Your Worst Moment

A wever and hounds attacked me. I was Running around Till i find a dragonfly. They fought each other and the dragonfly killed them all. Then i wanted to kill him. Forgot to take my log suit on. Killed me. My items Fell on the ground and 10 bees got free and Killed the dragonfly with some Hits xD. I was so frustrated.

Adventure mode here.

For the first time, I finally made it out of the 5th chapter without any items, I knew it was going to end (I got spoiled). So I'm happy, I'm finally going to unlock Maxwell ! Let's listen to him before doing the final click. I thought I was safe, I didn't even wear an armor...

Maxwell was talking and I didn't notice my Sanity go away with his words, a Terrorbeak came behind me and 1 shot me.

And before you ask, it didn't unlock Maxwell, I had to do it all over again the day after that !

tl;dr: Died at the epilogue.

I like to go hunting Walrus in the winter. So I build a base next to a wormhole that takes me pretty close to 3 Walrus Camps. First day of winter I go and take out all 3. Head back home with my loot. Few days later I go back and take them out again. Head back home with the loot again. I do this all winter. It's about to change to spring so I decide I'll go camp over there until the season changes to make sure I get all I can.

Bright early morning... I jump thru over to Camps, check out if any are out and about but they're nowhere to be found. I relax a bit and decide to finally build a little camp since there's also a ton of rock in the area. I'm in the middle of building a quickie base and I see out of the corners of the screen 2 Walrus walking towards me, looking VERY angry. I try to get them to follow me into some tooth traps, but they continually walk AROUND them... wtf! I go far enough away that they lose interest and I'd sneak up on them to make sure they were far enough away. So I make it back to quickie base at mid dusk...

I didn't have enough stone to make a fire pit but there's some rocks right there so I go for it and with rocks in hand, I'm gonna drop this fire pit just in the nick of time. As I pull up the menu, I get shot with a dart, then another.... I have a torch around here somewhere.... I dropped it to make room for the rocks, CRAP!!! As I'm running for my life, I craft a torch but no slots to put it in.... Charlie attacks me. I somehow drop something and can now equip my torch.... Luckily I ran into a bunch of hounds. I turn quickly and head for the wormhole and as I'm about to complete my jump, I get shot, which somehow leaves me stuck about half-way with the hole closed around my legs and I can't move... Not sure if it was the hounds or the Walrus but I die and respawn near my base.

Thinking I'm gonna go back and get my stuff, I get some stuff ready and head over to the wormhole.... Deerclops seems to be guarding it. After a quick fight.... I respawn at my meat effigy, with Deerclops waiting for me.... Baiting me with his giant eyeball and meat... screw this, I'm going to my pig village for help.... NO village, DC took that out already.... DOODOO!!!! I grab my puffy vest and a hambat and try to kite him into the nearby swamp....  Plan is working until I stop to watch tentacles and DC duke it out... A rogue tentacle popped up behind me and struck me down!!

Moral of this story:

Walrus are evil!

Oh, don't be greedy!!

Well one of my worst moments was kind of funny at the same time so I had to laugh it off. I was on day 400+ and I was just messing around because I had nothing better to do so I decided to try and kill a pig with my fire staff. Well I shot at him and he was running and on fire and then he ran into a rabbit that was just hanging around. The rabbit then caught on fire so I burst out laughing because I was thinking....haha yeah stupid rabbit you got burned. So I made the dumb mistake of laughing rather then pay attention to the fact he ran towards me and I then caught on fire...and died :(   I will note that I did have an effigy so it wasn't so bad but still pretty funny.

There have been too many bad deaths, oh-my-god moments, and general dim-wittedness on my account to remember most of them.  The one event that sticks in my mind after all this time is my death by beard hair.  Yup, beard hair.  This was way back when I first started playing the game and made the newbish assumption that all the tools worked the same way: click to equip.  It was coming on to winter and I was doing well.  Had a full grown beard, a goodly amount of supplies, a base camp, farms, etc.  I just needed Beefalo wool for winter gear.  You can probaly guess where this is going.  I made a razor, brought some basic stuff with me, and camped out by the nearest herd.  Evening quickly passed into night and, still standing right next to my fire, I clicked on the razor without bothering to check the helpful tool-tip info that popped up when my cursor hovered over it.  I also failed to notice some manure that was very close to me.  The following was pretty much my progression of thought.

*click on razor*

Wait! What!  Why did it do that!?  I didn't want to shave!  Damn it, I just wanted to equip-

Damn it, the beard hair is everywhere-

Oh god, the beard hair is on fire!

Oh god, the manure is on fire!

OH GOD, I'M ON FIRE!

*too stunned to do anything during the very few seconds it takes to burn to death*

I believe I literally head-desked after that.

You know your story is kind of like my story, we both died in an unbelievable way. Most die from starving or forget to find things to make a fire, or trying to fight mobs...nope I got karma from laughing at a poor bunny who was on fire and you burned to death by beard hair and manure hahaha.

My worst moment? I've had quite a few.

Let's see,...

First time I played, about a year ago, I believe, it was dusk and I was in a thick forest trying to place a campfire, only that there wasn't enough room anywhere to place it, night fell and well, you can probably guess what happened next. First night, too.

On a later world, I set up my base in a grassland biome filled with bushes, saplings, grass, trees, flowers, and carrots, imediately next to a savannah with rabbits, aswell as herds of beefalo. And was trying to surround it with full stonewalls. Now, I didn't have any flooring, and this world was created after the Lure Plants were introduced, but before the slider in the world menu was introduced, but that was okay, because I would never stray far enough from my base long enough for Lure Plants decimating my base to ever be a problem. Worse thing happens, one shows up, and I get free fuel for my fire that night. And so one day, I decide to go looking for Chester. And so with enough food and supplies, I take off, exploring for the next few days, searching for the eyebone, mining boulders and digging bushes and saplings along the way until I finally head on back without finding the eyebone. And I decided that I wasn't going to set up camp that night, so I made a torch and ran for it instead, I nearly made it to my base when my torch finally gave out only to be saved by morning. Relieved, I continued onwards to my base eager to see if I finally have enough stone to finish my walls and to add all the new additions to my,...

Oh no.

OH NO! :wilson_horror:

DAMNED LURE PLANT IN MY BASE! EYEPLANTS EVERYWHERE!

NO!

MY BASE IS A MESS NOW!

Sigh, I hate Lure Plants. :wilson_livid:

Anyway, since RoG was about to be released, I gave up on it and deleted it without ever knowing if I did acumulate enough stones to finish those walls or not.

Onwards to RoG.

On my first RoG world, I set my base a fair distance from the herds of beefalo, to make it abit more challenging I guess. Anyway, summer comes, and I start thinking I could use more fuel for my endothermic firepit, and that I want to test out just how far I could go with just a straw hat and thermal stone. Now, had I did this the smart way, I would have prototyped the basic endo. fire, but if I did that, I wouldn't be telling this story, now, would I? And so I marched off carelessly towards the beefalo herd half the map away, and I arrive there, collecting their manure, thinking to myself "This isn't bad. Why would I need an Ice Cube or Fashon Melon for? Summer is going to be a breeze." And then upon returning,...

Burn.

Oh crap! Oh crap! I'm overheating! WHAT TO DO?! WHAT TO DO?! :wilson_horror:

So I ran to a tree to stave off the overheating, and proceeded to hop from one tree to the next, until I'm finally at the end of the forest.

CRAP! WHAT AM GOING TO DO NOW?! :wilson_horror:

I'm going to die here and use up one of my touchstones, oh no, that's not going to do me any good, I neglected to build any firepits or placed any backpacks with a strawhat or thermal stone inside next to any of them. :wilson_facepalm:

Why? Because I was lazy, and I can always do that later. So, I run and make a break for it, seeking refuge under the occasional birchnut tree along the way, until I finally reach my base and cool off next to my endothermic firepit.

Later, during my second spring, sometime after finding Glommer, I was collecting manure from those beefalo in heat, and unfortunately I still had the flower on me instead of wisely leaving it back at my base as those psychotic beefalo killed Glommer. :wilsondisapproving: Anyway, upon my way to my base, the hounds started howling, and it was nearing dusk too.  So instead of fighting them off, I decide to introduce them to my new "friends." So as I run towards those raging beefalo I notice that, holy crap, I don't have the means to make fire or a torch, nor was I carrying one. Crap, this could be bad. So I lead them into the beefalo herds getting hit a few times, ultimately having to fight off two of them, before finding a torch lying on the ground.

Aw, crap, it's only at 27%. Should've known there'd be a reason I dropped earlier. And so I desperately search for enough saplings to build second torch, when during night, my torch finally expires, and there I am in the night without any light, getting attacked by the grue, I make a desperate last ditched run to the fireflies, frantically running around them, hoping not to scare them off, until morning finally came.

I'm sure there was more, usually involving being killed by spiders, and not sure if any of these count as I only died in the first one, but these are the moments I remember off hand.

I started a new world and was on day 15. I was out exploring my world using mostly torches to continue exploring at night. But on this night I decided to make a fire to cook some food. So I started to chop down a tree for firewood when night came just a little quicker than I expected it to. As dusk started to grow darker and darker into pitch black night, I tried to pick up the firewood and quickly build my fire, but my inventory was full. So I tried to equip my torch and somehow managed to light the log in my cursor on fire, and put it in my inventory. So there I was in pitch darkness, burning to death for what seemed at the time to be no reason at all. But I had finally realized what had happened and dropped the log on the ground with almost no health left to spare. And then I hear the tiny roar of a spider and then the sound of the spider biting me. and I die.

New player here - worst moment so far was when I found a fire staff. I had taken up residence in a wood-walled base that I found, and dinner came flying down into my base on feathered wings. I equipped the staff, set the bird alight, and he panicked and flew right into my wood wall, burning up the entire structure and all it's contents!

New player here - worst moment so far was when I found a fire staff. I had taken up residence in a wood-walled base that I found, and dinner came flying down into my base on feathered wings. I equipped the staff, set the bird alight, and he panicked and flew right into my wood wall, burning up the entire structure and all it's contents! I was laughing too hard to be upset.

My worst moment was a week ago.

In the middle of winter, at the beginning of the night with Willow who was a little bit insane. She lit a random fire and my entire base burnt down. My 3 chests, with everything that was inside apart from the hounds' teeth, my science machine... Basically I had to start from scratch.

Adventure mode here.

For the first time, I finally made it out of the 5th chapter without any items, I knew it was going to end (I got spoiled). So I'm happy, I'm finally going to unlock Maxwell ! Let's listen to him before doing the final click. I thought I was safe, I didn't even wear an armor...

Maxwell was talking and I didn't notice my Sanity go away with his words, a Terrorbeak came behind me and 1 shot me.

And before you ask, it didn't unlock Maxwell, I had to do it all over again the day after that !

tl;dr: Died at the epilogue.

This story takes the cake.

(And stfu IE for not letting me copy/paste or multiquote. -.- )

Pre-RoG:  I was chopping trees during the night when a small treeguard appeared, 'i can easily kite that' i thought, then another one came from the darkness this time it was a large one, 'oh god no! ahhhh!' while i was dancing around the campfire with them treeguards a hound wave came, I died , but at least i danced a good dance before dying.

Rog: I had made a camp inside a big forest, while i was holding a a torch i saw the option to light a crockpot 'Ohhhh so i can let it lit even when it isnt cooking something? Cool!', Bye bye first RoG world.

O_o so....how exactly did you die? I never tried that before lol.

The world is INSANE. Clockwork bishops and knights attacking all over. Merms fighting pigs and pouring rain with charged volt goats running around. I would definitely recommend trying it.

One of my worst moments involved Warg. I luckily respawned and survived, thanks to pigs, but it was still a nightmare... *shudder*

Another one involved hounds, freezing, bats, pengulls, and of course, Deerclops. How I survived was a miracle, so this was more triumphant than disastrous.

Me: "Yeah! I just make The best base camp ever! Full heart, full sanity and a lot of food, Nothing can kill me!"

Maxwell: "What if your farm burn like, ...now?"

Me: "Maxwell, you're a !#@%, But i have A lot of Meatballs in my fridge! Ha Ha!"

Maxwell: "Oh Right, What about a Dragonlfy?"

Me: "Know what? Fu@# Yourself."

Yeah... i survived the Dragonlfy, but that was a bad bad bad bad moment.

Why everyone wait the bosses in their base...

For the same reason you did it the first time: ignorance of the proper way to deal with them. They'll learn.

My worst moments usually involve killer bees and underestimating them. Day 21 in Adventure Mode, bunch of bees? Meh, I can go through. Not.

Archived