What do you think about Wigfrid?

What do you think about Wigfrid?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• She is just fine, awesome character!
    • She is way too over powered.
    • She is too weak.
    • She is pretty good but needs some balancing.
    • I don't like her abilities at all.

I've been surviving on Bacon and Eggs for 100 days straight days and I'm surprised she hasn't developed some serious health issues lol. Just sat my base next to spiders, scout out the swamp and got some reeds for a bird cage and feeding her became so easy xD.

One idea I had for Wigifrid is this:

Bloodlust! (Because if Klei wants a fighting character, they'll MAKE it a fighting character)

So, why not add a new bar (With Wigi's face on it) called "The Bloodlust Bar" or something!

The Bloodlust bar will go down passively, like sanity in the dark. The only way to restore the bar is to kill monsters! The lower the bar gets, the more her sanity starts draining, too! That way, we'd have to fight or we'd slowly go insane.

i really like her. Her flat bonus to dmg and her weapons and armor are all awesome. Those should not be changed. If anything is OP, its her ability to regain health and sanity from killing enemies. If they nerf it, take one of those away.

But her downside, only being able to eat meat, is being underplayed here i think. Its a pain, its deadly early game, and i find myself spending much more time feeding her and preparing food for journys than i do other chars.

But her downside, only being able to eat meat, is being underplayed here i think. Its a pain, its deadly early game, and i find myself spending much more time feeding her and preparing food for journys than i do other chars.

I agree. She is the only character with which I die of starvation.

Wigfrid isn't overpowered, she's combat focused.

The reason Wigfrid is designed the way she is to reinforce entering combat all the time and deter other methods of juggling the balls of health, sanity, and hunger that don't involve combat.

Notice how I said "reinforce" and "deter". There has to be some flexibility for playstyle choices.

Take for example her sanity situation:

She gets sanity back on kills because it helps reinforce getting into combat, undoes some of the monsters' horror aura sanity damage from standing in close proximity with a monster which would otherwise be a deterrent from entering combat with monsters, undoes some of the sanity loss from eating monster meat should that be a necessity which would otherwise deter you from slaying monsters as monster meat can be kind of useless compared to other items in your inventory when just starting out, and also she needs an alternative from green mushrooms and foods like taffy which would otherwise reinforce non-combat as opposed to killing for sanity, but since they're not options for Wigfrid yet combat is, combat is reinforced. Sleeping for sanity regeneration is deterred due to Wigfrid's low hunger pool and her picky tastes making filling that hunger pool more challenging than other characters, and aforementioned picky tastes are alleviated most easily through killing for food as that'll typically yield meat-based items which, again, reinforces combat.

I mean I could go on with sanity, we could go on down the list, but there you go.

I mean how would you nerf Wigfrid while leaving intact her desire for constant battle?

Wigfrid isn't overpowered, she's combat focused.

The reason Wigfrid is designed the way she is to reinforce entering combat all the time and deter other methods of juggling the balls of health, sanity, and hunger that don't involve combat.

Notice how I said "reinforce" and "deter". There has to be some flexibility for playstyle choices.

Take for example her sanity situation:

She gets sanity back on kills because it helps reinforce getting into combat, undoes some of the monsters' horror aura sanity damage from standing in close proximity with a monster which would otherwise be a deterrent from entering combat with monsters, undoes some of the sanity loss from eating monster meat should that be a necessity which would otherwise deter you from slaying monsters as monster meat can be kind of useless compared to other items in your inventory when just starting out, and also she needs an alternative from green mushrooms and foods like taffy which would otherwise reinforce non-combat as opposed to killing for sanity, but since they're not options for Wigfrid yet combat is, combat is reinforced. Sleeping for sanity regeneration is deterred due to Wigfrid's low hunger pool and her picky tastes making filling that hunger pool more challenging than other characters, and aforementioned picky tastes are alleviated most easily through killing for food as that'll typically yield meat-based items which, again, reinforces combat.

I mean I could go on with sanity, we could go on down the list, but there you go.

I mean how would you nerf Wigfrid while leaving intact her desire for constant battle?

I agree with you.

All those great sanity restoring foods, like taffy, pumpkin cookies, cooked green mushrooms, cactus, melon popsicle, etc... Wigfrid can't eat any of them!

To restore sanity for her, I kill spiders, wear a Tam o' Shanter, and hire pigs to cut down a forest for their sanity aura.

Killing spiders is by far the best way to restore sanity, and it restores health too. Spiders are easy to kite and stun lock.

Wigfrid benefits from killing monsters. I love that mechanic.

However her disadvantage also means that for a long time you will be tied to the location of the crock pot. Placement of your base is best done once the map is edged.

Why would you need to even COOK your meal?

Her bonus to health and sanity from killing mobs outruns the sanity penalty from eating raw meat.

The fact that she regains health when she kills a mob is ridiculous.

I don't mind the fact that she regains sanity from killing something. I think that's cool, and it makes sense. But her regaining health is a bit strange, don't you think?

I really like Wigfrid, despite her voice ^^

I think that her abilities, unlike the other characters, push us to seek fights and adventures. I don't stay in my base all the time whith her because I know I can always slaughter spiders to regain health and sanity. The fact that she cannot eat any meat-free meal is also a way to push us to leave our base.

Plus, you can handle a lot with her, I mean by that that I had nightmare mobs, a Warg and its hounds and the Moose on me at the same time but I was having such a fun !

And frankly, have you ever seen somebody with a winged helmet exclusively made of rocks and gold nuggets x)

However her disadvantage also means that for a long time you will be tied to the location of the crock pot. Placement of your base is best done once the map is edged.

yeah, they need to add the ability to cook food on the campfire, like, seriously

I think Wigfrid is a good character.

Pros: Fighting is easier, the battle helm and spear are useful. A very good character for only fighting and good for fighting the giants and makes your farms more compact.

Cons: You can't eat simple foods like berries and carrots which makes early game even though you get some meat to start with.

Wiggie is not op. Battle spear and helm are cheap and available from the start but then again you could play Wolfgang and go for day one alchemy engine and murder all the pigs to get ham bat and footbal helmet plus a hefty amount of meat to get that sweet 2x damage / 300 health. He does loose sanity more easily but... meh... that's not a big deal at all. He is missing that 25% damage reduction but i'll take 2x damage over that any day of the week. The accelerated hunger loss and ham bat losing durability is the payoff for Wolfgang being able to blitz hard. Wiggie is very good for very early all out aggression, especially because in early game her 25% damage reduction could save you. As you tech up you kinda forget about her perks, pros and cons. Your meat/meat based only diet is not a problem since pierogi-es are one of the most optimal foods anyways. At least that's what I found.

I hate that she uses umlauts (Ö) in her o's

As Finnish is my mother tongue, when I read her lines it sounds like utter gibberish in my head.

People with other languages may find it easy to disregard the Ö's, but my mind has been hardwired to pronounce it differently.

I hate that she uses umlauts (Ö) in her o's

As Finnish is my mother tongue, when I read her lines it sounds like utter gibberish in my head.

People with other languages may find it easy to disregard the Ö's, but my mind has been hardwired to pronounce it differently.

theres an option to turn off the silly symbols over letters if it bothers you.

I kinda have mixed feelings about Wigfrid. On the one hand, her advantages and disadvantages make her not only a character who benefits from combat, but one who is compelled to enter combat often. On the other hand, this makes the game less interesting because combat is the solution to most of your problems. Hungry? You need meat, so go kill something. Low on sanity? Kill something. Low on health? Kill something. You don't have to think about it, entering combat is almost always a good idea.

Of course, weather effects help keep things more interesting because I still have to worry about freezing, overheating, and getting wet, but Wigfrid still drastically simplifies things. What's the downside? By late game, most of my food would have been meat anyway, so being a strict carnivore isn't exactly a problem.

I dunno, Wigfrid is still fun to play, but she makes the game too simple. I hardly have to worry about managing my sanity or my health.

On another note, I'm interesting in trying her in caves. Considering one of the things I disliked about caves was how combat heavy they seemed to be, Wigfrid might be the perfect match for them.

Just started a game with Wigfrid and so far she's the only character I like as much as I like Wilson.  I don't know if she's OP or not, but I'm enjoying the totally different play style.

I tried Wolfgang once and really didn't like him, got bored with him turning between Mighty and not Mighty all the time and never used him again.

She's a bold character concept and I think some of you guys want to make her boring.

I've played a few worlds with her and I think her drawbacks are too severe for me (at least the way I play).

She doesn't tempt me away from Wilson at all.

The fact that she regains health when she kills a mob is ridiculous.

I don't mind the fact that she regains sanity from killing something. I think that's cool, and it makes sense. But her regaining health is a bit strange, don't you think?

Keep in mind Wigfrid NEEDS to fight in order to survive.So health bonus makes perfect sence, since playing Wigfrid you will get damaged a lot more than any other characters, who can just opt for farming and pick up their fights when it suits them.

well I really like her but I think she could use some adjustment.  I do not think it is necesary to affect her combat abilty just give her another disadvantage and she should be good.  What if she was a bad cook and crock pot recipes had a good chance of coming out burnt this would stop meat ball spamming and make each piece of meat more valuable overall to her. 

Archived