Your Worst Moment

Neither, it was a wall of hay, so I thought I could maybe burn my way through. I died instantly. 

I was trying to make a house for the small bird I was looking after, so it would´t die when hounds attacked. You know what this game needs? Gates! Or doors! Or something! 

If only you had been playing Willow...

At least you died for a good cause, and I fully support the idea of gates for animals. If Wilson can make gunpowder and evil magic machines, why not a gate?

Trapped myself by placing walls around me when I didn´t have a hammer.

You can force attack a wall by holding down ''ctrl'' then left clicking on the wall. You would not have salvaged any material as you would have with a hammer, but you could at least have escaped ! See screenshot below. I guess the sadest part is that you can even break a wall with your bare hands! =)

post-356277-0-99616900-1398638811_thumb.

Well, now I gotta repair the wall...

Neither, it was a wall of hay, so I thought I could maybe burn my way through. I died instantly. 

I was trying to make a house for the small bird I was looking after, so it would´t die when hounds attacked. You know what this game needs? Gates! Or doors! Or something! 

XD you didn't know you can attack walls!

Well, have you guys ever got a tiny little island connected only by a wormhole? I had one in my latest maxwell world and was doing perfectly fine, until i tried to find rabbit holes to make the preshatitator. It was summer and the thermal stone wasn't able to hold as much cold as i thought, so i died to overheating.

Then i got revived on a touchstone on the other side of the world, luckily i had left some stuff near it (thermal stone included). I build my pre-crafted endotermic fire and went back to my base. On the middle of the way i started overheating again and just as i was going to jump on the wormhole, i died again. No touchstones this time.

Well I was in a pig village in a birch forest and I needed wood so I chopped down 1 tree. Then the forest came alive and killed me. But that isn't all, I respawned and on my way back it started to rain. While heading back birchnutters followed me and pigs attacked them. Then they chopped down the birchnut treeguard spawning more they killed almost all the pigs. Then I cuts down like 3 more trees and like 15 more birchnut tree guards spawn. I was still trying to recover and then It rained frogs. Oh and there was a hound attack. After nearly dying like 3 more times i head to my base so Charlie wouldn't kill me and I get hit by lightning leaving me with 9 health. Then I went on a birchnut chopping spree and then like 50 more treeguards spawned. In the end nature killed me.With fire. And Frogs. And a really ticked off forest. And finally hunger.

Screw nature!

I was in the cave trying to run far away from giant rabbits I was in the darkness,I used my toch but was at 47%.I tried to make another one,I was looking for my miner hat but my inventory was full ...and my base wasn't far.But some bats appeared and was flying arround me,they attacked me one per one,I couldn't make a fire ... I had 20 logs I tried to burn one but I dropped them all and I lost my torch...I died because the bats didin't wanted to leave me alone an charlie killed me.that was my first ay in the cave ..at 72 days ...

Worst moment...every single time the hounds come. I had to fight a spider queen, then, I was using spiders to try to kill a tree guard. The hat broke, and the spiders killed me. I ran back to get my stuff, whilst being chased by hounds. The tree guard killed the hounds, and I barely escaped. Moral of the story: Don't fool around after spider farming.

In winter I stole a pengulls egg at night and I though would be alright seeing as they were asleep but sure enough in the morning the whole family and extended family of the pengulls came wrecked me, I respawned via touchstone and I tried to kill them off, died again, in the span of 2 days by the same bastards... :( anyway there are some even more stupid ones...

Accidently set fire to my back-pack full of various items with a Staff of Fire... panicked; resulting in a lot of ash.

In the same run - inside a cave; left another back-pack too close to a camp fire. 

Derp

Well for laughs around, here's my worst moment in Don't Starve.

• I decided to start a new game out of boredom and scrolled through the custom settings.
  • Noticed the "Lights Out" experience.
  • Decide it'd be fun to try it out for a little.
  • Start game.   (Now I had played this once before before these next events take place but I died anyways from lack of anything spawning around)
  • NOW THE FUN BEGINS
  • Maxwell pops up, but here's the joke, I cannot see him.
  • Everything is in darkness.
  • He spawned me without a starting fire.
  • I cannot see a single thing.
  • I sit there panicing.
  • HERE COMES CHARLIE.
  • ONE HIT.
  • TWO HIT.
  • DEAD.
  • Survived 0 days.
  • Died by darkness.
  • Tried once more.
  • Same thing.
  • Never played "Lights Out" EVER. AGAIN!!!

One time, I decided to go into the caves when I didn't even know how they worked. I had a backpack full of meaty foods, and when I went into the cave, the very first thing I found was a Bunnyman camp. Before I even knew what was happening, I had 5 or 6 of them running at me, trying to bite me to death. I tried to escape, but I could never click on the rope, due to it being so thin and popping in and out depending on my distance from it (this all started a few feet away from the rope). Eventually, I died,  but I was resurrected by my first touch stone, which was on the other side of the map, and had to trek my way back to the cave, and back inside, which took up the whole part of the daylight and almost dusk of that day. 

But that wasn't the end of it. Whenever I got out of the cave, it was nighttime. My plan was to make a fire next to the cave and head back to my camp the next day. Unfortunately, it was due time for the hounds, and since I was getting into the late game, they would come in just a few seconds. I attempted to make a torch, but I was stopped by some bats that came out of the cave and kept attacking me. By the time I killed them, I had just enough time to make a torch before the Hounds were on me. The plan at that point was to make it back to my camp, where I had traps set, and lead them into the traps.

That wasn't going to work, though, because it was the first day of winter, and I was freezing before I was even a quarter of the way there. I froze to death, and was resurrected by my final touch stone, and, after losing all methods of resurrection, I didn't leave my base for anything but food and wood.

tl;dr killed by bunnymen, resurrected, hounds attacked, ultimately froze to death, resurrected one final time

When I first started dont starve, I didn't know what walrus camps were, however I had found one and I thought it would be a brilliant idea to my house next to it, so I made some walls around my science machine, alchemy machine ice box etc.

And this Walrus camp was my welcoming doormat, (you can tell where this is going) Then came Winter and up popped this Walrus's Camp, now seeing as how narrow I built my house I couldn't get out cause the Walrus canp was blocking my entrance, so I had to sit there while I got attacked up by dogs and shot by darts.... And ends that tragic day.... :(

Btw I was using Wolfgang :p

My biggest fail I can remember was with the DLC and the iceflingomatic. I had just built it for the first time and had a fire lit. I was reorganizing my backpack and turned it on, only for it to extinguish my fire. Uuuuhhhgghg.... 

Mmm probably either the two or three times I died at 50+ days because I forgot to equip a log suit while fighting spiders/volt goats and I wasn't paying attention to health. Or the first time I started playing RoG and died the first summer because I didn't know about the overheating mechanic.

There have been too many bad deaths, oh-my-god moments, and general dim-wittedness on my account to remember most of them.  The one event that sticks in my mind after all this time is my death by beard hair.  Yup, beard hair.  This was way back when I first started playing the game and made the newbish assumption that all the tools worked the same way: click to equip.  It was coming on to winter and I was doing well.  Had a full grown beard, a goodly amount of supplies, a base camp, farms, etc.  I just needed Beefalo wool for winter gear.  You can probaly guess where this is going.  I made a razor, brought some basic stuff with me, and camped out by the nearest herd.  Evening quickly passed into night and, still standing right next to my fire, I clicked on the razor without bothering to check the helpful tool-tip info that popped up when my cursor hovered over it.  I also failed to notice some manure that was very close to me.  The following was pretty much my progression of thought.

*click on razor*

Wait! What!  Why did it do that!?  I didn't want to shave!  Damn it, I just wanted to equip-

Damn it, the beard hair is everywhere-

Oh god, the beard hair is on fire!

Oh god, the manure is on fire!

OH GOD, I'M ON FIRE!

*too stunned to do anything during the very few seconds it takes to burn to death*

I believe I literally head-desked after that.

Don't play this game when drunk. I just lost my OP archipelago stage(alrdy had a well built, self sustained base and I was slacking off to get most of the recipes) because I didn't manage to fire a torch on time :D
Then I destroyed another big chances king of winter stage by attacking the pengulls.

My new worst moment.

First, I had accidentally burned up THREE deerclops by now trying to get the eye. I was going conservative with the gunpowder charge, but first time Bees, second time Bats then third time the Hounds all attacked him. By now, I had lowered my gp charge down to 7 and still it was too much.

So this time I figure, take no chances. I stocked up on blow darts (20) and went head to head with no fire at all.  Sure enough he hit some traps, and I was working him down when...  PENGULLS. The idiots aggro'ed him, he chased them to the very edge of the map next to the ocean I was helpless.  If I shot him, he was just that much closer to death and after a couple shots he still wouldn't stop chasing them. After a few hits, it happened... I can still see the eye dropping into the water. URGH!!!!!

I rage quit and started a new world. That one had to be cursed - I have other worlds with more eyeballs than I know what to do with!

One thing I learned though after 300+ in game days trying to hunt a Deerclops is that they seem to always pass near the center of the map, particularly wherever there is a "choke point" where bridges connect.  I could find one there almost every winter, even on default settings. Of course, you have to be there at the last couple days of winter, which you can tell by the night meter and the snow on the ground clearing up a bit.

Archived