The game is turning into a mess. All what was once built is now being destroyed. We don't know what Klei's intention, mission and philosophy is anymore.

15 hours ago, Fatkitty said:

Once a month I come here, and once a month I find the same thread... with the same people... saying the same things... still playing the same game they claim to hate so much

Thank you for your monthly contribution. You may go back into hibernation now. Sweet dreams!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, EATZYOWAFFLEZ said:

Thank you for your monthly contribution. You may go back into hibernation now. Sweet dreams!

I never said that I was here to contribute everything, and I certainly don't need your permission to do anything, but thanks for the cute reply. 

5 hours ago, Swiyss said:

@Fatkitty Don't you think we have to appease for people who think the game should be fundamentally consistent also? Your take was that we are to negative, but it is just feedback.

My take is that this feedback is never constructive... and it's not just you, its all of these threads. My point is that this type of thread usually has a zealous undertone where people think what they want is right. That's why I don't read them, it is no offense to you or anyone. 

And I don't think there is anything about appeasement either. Why do we have to change anything? I very much enjoy this game in its current format, and I look forward to every update, no matter how large or small to see what new content is added.

I am not expecting anything. I also don't see how the game changed so fundamentally from its early days that it is now unplayable to anybody. I just don't see anything here to make this big of a deal of. This thread and threads like it are the online equivalent of road rage. 

And again, I am not trying to offend you as I believe everyone should be entitled to their opinion, but I just do not think that the ideas in "lets-change-the-game" threads will end up with a product where the majority of the consumers are satisfied. 

• Like 4
  • Big Ups 1

21 minutes ago, Fatkitty said:

And I don't think there is anything about appeasement either. Why do we have to change anything? I very much enjoy this game in its current format, and I look forward to every update, no matter how large or small to see what new content is added.

Me too, I think that the game is near perfect.

Still I will not lose the opportunity to express my opinion about certain things that could change or be better since I want the game to be the best version it can possibly be.

On 3/2/2024 at 9:20 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Yeah, it’s too late. I had really high hopes that they would overhaul world Gen & general biome exploration, add new mobs that weren’t super end game focused.

The stuff you have proposed in the past, like multi layered world was way beyond the scope of what was possible. Not to mention the sheer number of games you bring up that you hope will influence a completely unrelated game somehow.

I don’t understand what actually “changed” during their content design philosophy..

I mean okay for example the very first Return of Them update Turn of Tides was awesome, it added an explorable ocean, and while that was and still is… mostly Empty, the First ROT update also added the Lunar Island.

Which has its own set of cute (and not so cute..) unique mobs, resources and the enlightened status effect.

But no update since then except maybe Forgotten Knowledges… has been that big.

We have no clue how long they had been working on that in the background. If I remember correctly they were doing refreshes at the time which allowed for stuff to be done in the background. 

Working on the skill trees of multiple characters at once, I imagine, is far more resource intensive. 

I won’t discredit the forgotten knowledge update because atleast it did have both the lunar grotto, and the sealed archives.

But every other update has just felt small compared to Turn of Tides & Forgotten Knowledges.

If you've played on those biomes you'd know they're as big as a lake but as deep as a puddle. Besides the novelty of being new what exactly have they added to the overall world besides being an arena for CC. It had spiders, logs, twigs and grass. Deep as a puddle.

Even Curse of Moon Quay was a major letdown for me due to how incredibly tiny the biome actually is..

Yet that tiny landmass (despite me not liking the monkey waves) was able to be used as an excuse to add lots of content. Blueprints, mobs, new resources. Same as the lunar island but it wasn't needed to make in unnecessarily big for no reason. It suffered the same problem in the end of not having a reason to return, so why would making it bigger resolve that?

The games so called “Difficulty” comes from player skill level and knowledge of the game..

But having more mobs with interesting unique attacks that aren’t tied to some Raid Boss would be nice too..

Thats what shattered spiders are and you know who cares about them? No one.

I just don’t understand how we went from Turn of Tides (arguably the best update Klei had done for the game..) to what we’re getting NOW

(Bite-Sized Islands or set pieces with a boss on it)

Is it.. “Wrong” of me to want and expect more content the size and scope of Turn of Tides? (The very first ROT update that added lunar island)

You are too obsessed with the novelty of wanting something "new" you don't stop to think that new doesn't mean better.

Smaller clusters of content achieve the same thing while requiring less of a footprint on the world. They can be full of new items and resources. 

Making it huge for no reason has proven to not add much to the game in the end. People will always go where the useful stuff in the game is. New ambience is great and greatly appreciated but there needs to be a VERY good reason to add it. I'm not sure if you missed it but the bigger areas had a big LORE reason for being added.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Leave it to @HowlVoid the so called Wormwood lover to forget the Carrats & Saladmanders :???:

Yeah the wild versions don't add anything to the game either.

A lot of people even speculate Carrats were added so they would have something for year of the rat. 

The fact I forgot they exist proves my point.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

3 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Yeah the wild versions don't anything to the game either.

A lot of people even speculate Carrats were added so they would have something for year of the rat. 

The fact I forgot they exist proves my point.

Man… what version of this game are you even playing anymore? Like I legit can’t even understand where your coming from.

I’m not even trying to be mean or disrespectful here, but it’s like we both are playing two vastly different playstyles or something.

You are probably a veteran player who knows the ins and outs of the game, you probably know every crockpot dish, and how to count to the very second you need to dodge enemy attacks or whatever…

Meanwhile: I’m over here having played as long as I have, not even having HALF my crockpot recipes discovered, never having killed BQ so I don’t have access to bundling wraps to keep my foods fresh.

So the TL:DR- those Carrots in the ground on Lunar Island are looking pretty tasty about now and since your low on hunger & about to starve, you pluck one up only to your surprise- It runs away! So now you’re on a weird island.. and you’re still starving, you see a cute little dude named Saladmander & you think “Salad! Surely that’ll keep me from full on starvation.” You attack this little guy and your meet with an untimely demise as he stabs you to death violently with his tail.

I guess it’s true what they say- “Knowledge & Experience make the game too easy.”

But I guarantee you if you invited a random friend who’s never played DST and doesn’t look everything up about it on YouTube, Twitch or Wiki pages- They’ll end up having a similar experience to mine.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

So the TL:DR- those Carrots in the ground on Lunar Island are looking pretty tasty about now and since your low on hunger & about to starve, you pluck one up only to your surprise- It runs away! So now you’re on a weird island.. and you’re still starving, you see a cute little dude named Saladmander & you think “Salad! Surely that’ll keep me from full on starvation.” You attack this little guy and your meet with an untimely demise as he stabs you to death violently with his tail.

This is quite an odd example for a few reasons first why are you on the moon island with barely any food. Second why would you think to attack something that has an idle sort of attacking animation, third stone fruit?

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Man… what version of this game are you even playing anymore? Like I legit can’t even understand where your coming from.

I’m not even trying to be mean or disrespectful here, but it’s like we both are playing two vastly different playstyles or something.

You are probably a veteran player who knows the ins and outs of the game, you probably know every crockpot dish, and how to count to the very second you need to dodge enemy attacks or whatever…

Meanwhile: I’m over here having played as long as I have, not even having HALF my crockpot recipes discovered, never having killed BQ so I don’t have access to bundling wraps to keep my foods fresh.

I guess it’s true what they say- “Knowledge & Experience make the game too easy.”

But I guarantee you if you invited a random friend who’s never played DST and doesn’t look everything up about it on YouTube, Twitch or Wiki pages- They’ll end up having a similar experience to mine.

I don't understand, can you explain more?

3 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

This is quite an odd example for a few reasons first why are you on the moon island with barely any food. Second why would you think to attack something that has an idle sort of attacking animation, third stone fruit?

forth - kelp.

Also - I like Saladmanders.  With the BrightShade plants I use them to help get dragonfruit going if I didn't get any before.  I rarely garden much early and mid game, so its very likely.  If I can kill a few ripe saladmanders I can jumpstart some df crops to plant around the lavae ponds to take care of that nonsense.

Thread's a little messy at the moment, but I thought I'd add in my two cents

The word uncompromising has become something of an in-joke for the DST community. It originates from the core game's philosophy of making you fend for yourself and learning from your mistakes. It's fun if it works, don't get me wrong, but part of what makes it work is the fact that it was a single player game. You alone were the one responsible for your survival and you alone were the one to suffer the consequences of hubris and poor preparation. 

It's not impossible to make it work in a multiplayer setting, but it takes a group of players who can all be on the same page. Without that, you're left with veteran players feeling weighed down by new players (there's a reason solo worlds are so popular), and new players left feeling they can't really do anything unless the veteran players tell them to. Experimenting with a crockpot, for example, will usually get you admonished for wasting ingredients. It's not the fault of the experienced player for knowing better, but faithfully listening to someone who knows better isn't exactly the most riveting of gameplay.

That's why I think Klei is going the direction they are. Giving players more individual goals and ways to learn the game. You're more than welcome to feel the approach isn't perfect, but I'd atleast keep it in mind.

• Like 17

17 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

Experimenting with a crockpot, for example, will usually get you admonished for wasting ingredients. It's not the fault of the experienced player for knowing better, but faithfully listening to someone who knows better isn't exactly the most riveting of gameplay.

I saw an experienced Wortox make many meat balls with potatoes as filler. No trolling or anything.

This is why maths is important.

4 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

I saw an experienced Wortox make many meat balls with potatoes as filler. No trolling or anything.

This is why maths is important.

This is why I hate gardening as Warly...  Sure I need spices but its so inefficient to use anything from there compared to slamming meaty stews and scotch eggs.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 3:00 AM, . . . said:

Just want to say your post is perfect and it's exactly almost how I feel though I feel a lot more strongly even lol

Going to go on an unhinged rant now, but I personally believe DST has been getting less and less like Don't Starve Alone ever since Wortox was added and it's been getting worse and worse and more obvious over time..

1) Characters

Back in the original Don't Starve the characters actually felt balanced with characters perk(s) being 50% of their character and con(s) being the other 50%, of course to a skilled player the cons could be easily trivialized but that's not the point I'm trying to make.

Let's take Wigfrid for example.. let's see how Wigfrid was back in good old Don't Starve Alone and the DST before it started slowly getting less and less like Don't Starve Alone, creeping away from being an uncompromising survival game...

Wigfrid in Don't Starve Alone..

• Can make cheap armor
  • Leeches HP and sanity from combat
  • Does 25% more damage and takes 25% less damage
  • Can only eat meat

So as we can see Wigfrid was a pretty straightforward character meant for people who want to do more combat! Nice and simple perks that add good flavor and immersion to her valkyrie combat-based character and a solid con balancing out those perks.

Now let's look at Wigfrid in Don't Starve Together with a R E W O R K...

• Can make cheap armor
  • Can gain inspiration in combat to preform various buff songs for herself and other players such as...
  • Can sing with inspiration to make weapons break slower
  • Can sing with inspiration to make other players gain her hp leech ability from combat and she leeches more hp
  • Can sing with inspiration to make other players gain her sanity leech ability from combat
  • Can sing with inspiration to make other players lose half sanity from negative sanity auras
  • Can sing with inspiration to make other players become immune to fire damage
  • Can sing with inspiration to make enemies focus target aggro on her
  • Can sing with inspiration to make non-boss mobs panic for 4 seconds basically meaning they can't do anything for 4 seconds even fighting back
  • Can only eat meat... and CANDY!

Now we can see she has quite a lot more perks.. and she still has.. only one con! And her con was even made easier so she can eat stuff like taffy and other treats! So instead of being 50% perks and 50% cons she's now 70% perks and 30% cons (which 1 con being 30% is pretty generous but let's use this for this analogy I'm not the best at explaining things anyway). Okay, let's say even though she has been given a LOT of new perks it's fair because Don't Starve Together is a multiplayer game after all, right? So, it's only fair for characters to have some abilities that can work nicely in multiplayer! Besides they fit very well with her character too! Still... she has gotten a lot stronger and still only has 1 con that has been made easier.

Now let's look at Wigfrid in Don't Starve Together with a R E W O R K   +  SKILLS!!!

• Can make cheap armor
  • Can gain inspiration in combat to preform various buff songs for herself and other players such as...
  • Can sing with inspiration to make weapons break slower
  • Can sing with inspiration to make other players gain her hp leech ability from combat and she leeches more hp
  • Can sing with inspiration to make other players gain her sanity leech ability from combat
  • Can sing with inspiration to make other players lose half sanity from negative sanity auras
  • Can sing with inspiration to make other players become immune to fire damage
  • Can sing with inspiration to make enemies focus target aggro on her
  • Can sing with inspiration to make non-boss mobs panic for 4 seconds basically meaning they can't do anything for 4 seconds even fighting back
  • Can level-up gaining permanent access shared across ALL worlds to some amazing skills such as!
  • Fighting Words: Can preform her song which makes non-boss mobs do nothing for 4 seconds but run around at the cost of no inspiration or her song which makes mobs aggro on her at cost of no inspiration!
  • Battle Call Canister: Can make a container for all of her inspiration papers then they don't take up your precious limited inventory space!
  • Encore: Can craft a inspiring paper to BRING BACK PLAYERS TO LIFE!
  • Mystic Resilience: Gain resistance to planar whatever!
  • Bragi's Blessing: You can more inspiration when using a battle spear so you can do your inspiring songs more frequently!
  • Elding Spear: Learn to craft a thunder spear which does electric damage! Electric damage is pretty strong against in rain making you do very high damage!
  • Elding Spear Enhancement: Give your thunder spear the power to do a dash attack which can be used to do amazing things like this!
  • Hard Helm: Your battle helmets are more durable.
  • Commander's Helm: You get a battle helmet that blocks knockback!
  • Commander's Helm Enhancement: You get a battle helmet blocks knockback AND regenerates its durability when your at full HP and fighting stuff!!
  • Battle Rönd: Craft a shield which can be used to negate all attack damage in way you face for 1 second and it acts as armor making you take 85% less damage and keeps your other armors more durable since the durability loss is split between all of the armors you have equipped! It also does the same damage as a tentacle spike the weapon with deadly spikes at the end even though this is just a shield made of gold and fur, heck it does more damage than her battle spear's pointy end!
  • Battle Rönd Enhancement: Your shield now negates all attack in way you face for an entire 2.5 seconds! And based on the damage you take while shielding you deal more damage!
  • Noble Mount: You domesticate the beefalos faster, yay!
  • Battle Saddle: Armor for beefalo, yay!!1
  • Shadow Chanteuse: You and your allies become super effective against the moon and resistant to darkness with her singing!
  • Lunar Melodist: You and your allies become super effective against the darkness and resistant to moon with her singing!
  • Can only eat meat and candy.

Well... damn, that was a lot to type out! Yes, you can't have all the skills at once, but still that's a lot of potential new perks for Wigfrid to have! With some being super crazy useful! Now what was her con again, oh yeah she can only eat meat and candies... You can even keep these skills across all worlds when you gain them! So you can start from day 0 to craft a shield which does more damage than a spear and a helmet which regenerates durability when you leech yourself back up to 100% hp fighting weak little mobs which didn't get any buffs from Don't Starve Alone...

I'm not going to bother with going into the other characters but I believe they are all broken and OP too. Back when DST was in its more earlier years lets see now some of the older character mods that seem that they could have been DS characters that were OP to your average DST-player back in the day because it was a mod and mods are unbalanced and all over the place with their abilities compared to the super balanced vanilla characters!

Womp, The Abyssal

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c5b04df0a77cbb6170e295fa39c9f415.png

The Pros:
- Moves faster when above 80 wetness. (Moves normally between 40 and 80 wetness.)
- Has a tiny sanity boost when above 80 wetness.
- While above 20 wetness, Womp has a chance to dodge attacks.
- Moves additionally faster and periodically heals while it is raining.
- Stays cooler in the summer, based on wetness. 
- Takes less damage from fire when above 50 wetness (though taking fire damage dries Womp out VERY quickly).
- Tentacles are not hostile.
- Can spawn new tentacles using tentacle spots.
- Cannot be disarmed by moose/goose or Bearger, and wet tools do not slip.
- Does not lose sanity during dusk or night time.
- Can eat monster meat without penalty.
- Does not care about spoilage.

The Cons:
- Loses wetness when hit by an attack, based on damage taken.
- Generates less wetness over time when below 25% hunger.
- Inventory items still get wet. Wet food spoils faster, wet fuel burns less.
- Moves slower when below 40 wetness.
- Greatly loses sanity over time while below 20 wetness.
- Periodically loses health while below 20 wetness.
- Loses sanity during the day (unless it's raining).
- Freezes faster in the winter, based on wetness.
- Takes more damage from fire when below 50 wetness.
- Pigmen, bunnymen, and catcoons are hostile.

As you can see this character has quite a few perks that back in the day would be called SUPERR OP and unbalanced compared to vanilla characters!

• Imagine a character that doesn't lose sanity from darkness! *coughwaltercough*
  • The ability to negate damage! That's so OP... *coughwigfridcough*
  • Can't lose your equip in your hand from wetness.. omg op *coughwurtcough*
  • Can move faster if wet?! SO OP AND UNBALANCED!!! *coughwx78coughwalterwithhisdogbeefalocoughwortoxwithezteleportcough*

This character compared to vanilla characters now maybe excluding only Wes is a lot more balanced than the current cast and it's a mod that would be called OP and unbalanced in its time!

Weston the Wandering Cactus

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.60227c464f3ec267e3faf397bcb63721.png

PROS:
+ Weston is COMPLETELY immune to overheating! Enjoy those summers without sweltering!
Max temperature: 20
+ Weston has a bit reduced max moisture level and drying rate.

+ Weston is covered in sharp spines! This means that if you take damage as Weston, your attacker receives 15 from 12 to 18
damage back for hitting you! Your punches are also MUCH stronger than normal (but weapons and tools do normal damage.)
Now he deals 25 damage unarmed istead of...75?Also damage multipler is reduced from 1.5 to 1.05

CONS:
- Weston may like the heat, but he does NOT like fire. He takes a whopping 3x normal damage from fire, so stay away from it at all times!

- Weston does not like the cold. Summers may be awesome, but winters will be brutal, because Weston freezes a lot faster than other characters. Watch out during the spring, as well--Don't let Weston get too wet, or he may start freezing. -75 winter insulation and low max temperature, again
-Author forgot to mention that Weston can't eat any cactus meals.

-Better don't use hawaiian shirt because you will lose sanity quite fast now.

NEUTRAL:
- The flower on top of Weston's head attracts insects (Mostly bees and butterflies).

It's literARlly WOrmwood but not on steroids omg!!1 :wilson_ecstatic:

Here let's look at a "cringe op anime character" too :wilson_dorky:

Nanachi

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.09ff590a9a70d079e4d21fcb29f1ebb9.png

Health:130
Hunger:150
Sanity:300

-- Perks
Move quickly!!1
She is friendly and lovely so she will not scary the small rabbits. And pigman will make friends with her when he is close to her. But you can only make one follower by this way!!!11
Bring her own hat, and can make Nairobi stew.
Nanachi smells fragrant so players around her will regain sanity!!!!!!!!!!11
Nanachi can perceive special things around her, such as gears, pigking, walrus house, huge beehive, chester eyebone and so on!!!1

This character back in the day would be peak OP and unbalanced it literally has no cons!!! Like the vanilla DST characters do now because they have so many perks :wilson_ecstatic: 

I guarantee Wortox and Wanda could outclass this op cringe animu character!111 and they didn't even have their skills yet!

Now let me quickly say the character that corrupted the core of DST to me and I blame all characters becoming OP on. The OP self-insert furry oc demo- oh wait nvm totally not demon definitely an imp himself, Wortox™ donut steel.

Untitled.jpg.0bb4465abb2f73d29c86cce9db05f74d.jpg

Back when DLC characters were first hinted at for DST after Klei unalived Warbucks because he was an evil colonizer which this game's fundamental gameplay is 100% to not colonize the wilderness and make use of all of the inhabitants living in this realm to benefit your survival, yes sir 100% you are imagining things it's not like that! Anyways, vanilla characters back then in DST were pretty much the same as normal Don't Starve nice and fair and balanced as all things should be and then we got this furry little demon boi!

You can look at all of the basic-ish abilities of the Don't Starve Alone characters (excluding Wheeler) since the DST characters at this time had the same abilities as their DS counterparts excluding minor things such as WIllow not being immune to fire damage, Wigfrid not gaining sanity and health on hit but instead on kill of a mob, ect.

The characters were all really simple and balanced (ofc you had some like Wolfgang, Wickerbottom, WX78 that were high-tiers but every game has high-tiers!) and then lets see what Wortox is abilities were compared to the pretty balanced cast of characters for the most part.

• 200 HP
  • 175 Hunger
  • 150 Sanity

Really solid stats.

What were his perks?

• Wortox has a character-exclusive item, the Soul. When Mobs die within 20 units of him souls spawn.
  • Souls will immediately flow to Wortox when he is close to them. If it is not collected within 10 seconds, it will disappear.
  • At least one inventory space can be occupied with a maximum of 20 Souls.
  • Wortox can eat Souls to restore 25 hunger and lose 5 sanity
  • He can drop the Souls to heal himself and nearby allies for roughly 20 HP within 8 units of the Soul's release will receive healing
  • He can also spend one Soul to be able to Soul Hop, or teleport, a short distance. This functions in the same manner as The Lazy Explorer, except it does not cost any Sanity and does not need a late-game item for such a powerful ability.
  • Gets half sanity drain from monsters

Those were his perks at the time, over time with updates he got even crazier stuff as a free extra teleport with a soul echo teleport and literal fast travel using souls to go anywhere on the map you've been to before.

What are his cons?

• He can't hold more than 20 souls and if he does half of them drop, healing him and his allies and making him lose some sanity. Basically, a non-issue con especially if you're playing alone or with friends. Only would be a con on random servers with players killing everything around you being inconsiderate of you.
  • He gets halved stats from eating things which aren't souls.. but negative stats are also halved too not just the positives
  • Pigs, cats, and bunny are hostile to him like with Webber

Now let's analyze compared to the rest of the cast why he was the herald of characters becoming more op and broken than mod characters. Wortox unlike the other characters has basically no cons. His cons are easily ignorable as long as you aren't playing on a random hub server and even then if you keep to yourself they are then ignorable again. His only real con is if he goes over 20 souls then he drops half of his held souls and takes a sanity penalty, that's it. You might be thinking but no he also gets halved stats from food!! But you see, Wortox doesn't even need to touch food at all. He can get infinite food as long as there is something to kill. If you just have a few flowers he can max out on his special souls which give 25 hunger to him, don't spoil, and he can also choose to instead heal 20 HP instead of the hunger so as long as you have a Wortox around yourself and his allies are basically never going to die without getting into a big fight or he runs out of his souls. As Wortox you could literally plant a spiderden near somewhere around your base and just go kill a few spiders during any season and get your souls then eat them, doing combat against non-boss mobs basically gives him ez free hunger and health with no drawback. And if it's not winter you just plant a few flowers at your base and then... your food problems are solved, until winter comes and you migrate to your local spiderden for souls. So, he was the first character to basically take the "Starve" out of Don't Starve since you basically have infinite food if you aren't someone with a potato pc with 500 ping rubberbanding constantly anyone can hold F with a spear against spiders and position themselves in a way that they don't get swarmed by them and killed. I didn't even to his other main perk, the ability to teleport! He can casually do a very useful action that was locked behind an endgame item for the low price of a butterfly whenever he wants. Compared to the other vanilla cast at the time (excluding Wickerbottom the unbalanced) Wortox was super OP and he was able to do things that other characters couldn't do that can easily make the game far easier super easily.

From there it just kept getting worse and worse to me at least since characters kept getting more and more wackier abilities that push the boundaries of what was fair and balanced since anything Klei would release or do people see as gospel and that it's always great! Warly with his enchantments.. I mean spices, Wurt which could move 30% faster on swamp turf (omg speed is so broken!! unabalanced mod character!!!), Walter with his free unkillable chester/beefalo, and then finally one of the other super OP characters which back in the day if it was released as a mod everyone would shun 100% as unbalanced and broken... Wanda. The old fat woman that does more damage than the gigachad wolfgank with her special weapon that had higher reach that they had to change the game to make it less broken since she could stunlock so many things, the one who can teleport better than Wortox, the one who has infinite revives, and more absolutely crazy stuff that made the unreworked vanilla characters feel like Wilson compared to her and thus all the characters now are becoming super op for no reason while their cons were unchanged to balance the characters out except for Wes.

Lol I was originally going to write more, but there's probably no point since this topic will probably get locked since the OP seems to be getting dogpiled on lots of ppl throwing around "toxic!!!1111", "game is not foru u!!", "u is wrong!!!1" which obviously would stress anyone out and if he says one meanie word from all the stress build up from everyone low-key saying "nobody cares about what you have to say shut up" then Joe will gallantly swoop in and lock the thread and probably give the op a warning LOL

I have no hope for DST to be balanced or go the way I'd like it to be... an uncompromising survival game.. I originally fell in love with Don't Starve which I bought a month before they added caves because it was a survival game with cool balanced characters, a great consistent artstyle, and actually challenging compared to all those other baby-games at the time which you had infinite respawns and basically held your hand! Don't Starve was actually uncompromising and mysterious and cool it told you nothing, it just plopped you into the world and if you died you have to try again and get good! It was a very fun cycle and coming across new stuff always felt special and I would think what this do and what can I do with it!

Now the game doesn't feel like a survival game anymore, they don't really add content for people who like survival games anymore.. they just really focus on content for their 2-main audiences now that keep their game relevant... raid bosses and the RPG-ification of DST for the Chinese audience because in China RPG MMOs with BIG numbers, super grindy, and a bunch of random content is what sells there and a bazillion skins to keep megabase streamers playing their game which is free advertising so more people buy skins. The people who want survival content probably don't really buy skins (I know I don't) they want to play the game for the gameplay that's what matters for them and there's no money in that....

And even the survival content that does get added, IDK if the devs that actually work on the game have all replaced the ones who originally worked on DS, but it's very weird and out of touch. Like look at SW, Hamlet, everything feels so natural there even though DS is a very unnatural game. and what survival content does DST get? An ocean? Ok that's cool, a lunar island, also nice, a canopy ocean forest, ok nice! And that was across years of time which basically almost all updates were just RAID BOSS, CHARACTER REWORK, RAID BOSS, CHARCTEREr RWWEORK... and then there was dumb stuff like pIRATE MONke ISLAND!!!1 Oh and endgame survival stuff... oh noes wagstaffo he is coming he wants to end the world so spooky!!!!1!! he is causing a disturbance in the force and now there is moon things and moon storms and blahlblahblah.

The only survival content which actually felt like survival content to me in all these years of updates was the empty ocean with the lunar island and the nice canopy biome.. The only thing I look forward to in DST is the ability to disable things that Klei adds that ruin my immersion from the game being a survival game in a barren wilderness you must conquer like the Charlie Stage and now the literal Junkyard and HD textures, bug fixes, and quality of life improvements.

I have absolutely no hope that the game will add any interesting content that makes the game better as a survival game which isn't locked away behind the "endgame" stuff and the absolutely awful Pearl  crab woman that can't be killed.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me and probably will just say I'm toxic or my opinion doesn't matter either just like everyone is doing to the OP, peace.

very long, didn't fully read, but thinking that wortox is unironically good invalidates your opinion, he's worse than wilson because of being unable to stockpile food and having to spend more time getting it and wasting time on killing nightmares even if you don't need any more nf because souls decrease sanity and teleport doesn't always save more time than getting souls for it wastes, healing is worthless considering everyone can use blue shrooms except wigfrid who increases own hp by hitting stuff and there aren't that many bosses in case of which tanking is better than kiting, max stats except sanity are also irrelevant since there are no characters that have less than 60 hp so you'll only be forced to waste healing if you use salt spice as maxwell/wes for some reason and hunger only matters if you're using crockpot food, wortox is also forced to waste time chopping until FW/bearger because you can't use pigs nor have any work multipliers

Edited by grm9