opera cycle's main character Siegfried, but the character is possibly based of the main female character Brynhild who´s a valkyrie.

Archived