Floating 'glaciers' feel underdeveloped

Since the FrostJaw seems to be getting some attention, as evident by the ability to spawn in multiple of them, and them having unique appearance randomizations, I was hoping the Glaciers themselves could also be looked into.

Currently, they feel a bit undeveloped. Their art is currently an exact copy from the land glaciers, and mechanically they're pretty much identical to Sea Stacks, not even floating in the water!
image.png.9cf4844ee300bf1502fac7df58ba9924.png

I feel like this would be the perfect opportunity to revisit them, and give them a bit of depth.
Something I think would look super sick is if they extended a bit into the water, their current art doesn't exactly fit the ripples and clips a bit, on top of being low quality. (Also Glacier would be incorrect, they should be named icebergs, no?)
image.png.74dab75e50aed6a0aac9ed72c8be6976.png

I'd absolutely love to see the ice being able to be pushed around and float, like the Golden Buoys from the Year of the Dragonfly event.
If they wanted to, the could be made a bit more flavorful, sometimes having frozen fish or mobs inside that plop out when broken, even!
Maybe even freeing Gnarwails could befriend them for a bit? Something simple and fun. But that's all extra, I'm just hoping they can be given fun floating physics and a new coat of paint.
Something they could do would be like these concepts made by a very kind stranger.

SharkBoiSuggestions.png.02717ff78326bef63311f2a1b7bd6dfb.png

• Like 59
  • Health 2

you know what, for once I wouldn't really mind this. Floating mini glaciers are fine and dandy to me but these glacier sketches you did are really good, sells the idea a lot better.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Since the FrostJaw seems to be getting some attention, as evident by the ability to spawn in multiple of them, and them having unique appearance randomizations, I was hoping the Glaciers themselves could also be looked into.

Currently, they feel a bit undeveloped. Their art is currently an exact copy from the land glaciers, and mechanically they're pretty much identical to Sea Stacks, not even floating in the water!
image.png.9cf4844ee300bf1502fac7df58ba9924.png

I feel like this would be the perfect opportunity to revisit them, and give them a bit of depth.
Something I think would look super sick is if they extended a bit into the water, their current art doesn't exactly fit the ripples and clips a bit, on top of being low quality. (Also Glacier would be incorrect, they should be named icebergs, no?)
image.png.74dab75e50aed6a0aac9ed72c8be6976.png

I'd absolutely love to see the ice being able to be pushed around and float, like the Golden Buoys from the Year of the Dragonfly event.
If they wanted to, the could be made a bit more flavorful, sometimes having frozen fish or mobs inside that plop out when broken, even!
Maybe even freeing Gnarwails could befriend them for a bit? Something simple and fun. But that's all extra, I'm just hoping they can be given fun floating physics and a new coat of paint.
Something they could do would be like these concepts made by a very kind stranger.

SharkBoiSuggestions.png.02717ff78326bef63311f2a1b7bd6dfb.png

I love the idea, we could also have "frozen" some items for survivors or bootlegs gateway! I would like to see a unique or special items that could be part of qol.

• Like 2
  • Sanity 2

Oh don't worry I'm sure thay'll have their glow-up one day.

Maybe in 4 years, like Bearnie, but it will happend

Maybe we'll even see them appearing throughout the ocean during winter