The game is turning into a mess. All what was once built is now being destroyed. We don't know what Klei's intention, mission and philosophy is anymore.

2 hours ago, Yuuko said:

Saying "no" is still a response.  It is best they give no response, and just develop the game.  The PR overhead to manage the forums with an open dialogue would be a nightmare at this point.  Just look what what a mountain some players are making out of their infinite chest - something that is end game, when people are just mega basing and looping content anyway... and you have no clue how expensive it is!  If its a spark ark per chest these are not going to flood games lol

fr - when people get to end game, there are some concessions that are good to make.  One of those is storage.  We need better storage options for all of the hounds teeth, bs plant materials, rots, etc that are piling up - taking multiple dfly chests just to contain a single item b/c it stacks so low.  So they put in and infinite chest upgrade.  Now you can put these endlessly piling up items that would lag down servers away, improve performance, tidy up the game space, and let players focus on the parts of the game that are fun rather than "where do I put the 2000 rot I have piled up b/c it just never goes away and I don't want to burn it."

I agree.

Challenge - Reward

If it is an end game item it must ask effort from us and if there is no reward the endgame is meaningless.
Sometimes I think that if the Eyebrella was released today people would say it is too op and it would break the game. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

So the game isn’t “Easy” there just isn’t enough to actually “Do”

yeah the less there is to do the better you get at those few things, especially with a lot of time invested into the game.

but even those things cause death if you slip up, meaning they do their job fine in terms of clumsy people.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Swiyss said:

Klei adds infinite chest > slay queen, yeah good job. Amazing wow! Woo-ooooo Yippie hippie yay yo mayonaise.

Gurl, the shade... But for real, give Klei the benefit of the doubt, the beta is not even out, and it's supposed to be a lategame craft... though if you ask me it's not gonna be expensive enough.

Times have changed and Klei has shifted their design philosophy. Either way it's a very welcomed change by megabasers... though chest areas will be so tiny now! They might aswell be called just bases since storage areas tend to take like 50% of the space lol

6 hours ago, BalkanCockroach said:

it's just ooooo old man does mysterious stuff that trifled with moons mood or shadow woman playing peekaboo with an eldritch god.

It's a mix between The Walking Dead where you only get the plot moving every other episode and a telenovela cause of all of the DRAMA between WX-78 and Wagstaff, and Charlie and her magician ex-ex-boyfriend and her new eldritch god boyfriend that's ignoring her calls.

4 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

It will not magically make everything dangerous in the world vaporize because you store 1936 twigs in one slot in a chest

I don't know, If I were Deerclops I'd be terrified of a survivor that has more rot than the amount of atoms in the known universe inside a small chest. I've seen what happens when you put EVERYTHING on a bagel...

4 hours ago, Szczuku said:

where you beat him and then he appears in different outfit just to get beaten again.

"How many times do we have to teach you this lesson, Old Man?"
But seriously, I like that! I'm just afraid of how they will Implement it cause for example I may not want to farm all of daywalker's fights. So if you put him in different places and make it cycle between them it's gonna be a bit boring to have to fight him on that same order each time. Specially since his current cave drops are just blueprints and materials that can be gathered from other sources.

Sidenote: this thread was a blast to read y'all

Edited by Juanasdf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Isn't that big chest some late late game thing? I personally could not care less about what 4k days world people are doing, I don't even see much of a use for that much space as I normally do not amass not even wood.

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

One thing I will say is that Dst is definitelly starting to lose its... idk, aesthetic, vibe???

However the newest Scrapyard biome is out of place and the Daywalker 2.0 is just downright ridiculous. The guy could've become a boss that attacks you, like deerclops or bearger. Y'know, you took away his powers so now he stalks you on the surface and is out for revange. But if the stream is anything to go by, it seems that he's gonna be the dst equivalent of the Team Rocket or Dr Doofenshmirtz, where you beat him and then he appears in different outfit just to get beaten again.

Between steampunk pig, frozen shark and Wagstaff's godmode the world of dst is becoming bloated. In three months Moon Quay will be 2 years old and there's still no rhyme or reason on why it's a thing apart from "Wagstaff was experimanting". Yeah, he was also experimanting on a portal in Wilson's cinematic and that also went nowhere. It feels like Klei is making the lore up as they go.

We've just lost the desolate wilderness that this game used to have. And I'm not talking about the singleplayer. 2017-18 dst also felt very wilderness-like. Right now, it feels like we're entering the era where dst will be kinda like Fortnite: just filled with wacky things that don't really fit there. Just keep adding that new content in, I'm sure there's no "getting more of the same" tipping point.

After the recent stream, I must say that I am quite... not excited. This is the first update of the new status quo of update releases, so naturally we should be hyped, excited and awaiting its beta. I'm not.

That's definitely what irritates me the most, the crossover content fits more the game than that ridiculous monkey island, that stupid stage randomly placed with the weird unexplained grass hounds that are randomly placed too. And now we have a new ugly setpiece randomly placed, like, they said they were going to take more develop time to make a more cohesive and robust update but that junkyard is literally the same thing that we are tired of seeing, I highly doubt that anyone would feel excited to enter the game to go look at a junkyard, MAYBE be interested in defeating the same boss we've already seen and then, I don't know? close the game? Because that's basically what I've been doing for the last few years, I look at the new crumb, possibly in an old save since there's no reason for me to start over for something so small and then I close the game. If only these crumbs made some sense when putting everything together, I could wait for several updates to play and have a complete experience, but they are just that, crumbs lost out there.

At least according to them they are giving more development to the portals, which despite the hate they received have the best potential among the random setpieces that Klei released in recent years and were forgotten without any explanation, but we only saw the mushroom trees changing and a mention of more animals changing, we can't say anything for now, but these are changes that should have been released in a single update, not a year later...

just give us new biomes wtf

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

And I don’t want to get anyone too terribly hyped because often times my intuition can be wrong, but I have this funny unshakeable feeling that the reasons WHY they’re doing all this optimization of older content is because there’s some juicy stuff coming in the near future that would further strain the game if previous things weren’t optimized better.

Was simply added because endless servers and megabasers 

They even tested megabases send to them :)

5 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

…Are you seriously comparing godmode to a lategame chest upgrade that holds an infinite amount of nine items??? i know the forums can be Silly, but this is a whole other level….

You have presence another forum peak moment

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

And yes I TOTALLY feel like the Mega Big Chest (that’s the official name I’m calling it by from this point forward) is only being added to the game to cater to Megabasers

I though it was pretty obvious

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

So the game isn’t “Easy” there just isn’t enough to actually “Do”

Because you refuse to "do" 70% of the content

The game can keep you busy for thousands of hours but if you choose to only experience the same 4 seasons while walking a little, building a couple of structures and ignore everything else obviously you will feel like there isnt much to do which is okey because you have thousands of game to enjoy 

• Like 6

Oh good, another veteran player complaining about a survival game being too easy once you know how to do everything in it as if that's not just how they work. I was wondering if we'd get this short-sighted, pointless thread this week or not.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DegenerateFurry said:

Oh good, another veteran player complaining about a survival game being too easy once you know how to do everything in it as if that's not just how they work. I was wondering if we'd get this short-sighted, pointless thread this week or not.

Im veteran but i have enough common sense to see how infinite stacks in chests in deep late at a presumably high cost doesn't make the game easier 

This must be a troll post because you won't see this level of drama for stuff that actually makes the game less difficult like mctusk ai being broken since they were added

• Like 5

Very different from what happened with the reworks, the skill trees are completely optional to use.

Just don't use any skill points and be happy playing alone.

In fact, DST is only difficult for those who play alone, as players with some experience have always destroyed all the bosses with a team of 6 people.

In fact, even to activate the new events that give repairable items, Klei places a giant text message in both CC and AF for the player to accept or NOT.

Edited by Cruvimaster
  • Big Ups 1

2 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

In fact, DST is only difficult for those who play alone, as players with some experience have always destroyed all the bosses with a team of 6 people

By your logic playing alone is a cakewalk because you play in a world with resources resources for 6 players that you can exploit for yourself to get the entire loot of that bosses without sharing a single piece of it

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Im veteran but i have enough common sense to see how infinite stacks in chests in deep late at a presumably high cost doesn't make the game easier 

This must be a troll post because you won't see this level of drama for stuff that actually makes the game less difficult like mctusk ai being broken since they were added

Nah, it's not a troll post. We get a thread like this on an almost weekly basis and it's all the same every time: some guy who has over a thousand hours in the game complaining about quality-of-life fixes and ignoring the things Klei does that actually do add challenging elements to the game. They said in this latest stream that they're going to be adding the Frostjaw's arena's slip mechanics to things like frozen ponds and pengull nests in winter, but I didn't see that mentioned, for instance. Everyone who agrees with these threads complains about brightshades while simultaneously saying they want the game to be more uncompromising. It's all so tiresome.

3 minutes ago, arubaro said:

By your logic playing alone is a cakewalk because you play in a world with resources resources for 6 players that you can exploit for yourself to get the entire loot of that bosses without sharing a single piece of it

You're forgetting that every player you add doubles your damage output, resource gathering efficiency, and effective HP at the very least (assuming they're not Wes, and even then, it's just less of an increase). 

Edited by DegenerateFurry
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, DegenerateFurry said:

You're forgetting that every player you add doubles your damage output, resource gathering efficiency, and effective HP at the very least (assuming they're not Wes, and even then, it's just less of an increase). 

With the resources you can hire mobs that will do that work and damage for you

We are talking about difficulty not time invested to achieve the same

Pd. To have 6 celestial champion crowns for 6 players you have to fight it 6 times so having 6 players wont do the work faster while you only need 1 crown as a solo player

Edited by arubaro

1 minute ago, arubaro said:

With the resources you can hire mobs that will do that work and damage for you

We are talking about difficulty not time invested to achieve the same

Mobs are vastly less efficient than players in combat unless you get into ridiculously oversized armies, and even then, I'd bet that a team of six Wolfgangs could outdamage the theoretical upper limits of what a Webber army can achieve (and Webber's armies are the best mob army due to the attack rate of spitters and the AoE healing of nurses). Also, time investment is one aspect of difficulty.

9 minutes ago, DegenerateFurry said:

Mobs are vastly less efficient than players in combat unless you get into ridiculously oversized armies, and even then, I'd bet that a team of six Wolfgangs could outdamage the theoretical upper limits of what a Webber army can achieve (and Webber's armies are the best mob army due to the attack rate of spitters and the AoE healing of nurses). Also, time investment is one aspect of difficulty.

But weeber does the fight 1 time while the 6 wolfgangs needs to do the fight 6 times during 120 days for the same ammount of loot per player

Pd. Only people that play phone games would use 6 wolfgangs to play this game so isnt even a good thing

Edited by arubaro

11 hours ago, Swiyss said:

Deerclops gives you eye that negates spring BEFORE EVEN IT BEGINS. The meese geese feather helps in summer BEFORE IT BEGINS TOO.

Brightshade gear can be acquired before fighting the 3 lunar bosses, making the idea that fighting those bosses WITHOUT the gear itself useless. Throwing the planar mechanics in the trash anyway cause no one is going to use it. Heck, the bs stuff came BEFORE the update even was announced or we knew anything about it. 

The point is that you are able to counter the mechanics that will limit the player after they appear, this is especially important for summer and wildfires as you won't have a good time dealing with them otherwise if there was no solution before summer started.

I am completely against the addition of these infinite chests, it (again) ruins completely the purpose of us suffering for AGES with regular chests and finding out mechanics and strategies to overcome it. Fighting dfly constantly for 3 more slots. Now we got 198w728289w9929288282828929294995968587627178 slots. Jesus, seriously, this is to make anyone go crazy.

Infinite chest is amazing, some people like you just want to ruin the game for everyone. Majority of the players don't want the game to be "uncompromising" believe it or not, majority of the players can't even survive the first year. 9 slot chests have been a big limiting factor so that all megabasers would have at least 100+ chests, why should I need to have 50 chests just to fill them with gold/rocks/logs/grass/twigs and other similar material that any long term player will need in large numbers.

Back to this. I cannot stress enough how people has been asking, screaming and shouting for more uses to the underused rain and insulation gears. Instead they made a way to call deerclops and farm him, making EVERYONE use the eyebrella. Now it is EVEN easier.

So only 1 player should be able to get eyebrella? Doesn't make any sense, you don't want to see any progress when it comes to multiplayer yet you want bosses to have high health when it comes to the same situation. You can't have it both ways, either allow players to have access to loot as a group or limit the HP to DS bosses.

I said it to myself when the skill trees came out for wilson, that this was a PERFECT DESIGN for the current main issues we had. And yet it only created MORE problems as opposed to fix them, because of the rapid implementation of them. Before, we had 1 beta only for a single character rework, now we got even more difficult and complex systems for 3 Survivors at ONCE. How can the team not get crazy too? They are working their brains off, and yet nothing seems to keep the lions quiet. Nothing quiet the voices of the deceased forum people that quit.

The skill trees have been added to make up for "uncompromising" survival that you want that we got from endless brightshade waves and new bosses with surface rifts and future updates to said rifts whether it be caves or surface.

Like I said previously, you can't have it both ways, either game becomes easier and harder at the same time to match the difficulty or there won't be any ramp up with the difficulty.

Ok. I guess I will stop playing.

I wanted atleast to recieved feedback on my point of views, but people are hard to talk, rarely one can give substantial counter arguments to fruitfully enjoy an end product. Participating further is useless.

I have to lie to myself that the game is perfect.

Can't i atleast get treated right in the roadmaps? The one we got was so blank, that I can add things interpret it a million ways.

No one is forcing you to play the game or to lie to yourself. If you don't enjoy the game it is perfectly fine to take a break.

10 hours ago, Swiyss said:

But why not make it 999 only?

1983848839598377199282 slots feel like too much doesn't it?

Listen. From 40, with 9 slots, to infinite.........

It was the same as willow, from nothing to magic oblivion insanity

Why limit it to 999, what big difference would it make for storing large amounts of resources to be limited? What are you really getting out of this?

Any player can use a mod that lets them see everything on the floor and drop all the items at same spot and even if you don't use this client mod, there is nothing stopping you from dropping everything but not at the same exact spot so that you can pick up what you want.

No one actually gets more than 2 stacks of 999 rocks dude. We can make more chests. That's my point.

My point is that people died saying that mods like backpack+armor were wrong. Giant chests and ice box were wrong etc.. 

Why? Why destroy what was once a philosophy? Why simply make ALL years of work in development from the start of the game until now go to waste like that?

They didn't add these back in the day, why now? Why suddenly that IS an issue when you can place them on the ground?

See, I can use the same argument.

Dude, the chets protects against moleworms, hounds, bats, etc.. it is an organizing feature.

Why not 999? That is MORE than enough, you can always make more of these chests dude. We got a wobot to store them now.

Just because klei didn't get to make a change it doesn't mean that it is set in stone and it won't ever happen.

Moleworms,hounds and bats aren't really an issue, it is very specific and you can easily build and avoid all of these creatures. The bigger problem is performance when dropping everything on the floor.

Ok ok. Imagine if........... (play the drums)................ they add godmode to survival!!!!! 

What? I never ever thought that ANYONE would think this is a bad idea?!!?? No no no no. This is actually VERY balanced and extremely O.K. why would one NOT want to be invincible, right? Ha ha ha. It is NOT like this TOTALLY INTENDED feature disregards a ton of other survival fundamentals of the game.

All I can say is that, when my brain was developing, I only studied, played and thought about dont starve. This is why I am somewhat thoughtful about these things. I literally cannot process.

But if klei says they want it because why not, then whatever, what can I do.

I don't understand how you can ever come to this conclusion to compare infinite storage to godmode in survival.

You are making less sense the more I read this thread.

The thing is, they didn't add this before, but are doing it now.

They should ATLEAST, BARE MINIMUM give us a lore explanation

If not, everything feels completely out of place. Except for the frozen fishing ponds for example.. that type of added content is simple and yet still in place.

I know that the beta isn't even out yet, but I wanted to say these things before release. Some of these issues seem to repeat itself. The same thing happening.

Many things aren't explained that make the game more diffcult, why should there be a lore reason for anything that makes the game easier?

Wilsons upside is that he doesn't have a downside.

Then klei removes other characters downsides with skill trees.

And, we don't get to see actual progress being made while acquiring insight, it simply comes as time goes and it is permanent per account.

Instead of adding a new progress check, with things like for example: kill 3 spider nest to unlock skill, find a floating pot in the ocean to unlock skill. It would fix people not wanting to play the game because of the lack of interest on the very things the game offer. And it would add a nice rewarding progression to it without making it too easy. The skill trees were SAID to be features added for experienced players, yet it accomplishes nothing but indefinite survival for 150 days, and now they are probably changing it to 75 days, making it even easier. The game IS getting easier.

Some characters downsides should not be negated by skill trees, they should not make the chracters identity obsolete. Adding photosynthesis to wormwood was awesome, now they are buffing it when it was fine. I was playing thousand of days as wormwood, already thinking of how OP it was, with the very little work I had to do to unlock it. Now it is even stronger. It doesn't make sense .

And what ppl usually dont understand is that I am NOT AGAINST having this feature. I am against simply adding them without a progressive way to accomplish them, they should require effort. Surviving 150 days IS actually an effort, but for that to happen only ONCE? and then you can start day 1 again? That doesn't make sense.

It is like the real world doesn't allow you to fly on your own. Then for God to randomly make people teleport to places and run like flash after 15 years old. Everything would be doomed. Imagine all car industries and etc.. so much breaks with it.

I don't really care about Wilson getting perks or becoming more powerful as he was never a character made to be like that. The only reason Wilson mains are complaining is because everyone got a skill tree when they thought they were special for some reason.

I do agree with you that skill trees would be better if there were quests to obtain points based on character like you said killing spider nest or anything else in the game but its not like I have a big problem with how it currently works, I just want skill trees to cover the issues characters had for a long time because klei wouldn't be able to do that normally as players would bring uncompromising mode or how survival is getting easier and how characters are too powerful if they just made small buffs every update to a character.

7 hours ago, Swiyss said:

I played that mod and it is disappointing. I picked wes, only to get 4 nightmare creatures at me, and 2 of them new ones were extremely ugly and unfair. I don't want something impossible to fight wih only 1 option to fight it to exist. I actually want creative ways to overcome them.

So you played uncompromising mode and don't like it so you want the game to be more difficult for everyone else? I understand that mods aren't available for everyone but if you have a PC and want game to be more difficult you should use the mod that is designed for that. It is not impossible to survive or there wouldn't be so many players using the mod, it is unfair in some regards and that is the point.

7 hours ago, Swiyss said:

Yn, I just feel like the sole idea of it being infinite is already bad. 999 wouldn't hurt anyone. Honestly, everyone would rather then have only 3 of those for all items in the game, and the rest put on regular ones, doesn't make sense to me.

I will be the one to say that I want infinite storage and don't want it to be capped to 999.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 4
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, DegenerateFurry said:

They still make some good points. Recent updates feel like they are being squeezed into the game, like trying to fit a salmon into a sardine can.

• Like 3

why do these threads complaining about game becoming easier revive and die over and over?

isn't it boring posting this and watching the thread gradually vanish in vain every month?

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

30 minutes ago, Fufuji said:

why do these threads complaining about game becoming easier revive and die over and over?

isn't it boring posting this and watching the thread gradually vanish in vain every month?

Human Nature IG?

10 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Uncompromising is unforgiving.

image.png.c2cab1dec18183dcfc23fba7045475ad.png oh man these are very unforgiving.

Edited by SSneaky
  • Like 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

2 hours ago, Fufuji said:

I believe you just answered your own question, if the thread was made by one forum user only then it wouldn’t matter, but you and I both know that isn’t the situation here now is it? If the same type of threads are being brought up by multiple different people then obviously there has to be a group or in Klei’s case: “Portion” of their fanbase who has an actual problem with it then, no?

Some players find the game too easy, some players find it too hard- for me personally, it’s a mixture of both: Somethings ARE too easy- Such as various types of newly added Easier healing methods such as Rabbit Stew (1 Small Meats+3 Ice) And compared to single player Dont starve and it’s two DLCs- General Map Navigation, Hazards & Exploration Based Puzzles, while some other things are Too Hard: High HP Minion Swarm Spawning, Self-Healing, Multiplayer Designed Boss Fights.

This comes from someone who almost exclusively plays RogueLite/Like genre of video games- So in a TL:DR: I’m highly familiar with tough to beat content & boss fights.

The thing about DST is that it’s content should be accessible to players of varying skill levels depending on what settings or difficulty they have applied to the game.

And as someone who again plays almost exclusively RogueLites/Likes, I can also tell you that there’s no shortage of titles under this gaming Genre that should certain segments prove to be too difficult: Allows the players to adjust difficulty to something more comfortable through settings.

This entire topic actually should be a top advocate for more world Gen toggles & game preference settings.

Some players are going to heavily disagree with that, and it’s fine for them to have their opinions, but the point still remains- If these types of topics are brought up as often as you say… and by various different people, then maybe just maybe… that’s an underlying issue with the games design itself?

And I’m tired of the whole “Git Gud” Gang.

It needs to stop- Even freaking MINECRAFT has like 4 different difficulty options that let you choose between peaceful creative mode, Easy, Normal or Hard.

Why does DST a game that literally has toggles for 40% reduced damage taken, 40% Increased Damage Taken, Endless Infinity Respawning, Instant World Deletion with no Option of Respawning, have to be any different???

Answer these questions openly, truthfully & without bias towards one-side & you’ll see that I’ve kinda been right all along for a long time, I’m just at this point, completely exhausted trying to argue these points… because people keep trying to shutdown the topics before they can even be properly discussed.

• Like 2
  • Potato Cup 1

47 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I believe you just answered your own question, if the thread was made by one forum user only then it wouldn’t matter, but you and I both know that isn’t the situation here now is it? If the same type of threads are being brought up by multiple different people then obviously there has to be a group or in Klei’s case: “Portion” of their fanbase who has an actual problem with it then, no?

Some players find the game too easy, some players find it too hard- for me personally, it’s a mixture of both: Somethings ARE too easy- Such as various types of newly added Easier healing methods such as Rabbit Stew (1 Small Meats+3 Ice) And compared to single player Dont starve and it’s two DLCs- General Map Navigation, Hazards & Exploration Based Puzzles, while some other things are Too Hard: High HP Minion Swarm Spawning, Self-Healing, Multiplayer Designed Boss Fights.

This comes from someone who almost exclusively plays RogueLite/Like genre of video games- So in a TL:DR: I’m highly familiar with tough to beat content & boss fights.

The thing about DST is that it’s content should be accessible to players of varying skill levels depending on what settings or difficulty they have applied to the game.

The thing is that the value of these "uncompromising" players is probably not as much as the amount of casual players that can be attracted by an easier game. I fully believe that DST could've been as popular as Terraria if survival wasn't as difficult for new players.

Bosses are a separate part of the game that can be difficult but basic survival that isn't hard for veterans is something that new players struggle with.

Most of the players are casuals that can't even survive the first year.

54 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

And as someone who again plays almost exclusively RogueLites/Likes, I can also tell you that there’s no shortage of titles under this gaming Genre that should certain segments prove to be too difficult: Allows the players to adjust difficulty to something more comfortable through settings.

This entire topic actually should be a top advocate for more world Gen toggles & game preference settings.

The default settings are the most important to me as long as they are not touched I wouldn't mind if developers decided to release hardcode gamemode that you can enable on world generation as long as it didn't take too much of the development time from developers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fufuji said:

perhaps the cycle of death and rebirth in the constant is actually a metaphor for forum posts

• Haha 6

Man I’m a bit tired of people being so   toxic lately. I am aware that criticism does exist lol, but I feel like people have just been so toxic saying things like “the game is a mess”. Why can’t we just give fair criticism without being so negative?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Big Ups 3