[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

Edit: Erm. The new update broke the AddGlobalClassPostConstruct which changes the title on the main screen.

It's not so much that the new update broke the postinit (except that it shouldn't be global anymore), but that the game itself is broken. Try running the public preview with all mods disabled. You'll also get the same crash. xDBut I'm sneaky and I used the mod to fix the game. Just force enable Up and Away and the game will run correctly (and with our main title)!

[*]My OCD was tormenting me about this, but is there any way that we could line up static in cloudream with rain in groundrealm? And since we have an animator, does that mean we could maybe have new animal models that aren't just copy-pastes from the vanilla ones? (or are there more problems of making new animal models?)

PLEASE DO THISSS...

After looking at the tools, lifemare noted it would be more difficult to make new animations from scratch.

My ideas usually suck, and i know debugman18 and Luggs already had plans for the Golden Lyre and Moose, but i was thinking it would be cool to have a Chester up there, and it occurred to me we could solve two problems at once (already having a duck mob and not having an awesome use for the Lyre):

The Lyre could be a found object equivalent to the eye bone, that would summon a Golden Moose that follows you around like Chester and allows you to store things in it.

There was a cool idea way back when caves came out. Sir Oswald from Lightport. Maybe he could be mobile warmth?
  • Like 1

There was a cool idea way back when caves came out. Sir Oswald from Lightport. Maybe he could be mobile warmth?

not really an issue, because the snowstorms arent implemented yet. Perhaps it could follow you around and provide an indication on when the static phase is about to come. Perhaps help you cut down trees/fight too, like pigmen?

not really an issue, because the snowstorms arent implemented yet. Perhaps it could follow you around and provide an indication on when the static phase is about to come. Perhaps help you cut down trees/fight too, like pigmen?

It's permawinter in the cloud realm.

After looking at the tools, lifemare noted it would be more difficult to make new animations from scratch.

For me, yes! But don't take my word for it! TheDanaAddams and other people more experienced in animation might actually find it easier. It's still too soon to say with certainty if the tools available will ever be a replacement for hand editing vanilla builds, i don't think they will... i think their purpose is opening an amazing door into modding completely different anims into DS, not making animation easy.

For me, yes! But don't take my word for it! TheDanaAddams and other people more experienced in animation might actually find it easier. It's still too soon to say with certainty if the tools available will ever be a replacement for hand editing vanilla builds, i don't think they will... i think their purpose is opening an amazing door into modding completely different anims into DS, not making animation easy.

Posted Image

I just had to.

• Like 3

´Well, how about if you store any food items in the Golden Moose they get consumed, and eventually it lays a permahot Heat Stone? (too weird?)

Don't know about changing its name though (even though that one sounds pretty cool), since it should be identifiable as the GG from the tale...

Edited by lifemare
  • Like 1

Posted Image

I just had to.

That fits, in the context of a collaboration.

On an aside, the only part of the cheshire cat suggested that is solid is the concept itself. The drop will probably be totally different.

@simplex

Moonwalking, sort of. They charge in place when they transform. I can't find the culprit. :/

@simplex I have the sudden urge to make Guard Pigs shout "You shall not pass." For adventure mode.

This game needs a Balrog. In the lava caves.And speaking of lava caves, the code infrastructure we're building here would easily cross over into making them. The prefabs and assets would be completely different, though. Edited by simplex
  • Like 3

I guess that makes us the Fellowship of the Bean!

Seriously, that could be our team's name. 

Three beans for the pigmen under the sky,Seven for the bunnymen in their halls of stone,Nine for gentlemen scientists doomed to die,One for the Maxwell on his dark throneIn the realm of Cloud and Darkness where They lie.One Magic Bean to rule them all, One Magic Bean to find them,One Magic Bean to bring them up and away bind themIn the realm of Cloud and Darkness where They lie.

EDIT: Argh, typo. Edited by simplex
  • Like 3