The game is turning into a mess. All what was once built is now being destroyed. We don't know what Klei's intention, mission and philosophy is anymore.

19 minutes ago, SapoLover said:

You can't satisfy everyone. Before, Klei was focusing in early/mid-game content. People complained about the lack of things to do in late, and now that they are doing it, people are complaining about the lack of updates for early/mid-game.

I am not "complaining" about free updates. I am saying that these new things getting added are making the already existing features of the game feel like they need an update. And adressing those first would be better. I know that they won't deviate from their plans, I just want this to be talked about and noticed. Then one day we'll get a nice revamp. Maybe after this arc is done is 2 or 3 years.

They gotta take as much time as they need.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swiyss said:

Here's a petition to remove the word "Uncompromising" from DST. The last gazillion additions to the game are ALL making the game easy.

Hey man, have you heard of this little project called "Uncompromising Mode" it's pretty small project by a small dev team so you probably haven't heard of it. But let's just say it put's the uncompromising back in Uncompromising survival.

30 minutes ago, WhackE said:

Hey man, have you heard of this little project called "Uncompromising Mode" it's pretty small project by a small dev team so you probably haven't heard of it. But let's just say it put's the uncompromising back in Uncompromising survival.

I played that mod and it is disappointing. I picked wes, only to get 4 nightmare creatures at me, and 2 of them new ones were extremely ugly and unfair. I don't want something impossible to fight wih only 1 option to fight it to exist. I actually want creative ways to overcome them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swiyss said:

The thing is, they didn't add this before, but are doing it now.

They should ATLEAST, BARE MINIMUM give us a lore explanation

If not, everything feels completely out of place. Except for the frozen fishing ponds for example.. that type of added content is simple and yet still in place.

I know that the beta isn't even out yet, but I wanted to say these things before release. Some of these issues seem to repeat itself. The same thing happening.

DST was created in like 2015, using the map and level design pulled directly from DS a game made in 2013… but it is now 2024 and things change ALOT over 10 years.

Klei probably ultimately had a vision for DS/DST (you can look at game art concepts and scrapped content to see that) and the games cinematic trailers/in-game vignettes give us a glimpse of what the world of Dont Starve is actually supposed to look and feel like.

But actual gameplay, up until recently has left a lot to be desired, biomes felt empty and uninteresting, some still do.. but the new Scrapyard thing isn’t actually a “new” concept, this has been at least in concept artwork dating all the way back to original DS.

Its important that I mention that things that maybe just weren’t possible Back then due to technical limitations or hardware restraints, Klei maybe has more knowledge over, they have after all been heavily optimizing older content to perform better.

Some people are against rot disappearing in rain, but it’s a clear indication that Klei is aiming to remove some of the performance dipping issues the game has had for forever.

And I don’t want to get anyone too terribly hyped because often times my intuition can be wrong, but I have this funny unshakeable feeling that the reasons WHY they’re doing all this optimization of older content is because there’s some juicy stuff coming in the near future that would further strain the game if previous things weren’t optimized better.

Its hard to explain but lots of players have been crying for a RWYS style Combat update, and I just don’t think they’ve ever actually sit down and thought about how much strain that would put on the game if the previous stuff was not optimized.

Like I said, don’t get too hyped…

But rot decaying on its own, and chests that hold more stuff so players aren’t just throwing it all on the ground points towards bigger things coming.

Be that a combat overhaul, Adding moving waves to the games empty ocean, old mobs getting updated combat mechanics or brand new animation designs (such as fire hound now looking like a Borderlands Fire Skag with cool Fireattacks or whatever) whatever is coming… mark my words it’s about to be absolutely huge…

but before we can ever reach that point, other things need better optimization first.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

DST was created in like 2015, using the map and level design pulled directly from DS a game made in 2013… but it is now 2024 and things change ALOT over 10 years.

Klei probably ultimately had a vision for DS/DST (you can look at game art concepts and scrapped content to see that) and the games cinematic trailers/in-game vignettes give us a glimpse of what the world of Dont Starve is actually supposed to look and feel like.

But actual gameplay, up until recently has left a lot to be desired, biomes felt empty and uninteresting, some still do.. but the new Scrapyard thing isn’t actually a “new” concept, this has been at least in concept artwork dating all the way back to original DS.

Its important that I mention that things that maybe just weren’t possible Back then due to technical limitations or hardware restraints, Klei maybe has more knowledge over, they have after all been heavily optimizing older content to perform better.

Some people are against rot disappearing in rain, but it’s a clear indication that Klei is aiming to remove some of the performance dipping issues the game has had for forever.

And I don’t want to get anyone too terribly hyped because often times my intuition can be wrong, but I have this funny unshakeable feeling that the reasons WHY they’re doing all this optimization of older content is because there’s some juicy stuff coming in the near future that would further strain the game if previous things weren’t optimized better.

Its hard to explain but lots of players have been crying for a RWYS style Combat update, and I just don’t think they’ve ever actually sit down and thought about how much strain that would put on the game if the previous stuff was not optimized.

Like I said, don’t get too hyped…

But rot decaying on its own, and chests that hold more stuff so players aren’t just throwing it all on the ground points towards bigger things coming.

Be that a combat overhaul, Adding moving waves to the games empty ocean, old mobs getting updated combat mechanics or brand new animation designs (such as fire hound now looking like a Borderlands Fire Skag with cool Fireattacks or whatever) whatever is coming… mark my words it’s about to be absolutely huge…

but before we can ever reach that point, other things need better optimization first.

They could've added shulker boxes to dst. Would've been better.

1 hour ago, WhackE said:

Hey man, have you heard of this little project called "Uncompromising Mode" it's pretty small project by a small dev team so you probably haven't heard of it. But let's just say it put's the uncompromising back in Uncompromising survival

(many of the changes are aimed at people who are also bad at the unmodded game though, like meatballs, ice filler, birds and rabbits sniping, wortox etc. nerfs that won't even affect you if you know how to play, with some things being made easier and more boring like BQ, and some being made primarily to waste your time like things not burning in winter, so you're forced to use 55 degrees max campfires/stars instead of 90 degrees trees or stack 3 stars at once, living trees' attack that doesn't prevent you from chopping them anyway and only makes you spend more time doing that and rat raids that force you to use chests which slow down how quickly you can get stuff from base and force you to waste time holding space near trees, and some simply removing strats like max hp damage for starvation that doesn't allow you to eat things that increase your hp by a large amount after you lose some hp by starving if you couldn't fit all their healing into the hp bar before starving, probably also FW without purple amulet not working anymore)

Edited by grm9
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

2 minutes ago, grm9 said:

(many of the changes are aimed at people who are also bad at the unmodded game though, like meatballs, ice filler, birds and rabbits sniping, wortox etc. nerfs that won't even affect you if you know how to play, with some things being made easier and more boring like BQ, and some being made primarily to waste your time like things not burning in winter, so you're forced to use 55 degrees max campfires/stars instead of 90 degrees trees or stack 3 stars at once, and rat raids, that force you to use chests which slow down how quickly you can get stuff from base and force you to waste time holding space near trees, and some simply removing strats like max hp damage for starvation that doesn't allow you to eat things that increase your hp by a large amount after you lose some hp by starving if you couldn't fit all their healing into the hp bar before starving, probably also FW without purple amulet not working anymore)

That mod is an example that any extreme is unhealthy. Sure you can get "used" to the things there, and later they will get easier for you. But it is not made with the intention of having a good experience, rather a bad one. Original ds atleast has both sides of it. Which is great for everyone, in every moment.

Same as life, there are moments to cry, and moments to be happy. A time to relax and a time to work. A time to sleep and a time to be awake. The original game respects you in that sense atleast.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Swiyss said:

Here's a petition to remove the word "Uncompromising" from DST. The last gazillion additions to the game are ALL making the game easy.

Uncompromising does not mean hard.  IMO this is the greatest sin of the Uncompromising Mod ppl.

Uncompromising means unforgiving.  If you make a mistake, you are punished for it.  And in this case, DST is definitely still uncompromising.

The game could be made more difficult - and I definitely agree this is an area where Klei is struggling.  But Uncompromising does not mean difficult.

42 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

I played that mod and it is disappointing. I picked wes, only to get 4 nightmare creatures at me, and 2 of them new ones were extremely ugly and unfair. I don't want something impossible to fight wih only 1 option to fight it to exist. I actually want creative ways to overcome them.

This is the irony of "difficulty."  For a lot of game design, especially with stuff like UncompMod "difficulty" is synonymous with "do it our way."  Its less about something being hard, more about there being a "right" way to do things, and trying to do them any other way gets punished.  Once you find the "right" way the thing is no longer hard, but you also realized you have no options or variety..

Hard things don't have to reduce options, but in order to do that you need to get creative in giving players different viable tools for handling the job.  Ironically Klei did a pretty good job of this through most of DST's life.  It was only with the AG rework, NMWP, and the Zombosses that our fights started getting restrictive to be "hard."  Rather than a puzzle like Bee Queen that you could solve with minions, other bosses, walls, ovens, pan flutes, etc - and every time new content got released like Wormwood's or Willow's skill tree new tech could be uncovered - we got these scripted "dodge this, do that, get a stun, hold F" fights that can really only be done 1 way and really... really start to feel repetitive pretty quickly.

4 hours ago, Swiyss said:

I've been calling these issues for months here in the forums and I don't even get feedback from klei. Can't they even type "no"? so that we can direct our focus on other areas? I made a thousand questions that weren't answered in the stream, and they simply hide behind the corner saying "we got no more questions, haha".

It is smart that Klei does not respond to us on the forums, or anywhere about our suggestions.  They read them, take comfort in that.  They read them, see all of our takes, and they do include that in their decisions of how they develop the game.  If you NEEEDEEEEEDEEDEDD a Klei Dev to say "good boy" and pat you on the head to feel good about yourself, then you will only be disappointed.

If you make a thread and get no engagement from other players, perhaps consider why.  It is probably because the way you describe your idea is either too mild, or uninteresting so people don't feel any reason to read or respond to it.  You don't "deserve" a response from anyone, you have to speak close enough to their interests for them to join in the conversation.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Aren’t RogueLites/likes supposed to have unfair mechanics in them? And believe it or not.. some people are actually INTO THAT.

No, they aren't.  In fact Roguelikes are usually pretty fair, just difficult.  Unfair difficulty usually ends a game b/c people feel the detachment between their own performance and their ability to succeed, and move on.  It feels more like gambling then playing a game.  Roguelikes are mostly highly skill based, not luck based.

Edited by Yuuko
  • Like 9
  • Big Ups 1

"Slippery slope". That's the crux of matter: once "the flood gates are open", with time, will lead to "everything goes" - at least in theory.

Funny thing, I used to look peculiar at all those "but this is supposed to be an uncompromising wilderness survival game, REEE" seemingly alarmists, akin to Uncompromising Mode's devs and their "knee-jerk reactions" - like "drama lamas" exaggerating all stuff. Joke's on me, turned out they were "a canary in the coal mine". I don't remember what was first, "the big moment of ridiculous mod-type downhill" I noticed in DST updates, a la lifting an eyebrow in vexed inquisitiveness; but the characters rework buffs (then Skill Trees rounding up even more the buff side) with almost no development into needed downsides, at all, now strike the mind like a pinpoint. We reached infinite-capacity chests level presently. 999 slots visually, but factual infinite. Remember those silly 999-inventory vapid mods? Yeah, we're there, apparently. And of course will not be the end - in this regard KLei could very well add the "extra inventory" (Armor separated from Clothing, both equipable at same time) since was already hinted by art, and "what would be the harm in it, just fun options". "False equivalency"? Highly doubt it after next Beta preview. What can I write more? Yes, DST's entertainment should not be second to strict numerical balance, yet we passed that milestone long ago. I do hope KLei will reconsider this road's direction, and at least remain, in aforementioned "infinite chest" case, to a more reasonable - as reasonable as 999-elements-per-stack can be - upper limit. Almost 9000 stacked items per chest is waaaaay more than 99% of bulk player-base could ever need or use in reasonable balanced manner. In this context I almost feel ashamed to even mention "balanced" or "reasonable" anymore... Like grading with a serious face "Fire Re-spawn" or "One Punch Man" mods.

Edited by MondayNight
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Yuuko said:

If you NEEEDEEEEEDEEDEDD a Klei Dev to say "good boy" and pat you on the head to feel good about yourself, then you will only be disappointed

Haha. Fair enough, but my comment was talking even about a "no" response. Still, I don't wanna force them to say anything.

6 minutes ago, MondayNight said:

"Slippery slope". That's the crux of matter: once "the flood gates are open", with time, will lead to "everything goes" - at least in theory.

Funny thing, I used to look peculiar at all those "but this is supposed to be an uncompromising wilderness survival game, REEE" seemingly alarmists, akin to Uncompromising Mode's devs and their "knee-jerk reactions", like "drama lamas" exaggerating all stuff. Joke's on me, turned out they were "a canary in the coal mine". I don't remember what was first, "the big moment of ridiculous mod-type downhill" I noticed in DST updates, a la lifting an eyebrow in vexed inquisitiveness; but the characters rework buffs (then Skill Trees rounding up even more the buff side) with almost no development into needed downsides, at all, now strike the mind like a pinpoint. We reached infinite-capacity chests level presently. 999 slots visually, but factual infinite. Remember those silly 999-inventory vapid mods? Yeah, we're there, apparently. And of course will not be the end. What can I write more? Yeah, entertaining should not be second to strict numerical balance, yet we passed that point long ago. I do hope KLei will reconsider this road's direction, and at least remain, in aforementioned "infinite chest" case, to a more reasonable - as reasonable as 999 elements per stack can be - upper limit. Almost 9000 stacked items per chest is waaaaay more than 99% of bulk player-base could ever need or use in reasonable balanced manner. In this context I almost feel ashamed to even mention "balanced" or "reasonable" anymore... Like grading with a serious face "Fire Re-spawn" or "One Punch Man" mods.

I cannot stop laughing, seriously. You made my day man, thank you!

6 minutes ago, MondayNight said:

We reached infinite-capacity chests level presently. 999 slots visually, but factual infinite. Remember those silly 999-inventory vapid mods? Yeah, we're there, apparently

the difference is that you can't carry those chests and you can already put an infinite amount of things onto the ground since they have no collision

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

Haha. Fair enough, but my comment was talking even about a "no" response. Still, I don't wanna force them to say anything.

Saying "no" is still a response.  It is best they give no response, and just develop the game.  The PR overhead to manage the forums with an open dialogue would be a nightmare at this point.  Just look what what a mountain some players are making out of their infinite chest - something that is end game, when people are just mega basing and looping content anyway... and you have no clue how expensive it is!  If its a spark ark per chest these are not going to flood games lol

fr - when people get to end game, there are some concessions that are good to make.  One of those is storage.  We need better storage options for all of the hounds teeth, bs plant materials, rots, etc that are piling up - taking multiple dfly chests just to contain a single item b/c it stacks so low.  So they put in and infinite chest upgrade.  Now you can put these endlessly piling up items that would lag down servers away, improve performance, tidy up the game space, and let players focus on the parts of the game that are fun rather than "where do I put the 2000 rot I have piled up b/c it just never goes away and I don't want to burn it."

Edited by Yuuko
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Yuuko said:

Saying "no" is still a response.  It is best they give no response, and just develop the game.  The PR overhead to manage the forums with an open dialogue would be a nightmare at this point.  Just look what what a mountain some players are making out of their infinite chest - something that is end game, when people are just mega basing and looping content anyway... and you have no clue how expensive it is!  If its a spark ark per chest these are not going to flood games lol

fr - when people get to end game, there are some concessions that are good to make.  One of those is storage.  We need better storage options for all of the hounds teeth, bs plant materials, rots, etc that are piling up - taking multiple dfly chests just to contain a single item b/c it stacks so low.  So they put in and infinite chest upgrade, so you can put these endlessly piling up items that lag down servers away, improve performance, tidy up the game space, and let players focus on the parts of the game that are fun rather than "where do I put the 2000 rot I have piled up b/c it just never goes away and I don't want to burn it."

Yn, I just feel like the sole idea of it being infinite is already bad. 999 wouldn't hurt anyone. Honestly, everyone would rather then have only 3 of those for all items in the game, and the rest put on regular ones, doesn't make sense to me.

And yeah I agree with you.

With the "no" thing, I supposed you wouldn't get, but sorry for not explaining it further. The thing is, I kinda said I want them to respond me. But I meant through roadmaps, shorts, livestreams. A post in a forum saying "yes, we will do that" would be actually really bad. My "no" thing is that I would accept even a No response to our questions in either of those previously mentioned platforms, like they did with the Wilson question which generated a whole  fruitful discussion here. See how much impact could be made?

If they said they don't want to impact the community like that, then that's fine. Atleast take in consideration the "big" point some people here make. Sometimes I reply to posts wanting to hear more about it, but unsuccessfully due to the lack of interest, even being that topic extremely important, not my posts but all in general.

Idk, if they said the impact is not that great, then I believe them.

17 minutes ago, grm9 said:

the difference is that you can't carry those chests and you can already put an infinite amount of things onto the ground since they have no collision

If someone would've told me even 1 year ago "KLei will introduce infinite-capacity chests", I would've laughed in their face at the ridiculousness of it. "There's an obvious KLei-quality between their level of work and that drivelling-to-put-it-midly Steam Workshop" I would've, rightly-so, retorted. Now... oh, my, now!

Sure, you can bend harder than a pretzel to justify it, since it's very convenient. And monumentally silly looking at DS's ethos.

Edited by MondayNight
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MondayNight said:

If someone would've told me even 1 year ago "KLei will introduce infinite-capacity chests", I would've laughed in their face at the ridiculousness of it. "There's an obvious KLei-quality between their level of work and that drivelling-to-put-it-midly Steam Workshop" I would've, rightly-so, retorted. Now... oh, my, now!

Sure, you can bend harder than a pretzel to justify it, since it's very convenient. And monumentally silly looking at DS's ethos

it definitely doesn't make the game easier though, i didn't use chests before and i probably won't even after the update

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, grm9 said:

it definitely doesn't make the game easier though, i didn't use chests before and i probably won't even after the update

"Slippery slope" - do you think this is the end? Wait till Max's Skill Tree comes. Or Wicker's.

"We now have infinite-capacity chests, we might as well add this new thing too, or that... people will love it!"

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

2 minutes ago, MondayNight said:

"Slippery slope" - do you think this is the end? Wait till Max's Skill Tree comes. Or Wicker's.

"We now have infinite-capacity chests, we might as well add this new thing too, or that... people will love it!"

The day dst dies.

• Shopcat 1

3 hours ago, Swiyss said:

Ok ok. Imagine if........... (play the drums)................ they add godmode to survival!!!!! 

What? I never ever thought that ANYONE would think this is a bad idea?!!?? No no no no. This is actually VERY balanced and extremely O.K. why would one NOT want to be invincible, right? Ha ha ha. It is NOT like this TOTALLY INTENDED feature disregards a ton of other survival fundamentals of the game.

All I can say is that, when my brain was developing, I only studied, played and thought about dont starve. This is why I am somewhat thoughtful about these things. I literally cannot process.

But if klei says they want it because why not, then whatever, what can I do.

…Are you seriously comparing godmode to a lategame chest upgrade that holds an infinite amount of nine items??? i know the forums can be Silly, but this is a whole other level….

You still have to get the item in the first place to put in the chest. The only difference is that instead of having multiple chests to store the item in, you just store the same amount of items in one chest. It will not magically make everything dangerous in the world vaporize because you store 1936 twigs in one slot in a chest, especially one that’s supposedly lategame. This isn’t accounting for the fact this very likely won’t assist for things that don’t already stack, such as equipment and the like.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

There are ALOT of Factors that goes into a huge storage box that holds infinite?? Storage.. First of all it’ll probably more reasonably cap the resources stored in it to 999. But here are the things Klei probably HAVENT Taken into consideration-

How Will this new chest effect boats? (assuming it can even be placed on a boat..)

The entire point of needing to build more storage chests is to store more items. And there’s only so many chests you can fit on a boat.

Well there was… until we got one that’s coming with infinite?? Storage.

Not really, though? I very rarely use more than 1-2 chests on a boat, and that covers me for more than enough of my boating trips. If I needed to store more items on a boat, i simply neatly stack items on top of each other without much worry, as long as I can still interact with my masts just fine. I do admit I think part of this is just a difference in a keyboard vs. controller issue again, which is a bit of a shame.

And one of the things I’m personally immediately questioning- Wait so you’re telling me there’s this infinite storage chest coming, but Maxwells Shadow Storage doesn’t do that?? something just feels off here.

I doubt they would do that. The difference between the shadow storage and the infinite chest is the chest just kinda stays there, while the Magician box could theoretically be available anywhere the player desires. It doesn’t make as much sense logic wise, but I feel this kind of thing is understandable in a gameplay sense.

And yes I TOTALLY feel like the Mega Big Chest (that’s the official name I’m calling it by from this point forward) is only being added to the game to cater to Megabasers.

Considering this was shown off in the section with the sprayer to help with plant based decor lategame, and they are items for people who “go that far”, I would say thats fairly spot on. These are not items that players will really need for the first few hundred days. These are more for people who go the extra mile and play for thousands of days.

Personally, I like that, and I know a lot of people who like having QOL content like that. I know a lot of the people on the forums here have their opinions on megabases, but it’s still a very noteworthy part of the playerbase, especially with streamers and the communities around those streamers. People have wanted things like this for quite awhile now, so it’s not very surprising they throw a few bones to the megabase community every now and then (like with the dreadstone pillars a few months back).

Edited by Maxil20
  • Like 5

One thing I will say is that Dst is definitelly starting to lose its... idk, aesthetic, vibe???

This is definitelly not the right word for this but I do not know how to describe it.

Ever since singleplayer RoG Don't Starve have always felt to me kinda like being in a rural home, late autumn night, watching an old movie on a crt TV in, like, 1990s Eastern Europe (though that is just my take on it, as I was not even alive back then). Esspecially the Creepy Forest soundtrack.

However the newest Scrapyard biome is out of place and the Daywalker 2.0 is just downright ridiculous. The guy could've become a boss that attacks you, like deerclops or bearger. Y'know, you took away his powers so now he stalks you on the surface and is out for revange. But if the stream is anything to go by, it seems that he's gonna be the dst equivalent of the Team Rocket or Dr Doofenshmirtz, where you beat him and then he appears in different outfit just to get beaten again.

Between steampunk pig, frozen shark and Wagstaff's godmode the world of dst is becoming bloated. In three months Moon Quay will be 2 years old and there's still no rhyme or reason on why it's a thing apart from "Wagstaff was experimanting". Yeah, he was also experimanting on a portal in Wilson's cinematic and that also went nowhere. It feels like Klei is making the lore up as they go.

We've just lost the desolate wilderness that this game used to have. And I'm not talking about the singleplayer. 2017-18 dst also felt very wilderness-like. Right now, it feels like we're entering the era where dst will be kinda like Fortnite: just filled with wacky things that don't really fit there. Just keep adding that new content in, I'm sure there's no "getting more of the same" tipping point.

After the recent stream, I must say that I am quite... not excited. This is the first update of the new status quo of update releases, so naturally we should be hyped, excited and awaiting its beta. I'm not.

In one moth it'll be a whole year that I took a break from dst, so this isn't a gameplay burnout.

I just can't help but feel that Klei just isn't willing to try and fix issues that this game has but rather fix them.

What do I mean? Instead of overhauling the world generation to put the mainland in the corner of the playable square and make sailing the entire ocean with just one boat not a chore (right now you'd have to travel around the mainland), the devs added Frostjaw with bootleg gateway as a bandaid fix; now you don't need to sail a ring around the mainland. Instead of fixing brightshades, Klei added an item that let's you make a plant purely decorative.

Bandaid fixes just seem to be the dev norm of dealing with dst problems

Not to mention the aboslute state of powercreep and mainstream that we are experiencing. Characters with no downside, ridiculous perks, infinite storage, 3rd "pick up items for you" mechanic, pop-ups, skill trees, portable fridge 10x stronger than a regular one.

Honestly, even with its own issues, at this point picking up singleplayer with its dlcs feels like a detox from the content bloatation that dst has.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Swiyss said:

ermmmmmm.... Awkward..... The mod is pretty configurable anyways, I think you can turn off the harder Nightmare stuff, Also maybe don't play a hard character in a mod that is already supposed to be super hard, that's like double hard mode.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MondayNight said:

Armor separated from Clothing, both equipable at same time

image.png.c36d503bf5c8b2897138070eb15f1a30.png

3 hours ago, SapoLover said:

In my opinion, Don't Starve relies too much in the lack of information you're given and huge amount of time you'd need to figure things out on your own. Once you get to know a few things, you suddenly realize the game itself was never hard, you just didn't know what you needed, and it has been like that since the begining. Difficultty was never a thing. About characters' downsides not evolving along their upsides... I would prefer if it wasn't that way, but whatever. Maybe when skill trees are done we'll get yet another cycle of character updates doing downsides overhaul. "yay".

You can't satisfy everyone. Before, Klei was focusing in early/mid-game content. People complained about the lack of things to do in late, and now that they are doing it, people are complaining about the lack of updates for early/mid-game.

I think you have to step back and try calm down for a moment, you sound a lil' agitated.

This is true, the game is easy when you know it, and it takes a lot of time to learn it.
That is way I am a defender of a new DLC, it will bring challenge to everybody and things that will make everyone happy. Megabasers will be happy, survivalists will be happy, boss rushers will be happy and etc...

6 hours ago, . . . said:

I can 100% agree with that.

As much as the skill trees are cool mechanically, it really is just making the characters better for no real reason. Back in Don't Starve (Alone) characters cons actually felt like they meant something because the perks were also less showy and smaller so it sort of felt balanced even if some characters cons didn't matter too much to a skilled player.

Lol I used to have a joke with my friends that mod characters are so OP and broken compared to the vanilla characters and now the vanilla characters are becoming more OP than a lot of mod characters thanks to the reworks + skills + whatever future thing will be taking the place of character stuff when the skills are all done lol

Skill Trees and insight points should be removed, and new skills should be earned in late game as a challenge. They should not be as op, but more useful. 

5 hours ago, Swiyss said:

I beg for more said and set announcements like the wilson answer one. They said they won't change it, but didn't say why or what they think about it. Just.. "the torch is nice".

I never saw anyone using this torch skill. 

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Esspecially the Creepy Forest soundtrack.

it is my favorite soundtrack, soooooo many memories.

7 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Why do you want the stack to be lowered to 999 while also saying it won't really affect anything? If it won't affect anything what's the point?

to not look like a mod, unfinished feature.

it says 999, but you can put more in it.

bruh Imma go back to original ds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SapoLover said:

In my opinion, Don't Starve relies too much in the lack of information you're given and huge amount of time you'd need to figure things out on your own.

That's what the game is about... Or at least used to be xD