The Lunar Siphonator's crafting recipe should be reverted for the first moonstrom

I feel like the in-universe importance of the Alter awakening is severely underutilized and the fact that now you can spend less time in the one thing that it offers - the moonstorm, is not helping with this problem.

I feel like the first time around the 3x captured static should remain the crafting recipe for the siphonator. Make it easier for the future CC fights, sure; but keep the first fight more time-consuming to get to

(I've only seen the beta footage so Idk if that isn't the case already)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 1

bird minigame is just obnoxious and wagstaff sometimes spawns the static on top of a spider den or a spring beefalo herd so don't do that

• Like 4

I actually would like this! I've grinded the moonstorm a lot so this was a long time coming for me to ease up on shard farming. But I do think the past cost was perfectly time consuming as a first time event and get players ingrained into the world and event. I fear the new changes might make the experience too short at first for new comers! Then again gleams weren't changed and those do still take quite some time to gather (Solo, anyways)

Spoiler

Anywhos, tangentially related. Glad my stockpile of 300 statics value was increased by 300%, muahahahahha

InsaneBoat.png.cf60363195138fd2ccd988c63e24adae.png

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Hunger 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

I thought it was what they did initially. Trivializing the Moonstorm this much the first time isn't important, only later I can agree.

• Like 4

I agree, I've always wanted the costs to be lowered after the first time through.
Like you're learning from experience and know how to build it better the next time around!

• Like 3

Nah, doing it three times doesn't add anything imo. Most of the people saying it's fine is people I know for a fact play with friends. The experience has always been so frustrating solo.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Nah, doing it three times doesn't add anything imo. Most of the people saying it's fine is people I know for a fact play with friends. The experience has always been so frustrating solo.

Wrong opinion, sorry

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Spool 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Sad Dupe 1
  • Spooky 1

40 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Wrong opinion, sorry

I used my all my skill point on the "good opinions" branch of my skill tree, sorry but that's just not possible.

:wilson_flower:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • GL Happy 2

9 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I used my all my skill point on the "good opinions" branch of my skill tree, sorry but that's just not possible.

I used 'em on the "complete irrelevancy" branch. I am now master of irrelevancy!!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Nuh uh. I play solo and think that the previous moonstorm is fine, for the first time per playthrough. 

I will survive without needing that reverted even if it's for the first storm. Three of those minigames is too much of a drag to want to grind. I'd be okay I guess if it's one time thing and only cheaper ones there on, but meeeeeeeeeeeh.

Can u get all 8 pieces of scrap from the junkpiles without fighting the werepig?

Or did the CC questline just get two bosses added to it out of nowhere lol. 

I prefer 3 statics over this tbh. Statics r the easy and fast part in my experience. Its the waiting around for gleams and shards that just takes forever and that wasnt changed. 

come to think of it i really dont see how this is an improvement in any way.

When repeating the fight, Instead of doing 2 extra statics while ur getting gleams and shards anyway, now u have to wait for wagstaff to appear and find his junk or fight cyborg werepig and this also means u have to sacrifice getting warbis/warbis repair to do CC… what the hell lol am i missing something? 

statics become especially easy when repeating CC after u get BS gear…

Edited by Ohan

7 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Can u get all 8 pieces of scrap from the junkpiles without fighting the werepig?

Why would you not want to “fight” the werepig for scrap? Unless you are super strapped for time, you can easily get dozens per day from baiting the werepig’s attack. It’s much better then needing to wait around for the 3 statics, and is far less time consuming.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

Why would you not want to “fight” the werepig for scrap? Unless you are super strapped for time, you can easily get dozens per day from baiting the werepig’s attack. It’s much better then needing to wait around for the 3 statics, and is far less time consuming.

Devs said during the stream u’ll have to fight NMP before scrap pig appears on the surface

U can do statics while gathering gleams and charged glass. 

the statics r literally the part u do not have to wait for. U finish one and a new storm pops up for the next. While gleams trickle in slooooowly one by one if ur solo 

11 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Devs said during the stream u’ll have to fight NMP before scrap pig appears on the surface

U can do statics while gathering gleams and charged glass. 

the statics r literally the part u do not have to wait for. U finish one and a new storm pops up for the next. While gleams trickle in slooooowly one by one if ur solo 

I think you can also scrounge for scrap in the piles before he shows up. Giving you scrap without having to fight him. But I'm not 100%

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

I think you can also scrounge for scrap in the piles before he shows up. Giving you scrap without having to fight him. But I'm not 100%

25% chance so they only get renewed with time, but werepig is always in the pile either way, it exists both, there and in caves

1 hour ago, Ohan said:

prefer 3 statics over this tbh. Statics r the easy and fast part in my experience. Its the waiting around for gleams and shards that just takes forever and that wasnt changed. 

I always get more mats than statics

11 hours ago, arubaro said:

I always get more mats than statics

One can also try to get materials while doing the bird tower defense.

Sure, it is quite hard and annoying but I'd say that that's part of the fun

At the end of the day my suggestion is just a compromise between the new moonstorm and the old one and I don't really see any reason not to add it. After all AF fight also gets easier after you defeat him once

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

One can also try to get materials while doing the bird tower defense.

Sure, it is quite hard and annoying but I'd say that that's part of the fun

At the end of the day my suggestion is just a compromise between the new moonstorm and the old one and I don't really see any reason not to add it. After all AF fight also gets easier after you defeat him once

I agree that is sad that to dont interact with it that much the first time but i dont like something suddenly changing the recipe mid game.  And, if we think about it, a lot of people will farm more than 1 fight even the first time to get the crown plus some extra shards so, atleast in my case, if i start a new world o wont farm one estatic and shut down the moonstorms asap

I am so tired of that minigame that it really isn't fun for me to do, It would not be a huge problem for me if it stays 3 statics for the first CC but really why? 

It is always the same and nothing changes with the minigame, you can do it as many times as you want but I don't think we need to slow people down from first CC kill or for it to be more difficult.

More items/content can be added to moonstorm so that players want to spend time there and not be forced to.

7 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

I don't think we need to slow people down from first CC kill or for it to be more difficult

With the change u’ll have to kill NMP and then scrap pig to get enough scrap though

or u need to be really lucky with the small scrap piles or wait for the big one to regenerate for 25% chance at a scrap. 

and when u want to repeat u need to wait for wagstaff to spawn his junk or wait for scrap pig to respawn. And its not clear yet if ull have to kill NMP again before he can spawn as scrap pig. 

I dont see how this is an improvement in any way. I could always get three statics before i had all the gleams and glass. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohan said:

dont see how this is an improvement in any way. I could always get three statics before i had all the gleams and glass

This

Unless they make scrap a no time gatekeeper material i dont see how changing statics to scrap is an improvement. Before this change i always fought 2 or 3 cc in a row but now i see myself wasting green gems to dupe scrap to accomplish the same

Actually I think the required amount of infused shards and gleams should also be cut down a little to match the reduced need of venturing the moonstorm.