[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

Alright, sheeps baa now! Currently we're using a sheep sound from freesound.org. If anyone feels up to the task of making their own, that'd work too. I think this sound fits perfectly, though! :grin:

Edit: Err, there are so many sheep spawning. Their sound cuts off repeatedly until eventually one almost does an entire baa. And it crashes on sheeptransform_charge, and says there isn't one. But, there definitely is... o.o

jmMHkan.jpg

Reminds me. Sheeps IRL travel in herds. Rams are usually solitary. Can we make Cloudsheep travel in herds, split apart during their Ram mode, and recombine into herds again? or would that just kill the coders?

Reminds me. Sheeps IRL travel in herds. Rams are usually solitary. Can we make Cloudsheep travel in herds, split apart during their Ram mode, and recombine into herds again? or would that just kill the coders?

I think maybe we should finished sorting the issues at hand, before adding any new behaviour. That would involve some work on the brain, and I'm not even sure it would make a difference. (Since the rams spot the player and chase them.)

@swingman, could you add me to the OP?

Do you mean me? I don't know who @swingman is...

Edited by debugman18

I think maybe we should finished sorting the issues at hand, before adding any new behaviour. That would involve some work on the brain, and I'm not even sure it would make a difference. (Since the rams spot the player and chase them.)

Do you mean me? I don't know who @swingman is...

Yeah, I meant you.  God Damon auto correct!

OH COME ON

Anyway away, I'm having a bit of trouble with the character.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with me not having any coding experience whatsoever xD

I'll get it done though.

Edited by Lord_Battal

What will Winnie be voiced with?

Since she's a girl, I'll suggest violin or piano, but I've always wanted to see a character voiced by guitar.

Oh! speaking of voices, the custom sounds mean that we can add a voice to the salesman. maybe he could be voiced with guitar!

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

Absolutely nothing, just launched a new world with the mod enabled, and the game crashed after the loading screen.

Same thing on Steam version.

The other error was on an older save i was using for the SK, it loaded fine with U&A enabled.

Isn't anyone else with the pc standalone and steam experiencing problems with the mod?

I'm also getting this error on standalone. I'll look into it.

But I'm not getting the first one, with worldgen. Everything's running smoothly, in the standalone version, the steam (live) version and in the public preview. How strange. Just to be completely sure, could you:

• Erase or comment out (prefix by "--") the ForceEnabled line in modsettings.lua, if it's there.
  • Launch the game.
  • Disable the mod.
  • Close the game.
  • Launch the game again.
  • Enable the mod.
  • Try climbing a beanstalk.

What will Winnie be voiced with?

Since she's a girl, I'll suggest violin or piano, but I've always wanted to see a character voiced by guitar.

I vote for the voice of winie like a clarinet our ocarina

Winnie actually already has her own sound. It's like some kind of reaaaally high-pitched flute.

Not 3, the Winnie here is the Winny from the game. (The unimplemented one.)

Ahh, I misunderstood.

On topic however, this is looking beautiful. A long way to go, but I'd say you guys have acomplished a lot considering you are the pioneers of this stuff for DS. Love where this is going.

@lifemare

@debugman18

I believe I fixed the crash on new game in standalone. It was an issue with asset declaration. I was just adding tile assets to the table in worldtiledefs, since it greatly increases performance if compared to adding them to the mod. However, just doing that was triggering this crash (when the mod was enabled after the game had started). So now I'm adding them in both locations.

I still don't know why you're getting a crash at worldgen, lifemare. It really looks like the mod is getting disabled.

But we won't be adding her anytime soon, because I can't find her atlas anywhere...I think they took her out of the files or something.

I think you're right. I searched for the word "winnie" (and even for "win", "sheep" and "she") within all game files, including the unzipped anims, and all I could find was her sound file and her portrait. No sign of her atlas/build. I'm hoping someone will have a snapshot of an old version of the game which still has it, but that's a longshot.

EDIT: Just saw debugman's post, awesome. How far back do they go? (I keep code snapshots only, damn)

Edited by simplex