What do you think about Wigfrid?

What do you think about Wigfrid?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• She is just fine, awesome character!
    • She is way too over powered.
    • She is too weak.
    • She is pretty good but needs some balancing.
    • I don't like her abilities at all.

She's a better version of Wolfgang who has access to her combat abilities constantly while Wolfgang has to fill himself up for his combat advantage. Yeah she can only eat meat but that's barely a disadvantage once you have at least one crock pot. I like her but she makes Wolfgang seem obsolete to me which I do not like.

She's a better version of Wolfgang who has access to her combat abilities constantly while Wolfgang has to fill himself up for his combat advantage. Yeah she can only eat meat but that's barely a disadvantage once you have at least one crock pot. I like her but she makes Wolfgang seem obsolete to me which I do not like.

She replaced Wolfgang.

That's why I hate her, Klei clearly stated that characters will be unique, and every character would be unique experience.

Wigfrid is new Wolfgang.

I don't even know if shes a real viking. Some of her quotes sound like shes a girl pretending to be a viking. Like she was in some kind of play or circus.The same one William Carter was in.

Nickname The Performance Artist

Motto "A test of my incredible acting!"

I just hope they give Webber good abilities. Wigfrid is pretty good but shes a little over powered, I think she should have a little less health it might be more balanced.

I don't think they should nerf her current abilities personally. I think it would be better to just completely re-evaluate her abilities and make them not so combat oriented. Wolfgang is there for that. She could have a completely different set of abilities.

She fits my playstile, cause I don't like building all the farms n stuff. Maybe she is overpowered... No, she is not. She has less hunger and less sanity.

Her voice is a bit annoying sometimes.

And I would like if they removed her passive defense skill (25% less damage taken).

i don't think she is OP (hate that phrase by the way) because of the fact that she eats only meat. which means you have no choice but to fight. with that being said of course her fighting stats should be quite high. if they nerfed that i wouldn't play her anymore. her voice is unique and doesn't have anything to do with gameplay, lets just roll with it. but if you noticed her hunger is quite low forcing you to fight even more! she is well balanced and well thought out

She replaced Wolfgang.

That's why I hate her, Klei clearly stated that characters will be unique, and every character would be unique experience.

Wigfrid is new Wolfgang.

not really wolf gang has a lot higher hunger. wolfgang can eat anything, wolfgang doesn't have his own unique weapon and armor. he also has that stay full and get stronger mechanic. how is he replacing her? everything is different

yeah but wolfgang can be used like wilson by just eating whatever. your not forced to fight like wigfrid. wolf gangs hunger is extremely high he is no way obsolete. which is a strong word by the way.

yeah but wolfgang can be used like wilson by just eating whatever. your not forced to fight like wigfrid. wolf gangs hunger is extremely high he is no way obsolete. which is a strong word by the way.

Ummm if I'm choosing a character with a combat advantage I would want that advantage constantly because that's why I chose the character in the first place (I don't pick Wolfgang to play like Wilson, I choose Wilson for that :p) which means Wigfrid would always be one I choose because she is better than Wolfgang in that regard.

And honestly his higher hunger doesn't mean that much to me because eventually hunger really isn't an issue with any character and it just makes it a pain to fill him up completely for his advantage. And not to mention he loses sanity quicker while Wigfrid has the easiest time filling her sanity since it plays into her combat advantage. So to me he is obsolete.

No need for a crockpot, just kill koalafants, pigs, catcoons,vultures, tall birds etc. You will have so much meat you will not know what to do with it. I only make jerky and played for 80 days with no problems and a full iceboxes of meat. I hope they don't change her cause this is my new fav.!

Ummm if I'm choosing a character with a combat advantage I would want that advantage constantly because that's why I chose the character in the first place (I don't pick Wolfgang to play like Wilson, I choose Wilson for that :razz:) which means Wigfrid would always be one I choose because she is better than Wolfgang in that regard.

And honestly his higher hunger doesn't mean that much to me because eventually hunger really isn't an issue with any character and it just makes it a pain to fill him up completely for his advantage. And not to mention he loses sanity quicker while Wigfrid has the easiest time filling her sanity since it plays into her combat advantage. So to me he is obsolete.

what i meant by like wilson is the ability to eat anything. with wigfrid which I'm currently experienting with. i find myself spending the majority of time fighting beefalo, koelephants, and other meat sources waisting my day. with wolfgang you can actually plan out difficult fights by beefing him up when you want to. it gets annoying to only have to eat meat. is why i feel wolfgang is still a good option. but ok

what i meant by like wilson is the ability to eat anything. with wigfrid which I'm currently experienting with. i find myself spending the majority of time fighting beefalo, koelephants, and other meat sources waisting my day. with wolfgang you can actually plan out difficult fights by beefing him up when you want to. it gets annoying to only have to eat meat. is why i feel wolfgang is still a good option. but ok

The meat only disadvantage to me is only prominent in the early game. The instant you have one or two crock pots then it's not that bad because you can use vegetables to make meat recipes (meat balls, honey ham, honey nuggets etc. etc.) so you can still utilize farms for crops to make meat recipes. The only place I can see her disadvantage being difficult to deal with is the caves due to bunnymen.

And I don't have a problem with the fact that she's OP if it seems that way. It's just that she just has a rehashed arguably better version of Wolfgang's abilities.

not really wolf gang has a lot higher hunger. wolfgang can eat anything, wolfgang doesn't have his own unique weapon and armor. he also has that stay full and get stronger mechanic. how is he replacing her? everything is different

Old Wolfgang was just easy mod character, so is Wigfrid, you don't even need to put up science machine, she can craft her weps with gold, stone, sticks, and flint, and no science what so ever.

You can go on killing spree on winter and not die!

Old Wolfgang was just easy mod character, so is Wigfrid, you don't even need to put up science machine, she can craft her weps with gold, stone, sticks, and flint.

Except you need a science machine for almost every other useful item in the game ever. I agree that she's currently a better Wolfgang but that's kind of a silly argument.

It's fine if she makes him seem elite. Klei has repeatedly said that they're not trying to make these characters equal in pros and cons, but merely giving choice to those looking for more or less challenge (see: Wes)

It's fine if she makes him seem elite. Klei has repeatedly said that they're not trying to make these characters equal in pros and cons, but merely giving choice to those looking for more or less challenge (see: Wes)

Well if I want to choose a character that makes me feel elite it's surely not going to be Wolfgang. I would use Wes, maybe Willow. It's not that she is not equal with Wolfgang, it's that her abilities are so similar to Wolfgang's and so much better that obviously she will be compared to him. And if it came down to which one you should choose for the better combat abilities Wigfrid will always win because she beats Wolfgang in pretty much every aspect. So imo her abilities should be changed so that she isn't a better version of Wolfgang.

I don't see what the problem with Wigfrid's voice is. Sure, it's a bit loud, but if anything it's a nice change from the flute pitch of the other female voices. She sounds like a brute that is a murdering machine, and murder she does. I also think that the fact she only eats meat mixes with her fighting abilities well and it gives the player an alternative, more active pace in gameplay which I love. It's tiring to build up a character and a base to die from stupid fighting mistakes--granted, it happens with Wigfrid, but the ability to recover from it lessens most of the gaming rage.

No longer do I immediately build my base by a herd of buffalo in order to ward off hounds--I just beat the mutts up without breaking a sweat.

Also, remember that the DLC is going to have lots of giants and Wigfrid's true fighting potential will surely be realized by all.

Personally I really enjoy Wigfrid's combat abilities. They should never be touched. 

Why do I say this. Well personally I am a explorer not a spend 50 days building up a huge camp kind of guy. She is a character that finally fills this niche in the game. To take away or nerf these abilities would take her explore type abilities.

Most characters/if not all needs a home base that is well built up to nurse low HP, to keep fed, and regain sanity. You end up fearing fights. With Wigfrid you do not have to have that home base your lifeblood is in exploring and killing. You can make things easy mode by building one.

If balancing was to be done I would like it to come as creative ways. Like if to many character made structures are around she starts losing HP or hunger.(think of some creative reason why) Creating none weapon/armor type items causes her to lose HP  because she hurts herself.(has the skills of those guys from step brothers)

So personally I would rather see creative methods to balancing her. Nerfing her abilities will take away from the fun of aggressive exploring. To many characters are oriented around farming to create a successful survival environment. 

She replaced Wolfgang.

Wigfrid is new Wolfgang.

However her disadvantage also means that for a long time you will be tied to the location of the crock pot. Placement of your base is best done once the map is edged.

Archived