If you had to remove 1 DST character who would it be?

Remove 1 DST Character  

140 members have voted

1. 1. If you HAD to completely remove/delete a character from DST who would you scrap?

• Wilson
    • Willow
    • Webber
    • Wurt
    • Wes
    • Warly
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Wickerbottom
    • Woodie
    • Wendy
    • Wolfgang
    • WX-87
    • Wortox
    • Wormwood
    • Winona
    • Wanda
    • Walter

I hate Warly, I mean I’ve tried to like them as a character… but whoa man are they the most boring character in the entire game, even Wes (after he got his rework) has a more unique and fun playstyle.

Warly is just.. Offff all around bad.

And I can make PLENTY of suggestions to improve him, such as letting him have special cooking mechanics similar to the Masonry Oven for WF event.

That way a whole group of players (who can now actually sit at tables in chairs lol’z) can “Feast” to get buffs off his food dishes (same way a group of players can feast on WF tables)

Warlys entire playstyle should’ve just been the whole WF Masonry oven & Buffet table stuff.

I hate that he’s so… bland.

Funny, he’s supposed to be the character whose most familiar with spice.

• Like 2
  • Wavey 2
  • Shopcat 2
  • Spooky 1

Wortox. Because then it would remove Walter, Wanda, and the RPG-ification of the entire DST cast. It would also remove character skills too and reworks and then we would've had more game content instead.

Though I would prefer remove the beefalo trader guy then skins wouldn't exist and DST wouldn't be a mega-base barbie dress up simulator.

Edited by . . .
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, . . . said:

Wortox. Because then it would remove Walter, Wanda, and the RPG-ification of the entire DST cast.

Huh? how would wortox result in DST being RPG-like?

Just now, Hi. said:

Huh? how would wortox result in DST being RPG-like?

His abilities drastically made the game easier and are completely broken compared to the OG vanilla cast abilities then Klei adopted later the mentality of "make everyone OP then nobody is OP"

Just now, . . . said:

His abilities drastically made the game easier and are completely broken compared to the OG vanilla cast abilities then Klei adopted later the mentality of "make everyone OP then nobody is OP"

IMO wortox is a very boring character. I used to think he was op but when I actually played him he didn't really feel that "op" 

44 minutes ago, Hi. said:

IMO wortox is a very boring character. I used to think he was op but when I actually played him he didn't really feel that "op" 

I guess OPness is subjective for each person then.

to me OPness of a character is if they trivialize the survival aspect of the game which is basically how easy they are able to survive if you slapped them anywhere random in the world. Wortox to me is the most OP because he has basically infinite source of hunger and health using monsters/mobs which are very easy to farm and he has a teleport which is super versatile movement allowing doing things which would be inconvenient for other characters easily and i almost forgot he has fast travel too which is super op to me.

like with wortox if you have a fire pit and few flowers or a weapon and a spiderden then that's all you need to survive until summer. you're never going to die if you aren't a noob lol

Edited by . . .
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, . . . said:

to me OPness of a character is if they trivialize the survival aspect of the game which is basically how easy they are able to survive if you slapped them anywhere random in the world. Wortox to me is the most OP because he has basically infinite source of hunger and health using monsters/mobs which are very easy to farm and he has a teleport which is super versatile movement allowing doing things which would be inconvenient for other characters easily and i almost forgot he has fast travel too which is super op to me.

like with wortox if you have a fire pit and few flowers or a weapon and a spiderden then that's all you need to survive until summer. you're never going to die if you aren't a noob lol

I do understand where you are coming from. Wortox is op in a sense of survival. All you have to do is live near a swamp and farm tons of souls. You never need an ice box lol. But IMO being op is when a character is easily able to kill any boss or overcome challenges without much skill involved. I consider wolfgang op because he can get 2x damage for free pretty much at the start of the game, all you need to do is lift a dumbel for a few seconds. I feel like damage boosts must be earned and not just given (like warly)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WhackE said:

People who voted for Wes, just know that I will come for you and this is a promise.

First, let me take care of people who voted Walter then Ill be ready for you.

• Ninja 1

23 minutes ago, . . . said:

All character in DST including Wes are OP in a Survival gameplay status, (not including Bosses) I can say this with the Utmost Confidence because of the way DSTs AI And Mobs actually “Work”

Most of the mobs in DST are passive unless you attack them or you trigger a very specific event (such as carrying meats around Bunnyman or being Wortox around Pigmen lol)

But they all, every single one of them… will drop aggro from the player and try to return back to I guess you can call it their “Outpost” that they’re defending.

Like for example, you step on a spider dens web, 3 spiders come out.. run far enough away from them though, and they’ll retreat back to their nest.

I’ve been playing a lot of other survival games lately (namely Minecraft & the Survivalists) and I’ve noticed that having more frequent enemy threats, that don’t just drop aggro from the player- Makes a TON of Difference.

I know Klei loves DS, but it’s a dated concept from like 2015.

I used to despise the MacTusks as my sworn enemy because I thought they were the one mob in the game that would chase the player relentlessly. I now know: That lure a MacTusk far enough away from its camp, and you can get free hits on it as it tries to return home.

Its the small things like this that shows DSTs aging concept… and it’s a damn shame that all the cool new stuff has to be locked behind a bazillion boss fights and late-game rifts.

This is all just my opinion of course, :) 

• Wavey 2

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

All character in DST including Wes are OP in a Survival gameplay status, (not including Bosses) I can say this with the Utmost Confidence because of the way DSTs AI And Mobs actually “Work”

Ya, I mean if you're good at the game any of the characters can trivialize stuff, but still to me I feel wortox is extra baby-mode since he can get 20hp / 25 hunger from killing anything. if dst was a competitive game i would call him p2survive lol

5 hours ago, WhackE said:

People who voted for Wes, just know that I will come for you and this is a promise.

He is an unfortunate straggler that is trying his best.

Overall, every character in my opinion has good gameplay except my least favorite and repetitive characters: Warly and Wendy. In my opinion, Wendy won’t have much until her skill tree, which is problematic more Abigail stuff… Don’t get me started in Warly. Farming way too many vegetables to get good buffs, but after cooking about 3 bundles of his food, you switch to a different character to abuse the foods. It’s like Winona but even more used. Even actually trying to play him is incredibly boring, which is also why I chose Wendy as a least favorite as well. 

Walter is fine. If your on Woby with a cheap and powerful ranged weapon, you shouldn’t get hit as much. Even if you do, the PORTABLE tent negates those negative effects, and provides his teammates too with campfire stories. Just my opinion tho. 

Edited by Trontar
  • Like 1
  • Wavey 1

I put Wilson, but that's more a default option - not too much of a fan of him, imo his skill tree made him seem more interesting. If we're talking about which character SHOULD be removed from the game; I'd go for Wendy. Fun, sure, but she lets players feel competent against the small-horde like mobs which tricks them into thinking that they know how to fight - just trying to say that she teaches terrible habits that will not extend into the late game and leave players not understanding how to fight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, . . . said:

Ya, I mean if you're good at the game any of the characters can trivialize stuff, but still to me I feel wortox is extra baby-mode since he can get 20hp / 25 hunger from killing anything. if dst was a competitive game i would call him p2survive lol

except he sucks if you know anything at all about how to play the game because it's better to stockpile normal food instead of constantly killing things even when there aren't any nearby so you need to go out of your way to get souls and killing nightmares even when you don't need nf and everyone can use blue shrooms except the char that has infinite healing on cd and the char that gets healed after hitting most things that can be hit and getting souls for teleports often wastes more time than teleporting saves

• Like 1