[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

Alright, SO, with the information we've been given, I threw together this little test critter with a little bounce animation.

If anybody is able to get it in game, I'm curious to see if/how well everything works...

It's nothing especially wonderful... but this is just a test.

Posted Imagespritertest.zip

I... Is this supposed to be a ballet pig?

Posted Image

May be hard to tell, but he is doing a bounce, but not with the pngs you included.

Edit: Wait... I did something wrong. One moment.

Edit 2: scml.exe spits out an error when I try to use it with the files you shared.

Building 'C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommondont_starvemodsUpAndAwayanimtestcritter.scml'.

ERROR: Invalid number of arguments!

Edited by debugman18

Alright, SO, with the information we've been given, I threw together this little test critter with a little bounce animation.

If anybody is able to get it in game, I'm curious to see if/how well everything works...

It's nothing especially wonderful... but this is just a test.

Posted Imagespritertest.zip

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

Never been happier to be proven wrong! Way to go DanaAddams!

The Eelectric.

/start braindump

eelynx eelizard eeleech eeleviathan

Edited by lifemare

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

Never been happier to be proven wrong! Way to go DanaAddams!

/start braindump

eelynx eelizard eeleech eeleviathan

Could we make it Ae not Ee? Simply because Ae is rarer combination, and I reckon that'd make it more interesting. In English anyway.

Just checking in to see how things are going. It's messy, but here's a quick sketch I came up with for an Antlion.

Damn! Why now when i'm out of likes?!?!

Good job there thelefhelix. I struggled with that mob, couldn't come up with a good design. That looks pretty cool.

EDIT: Come join the doc and add that!

Edited by lifemare
  • Like 1

Damn! Why now when i'm out of likes?!?!

Good job there thelefhelix. I struggled with that mob, couldn't come up with a good design. That looks pretty cool.

Feel free to call me Helix. I'm glad you like it! I thought your sketches for it, and all the other mobs (bean giant is my favorite), are awesome too; I just had this idea pop into my head and decided to scribble it down.

Edit: Requested access for the doc, feel free to add it on my behalf if you'd like. :)

Edited by thelefthelix

I... Is this supposed to be a ballet pig?

Posted Image

May be hard to tell, but he is doing a bounce, but not with the pngs you included.

Edit: Wait... I did something wrong. One moment.

Edit 2: scml.exe spits out an error when I try to use it with the files you shared.

Building 'C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommondont_starvemodsUpAndAwayanimtestcritter.scml'.

ERROR: Invalid number of arguments!

How strange... if there's anything I can do to fix it, let me know and I'll give it a shot. But I'm afraid I don't have the slightest clue why it's not working with the test assets I made...

Could you upload something for me to put into the game? I'd like to see how the animation plays back, even if it is with the pig. xD

Edit: Requested access for the doc, feel free to add it on my behalf if you'd like. :-)

Done, Helix!

Also, everyone has editing privileges now.

Posted Image

There's a doc revision history to revert to if anything goes wrong, so i don't see a point in limiting anyone's access.

could i help with thinking about quotes for the mobs/items/others ?

Unless having 3 writers in one mod is too confusing (?), i'm sure the help is most welcome, Rabbitfist,

Check the doc for what speeches haven't been added yet, and if you want to give suggestions for ones that have already been made by Luggs and KidneyBeanBoy, add them as notes to the respective page.

Edited by lifemare

Unless having 3 writers in one mod is too confusing (?), i'm sure the help is most welcome, Rabbitfist,

Check the doc for what speeches haven't been added yet, and if you want to give suggestions for ones that have already been made by Luggs and KidneyBeanBoy, add them as notes to the respective page.

with help thinking about them i mean not write them, i mean make suggestions for the quotes here

Anyone knows at what time the forum resets the like function?

From what I'm seeing so far, this mod could be the first DLC we see.  Great job y'all!

I wonder if the guys at Klei wanted their DLC to be the cloud world. I wonder if they really hate this thread. jk

No, it'll be the lava level.

We'll see..

Anyone knows at what time the forum resets the like function?

Haha, i don't know i took longer than usual for me today.

Edit : I still can't like, maybe they changed something? And i have to say i really like how your artstyle fits with the game!

Edited by TeoSS69

Giving the antlion a try:

meh.... sketches always look better...

5apl.png

You're getting a lot further than I am! I've only got the body and mane so far, granted it's been a fairly slow going process. I'll post it when I have more finished, but I think you're muzzle will look way better.

Edit: Lifemare, what editing software are you using?

Edited by thelefthelix