[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

Eh. A cloud whale. I don't know. Feels too...typical?

Also. If you didn't see, there's going to be a new worm enemy the update after this one. Maybe we should put off the eel til then since they seem to run on the same idea.

Well it could be anything, really. Besides, that's why I phrased it 'what do you all think'. :p

I saw that. ):

I'll check into the public preview and see how it moves and attacks.

Well it could be anything, really. Besides, that's why I phrased it 'what do you all think'. :p

I saw that. ):

I'll check into the public preview and see how it moves and attacks.

Its not complete yet. But it does seem similar.

It would blend with the ground. I would love if players could walk on it... But that sounds like it can't be implemented very well. Maybe somehow. It would end up being hackish if we did it.

Hmmm, i don't assume we can make chunks of earth move yet. So make the cam shake earhtquake style, with the charcater faceplanting into the ground. The screen goes black, and when it comes back again the whale is staring at us.

I'm thinking towards it being a little part of the island, not too large, We plug it's air-hole (?) to aggravate it and start the fight.

Or use it's water column to propel ourselves into the second level.

• Like 1

Oh, and about that cloud whale idea...

I like the idea of hopping around in the clouds, merrily picking candy berries, minding my business

when, out of the blue, a cathedral-sized eye opens on what you thought was just plain ground

and starts following you in every direction.

Just that happening i think would be enough to jolt your experience.

Treating the whale as a regular mob i don't find that interesting.

Edited by lifemare
  • Like 2

I like the idea of hopping around in the clouds, merrily picking candy berries, minding my business

when, out of the blue, a cathedral-sized eye opens on what you thought was just plain ground

and starts following you in every direction.

Just that happening i think would be enough to jolt your experience.

Treating the whale as a regular mob i don't find that interesting.

I like that...

Oh, could someone download the latest commit and tell me if the test sheep sounds work for them? (I'm just making sure sounds work, I'll add the actual ones shortly.)

I tried.

Get an error when trying to climb the beanstalk.

afbz.jpg

Check the mods screen if the mod is really enabled. Force enabling doesn't work during worldgen (and this is exactly the error you get when the mod is misteriously disabled during it).

Check the mods screen if the mod is really enabled. Force enabling doesn't work during worldgen (and this is exactly the error you get when the mod is misteriously disabled during it).

It is really enabled, "up and away" shows up in the mainscreen title, and the save has been renamed to Cave level 1-1.

I don't know what you mean by "force enabling" though... But i've been playtesting with U&A enabled for a while and it just crashed when using the beanstalk.

It is really enabled, "up and away" shows up in the mainscreen title, and the save has been renamed to Cave level 1-1.

I don't know what you mean by "force enabling" though... But i've been playtesting with U&A enabled for a while and it just crashed when using the beanstalk.

Yes, "Up and Away" will show in the mainscreen title whether it's really enabled or not. The save renaming will as well. Check the mods screen to see if it truly says "Enabled", and not "Crashed!" or something like that.

Force enabling is including the line

ForceEnableMod("UpAndAway")
in mods/modsettings.lua. Edited by simplex

It could be done easily. Similarly to the sanity obelisks.

Oh, and about that cloud whale idea... This isn't my art (this is crap done in paint), but it's a concept I wanted to throw out here just in case. Basically, it would sit somewhere on the map, as a large cloud hill. (Think of a giant turtle with an island on its back.) It would take an item or something to wake it up. It could be the boss of the first cloud level.

What are all of your thoughts on this?

xyrvwux.png

It could be done easily. Similarly to the sanity obelisks.

Oh, and about that cloud whale idea... This isn't my art (this is crap done in paint), but it's a concept I wanted to throw out here just in case. Basically, it would sit somewhere on the map, as a large cloud hill. (Think of a giant turtle with an island on its back.) It would take an item or something to wake it up. It could be the boss of the first cloud level.

What are all of your thoughts on this?

xyrvwux.png

I Liked this Whale but... what is the tale about him ? (Hi fears me)

Edited by 1Nicolino

I did check that, it was enabled.

Should i change that line in modsettings.lua?

EDIT:

Tried in a new save and the game crashed.

But what were you doing in this second case (since it's a completely different error)?

But anyway, regarding the first one, since the game disables output during worldgen there's no info to use. What's happening is that the cloud level is not being registered. However, as the log shows, it's being registered in all other circumstances other than worldgen. I still think the mod is getting disabled somehow.

I'll try to update the standalone to look more closely. But the Linux updater hardly ever works...

EDIT: I mean: "[...] the cloud level is NOT being registered."

Edited by simplex

But what were you doing in this second case (since it's a completely different error)?

Absolutely nothing, just launched a new world with the mod enabled, and the game crashed after the loading screen.

Same thing on Steam version.

The other error was on an older save i was using for the SK, it loaded fine with U&A enabled.

Isn't anyone else with the pc standalone and steam experiencing problems with the mod?

Edited by lifemare

(Probably-to-be-ingnored request tieem!)
Can someone takes all the quotes I put on the brainstorm docs and put them in the strings.lua doc? Idk hgw to do the codings and suches.

Also, what if after this mod is done, we could make an underwater realm mod? ("Where the Merms are" as a title?) I can already hear Maxwell saying "Sit down, would you kindly."

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

Can someone takes all the quotes I put on the brainstorm docs and put them in the game?

Also, what if after this mod is done, we could make an underwater realm mod?

Not all of them but a few for sure. ;)

Can someone takes all the quotes I put on the brainstorm docs and put them in the game?

Also, what if after this mod is done, we could make an underwater realm mod?

I Love this ideia.

I can make part of this thing?

Alright, sheeps baa now! Currently we're using a sheep sound from freesound.org. If anyone feels up to the task of making their own, that'd work too. I think this sound fits perfectly, though! :grin:

Edit: Err, there are so many sheep spawning. Their sound cuts off repeatedly until eventually one almost does an entire baa. And it crashes on sheeptransform_charge, and says there isn't one. But, there definitely is... o.o

jmMHkan.jpg

Edited by debugman18
  • Like 1