Reign of Giants: Your Discoveries

Either I have such bad luck I should stop playing, or beefalo spawns are soul-crushingly lower.

They really are painfully low right now. I had one small group of them spawn right next to some beehives. I started out in Spring. They lasted around 45 seconds.

It looks like a traumatized peice of broccoli.

Well, I know what I'm having my new mod character say about Birchnut Treeguards when they're implemented.

I guess this is some sort of set piece.

219740-2014-03-20-00001.png

It's full of Hound mounds...

The hound mound grouping is more of a part of the desert biome than anything.  Pretty sure EVERY desert will have an area with lots of gold rocks, and also hound mounds.  Sometimes more sometimes less.  Kind of like how the mosaic biome always has an area of rocky turf and gold boulders.  Not so much a setpiece as part of the biome.

The chess biome thing is of course a setpiece.   You happened to get them very close together.   

There is a also a 'hound fort' setpiece, which is square like the tallbird fort except surrounded with hound mounds instead of tallbirds.   Someone said the hound fort exists in vanilla in adventure mode only, though I'd never seen it.

The hound mound grouping is more of a part of the desert biome than anything.  Pretty sure EVERY desert will have an area with lots of gold rocks, and also hound mounds.  Sometimes more sometimes less.  Kind of like how the mosaic biome always has an area of rocky turf and gold boulders.  Not so much a setpiece as part of the biome.

The chess biome thing is of course a setpiece.   You happened to get them very close together.   

There is a also a 'hound fort' setpiece, which is square like the tallbird fort except surrounded with hound mounds instead of tallbirds.   Someone said the hound fort exists in vanilla in adventure mode only, though I'd never seen it.

Yeah, I figured out desert biomes all has hound mounds (as of what I've seen), but I've never seen so many that close together ;)

Warg has an appearance now.

mjAcc29.jpg

Also, something called a treedrake.

LSPZMux.jpg

Editing again, eyebrella.

HHqEzB6.png

Editing aaaaagain. Some sort of fan.

UHJRqeO.jpg

i think we can shave wargs, those fans might drop from drangonfly oh ohh Goose, eyebrella look big so it might be usefull for summer treedrakes look like planted biter thingy 

tumblr_n2t897wJtP1rqc3yqo1_1280.png

Not sure if its a coincidence or not but ya see the skeleton there with the marble and a pickaxe?

I know the metal trees give you marble when they’re destroyed, as I’ve had Clockwork Rooks destroy some for me.

Makes me think he made this in an attempt to appease Maxwell but died in the process.

tumblr_n2t897wJtP1rqc3yqo1_1280.png

Not sure if its a coincidence or not but ya see the skeleton there with the marble and a pickaxe?

I know the metal trees give you marble when they’re destroyed, as I’ve had Clockwork Rooks destroy some for me.

Makes me think he made this in an attempt to appease Maxwell but died in the process.

Alas the man with axe and vision!

Sought to break the marble work!

But his end was met and bones are left!

Maxwell can be a jerk...

I found out Catcoons aggro on pengulls, but slurpers and catcoons leave each other alone.

And is the random worm hole in the ruins a bug? It won't let me jump in, but I don't know where the other side is.

I found a circle of lvl 3 Spider Dens with a single lvl 3 Spider Den in the center of the circle. There were trees all around them but isolated in the middle of a Grassland biome.
I just had to use a torch and watch them BURN. But here's a picture of the remnants. I don't really know why the trees healed from their burns so I suppose it must have been some sort of glitch (I found this place in my first 10 days when exploring

2014_03_22_00001_by_ysulyan-d7b53u2.jpg

Also, an extra photo.

2014_03_22_00002_by_ysulyan-d7b548j.jpg

I placed a spider egg near a Hound Mound and the Hounds destroyed the Spider Den. Was this changes recently? Still works with the Spider Den + other mobs?

Someone can suggest me how to make a silk farm in RoG?

By the way: The DLC is awesome! It's still beta, but tottaly worth the money! If you like Don't Starve, GRAB IT NOW! Im playing as Wigfrid an enjoying a lot! The 4 seasons is great too.

I found a circle of lvl 3 Spider Dens with a single lvl 3 Spider Den in the center of the circle. There were trees all around them but isolated in the middle of a Grassland biome.

I just had to use a torch and watch them BURN. But here's a picture of the remnants. I don't really know why the trees healed from their burns so I suppose it must have been some sort of glitch (I found this place in my first 10 days when exploring

Nothing new, that's a set piece already in the game.

Oh.. In all my days I have never seen such thing. Well, I guess I was lucky to find one :-)

Lucky? From past experiences when they all hatched into queens at almost the same time, I would NOT call it lucky!  :nightmare:

Lucky? From past experiences when they all hatched into queens at almost the same time, I would NOT call it lucky!  :nightmare:

Oh that thing happened to me in the caves the other day! Like roughly 5 lvl 3 spider dens suddenly transformed into Queens. Luckily I had myself an army of Rocky Balboas... It was a fun bloodbath

Archived