The game is turning into a mess. All what was once built is now being destroyed. We don't know what Klei's intention, mission and philosophy is anymore.

9 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

The intention was to make it a unicorn style helm, still instead of actually thinking it through to make the idea stand, they simply said "yeah marbles work", don't get me wrong, it does look lazy..

and the battle helms only cost rocks and gold, but still have unicorns and some feathers in it

crafting recipes don't always have to strictly make sense, this is a game after all. Otherwise I should become insane if I use nightmare fuels as fillers for my banana shakes

1 hour ago, Swiyss said:

It's because if these things are not said in this manner, literally no one cares about. And these issues exist.

People do care and people have addressed criticism to Klei without being toxic. Thinking being “toxic” is the only way to give criticism is not a good mindset at all. 

• Like 9
  • Big Ups 1

9 minutes ago, mykenception said:

and the battle helms only cost rocks and gold, but still have unicorns and some feathers in it

crafting recipes don't always have to strictly make sense, this is a game after all. Otherwise I should become insane if I use nightmare fuels as fillers for my banana shakes

Ok, then taking only the gameplay in consideration. It still is too easy of a recipe. Beefalo wool makes sense, but marble doesn't. Maybe 1 azure feather per hem.

Just now, mykenception said:

to address the op's concerns with the game, it's just a perspective issue

Screenshot_20240304-093313_Chrome.png

Yes, it is just a perspective issue. But just because it is, doesn't mean that I'll stop saying what I think is correct and what is not.

3 minutes ago, Hi. said:

People do care and people have addressed criticism to Klei without being toxic. Thinking being “toxic” is the only way to give criticism is not a good mindset at all. 

Adress criticism, yes.

Get repercussions to actually discuss the game's much needed topics, no.

Not necessary toxic, but shocking atleast.

1 minute ago, Swiyss said:

Ok, then taking only the gameplay in consideration. It still is too easy of a recipe. Beefalo wool makes sense, but marble doesn't. Maybe 1 azure feather per hem.

maybe pass that to the suggestions forum 

lots of wigfrid players were glad the recipe was changed into marble because it made the item more accessible. But who knows, maybe with this change, they'll be happier because the item will be locked again in winter

Just now, Swiyss said:

, it is just a perspective issue. But just because it is, doesn't mean that I'll stop saying what I think is correct and what is not

I still think the game is fun, I still play it and I still will no matter what they do. But a good world for both of us is not that hard, that is why I NEED to be "that guy". Sorry for that but I also just want the better from the game.

I still think the game is fun, I still play it and I still will no matter what they do. But a good world for both of us is not that hard, that is why I NEED to be "that guy". Sorry for that but I also just want the better from the game.

oh? I thought you found the game perfect if you just shift your perspective

do your words from before no longer apply now?

I don't know what you mean by "that guy", just provide feedback with the update and with the game. The current inputs you're providing are filled with very intense emotions which makes em rather convoluted 

1 minute ago, mykenception said:

maybe pass that to the suggestions forum 

lots of wigfrid players were glad the recipe was changed into marble because it made the item more accessible. But who knows, maybe with this change, they'll be happier because the item will be locked again in winter

Bro, they are happier because the craft is easier without any concern about how the item itself impacts the player.

It. Removes. Knock back.

Has planar defense.

Is repairable.

For 2 marble and 2 beefalo wool.

It doesn't matter if they liked the change, it is not healthy for he game and doesn't make sense.

It literally removes the Battle Helm from the game since you can rush it simply now.

It is all a progression issue.

And to top it all of, I even said to BUFF IT if they made the recipe a TINY bit harder. 

You wanna negate knockback to fight sharkboi and werepig lets say. So then locking it behind winter is not a great idea (lets even not consider the fact that tumbleweeds drop them). Then why not make it atleast cost regular crow feathers?

The elden spear literally costs 2 volt goat horns. And people still were complaining.

You need to understand that people WILL complain no matter if they know the repercussions of these actions or not. So better to discuss it before then to simply change it. Still it was a whole mess because they didn't have enough time to let that discussion go or marinate. They even acknowledged that in the roadmap. They felt that.

3 minutes ago, mykenception said:

oh? I thought you found the game perfect if you just shift your perspective

do your words from before no longer apply now?

I don't know what you mean by "that guy", just provide feedback with the update and with the game. The current inputs you're providing are filled with very intense emotions which makes em rather convoluted 

I do think the game is perfect (for me), because these issues that I present here can simply be ignored by my mind to enjoy the game. Again, still I will keep providing my views on them and letting us discuss it.

The crab king thing was true, the fight IS perfect (to fear for the intention of frustrating yourself thinking it is not), but still can be better.

Same as the wigfrid commanders helm crafting recipe. It is perfect, but still it could be better.

Perfect in my view is something that doesn't have a bug or glith attached to it.

The game's other areas of content are all subjective, and I say that to blind myself from "hating" the game like some folks do.

My argument with "then I will just stop playing" just shows how ridiculous it sounds to leave the game for a rather inconvenient decision.

And, the ideas are subjective because the "pattern" they bring sometimes changes a lot. Rather myself critique the whole issue instead of trying to fix the results of that issue. That's the whole reason I made this topic to begin with. Showing my "frustration" here is better than being frustrated while playing.

Then why not make it atleast cost regular crow feathers

Atleast gives us a motive to either kill birds with the dash from elden spear or use a boomerang. Klei seems to be not taking A LOT of things in consideration before taking some actions lately, that's my whole concern.

13 hours ago, Szczuku said:

too long did read

Just want to say your post is perfect and it's exactly almost how I feel though I feel a lot more strongly even lol

Going to go on an unhinged rant now, but I personally believe DST has been getting less and less like Don't Starve Alone ever since Wortox was added and it's been getting worse and worse and more obvious over time..

1) Characters

Back in the original Don't Starve the characters actually felt balanced with characters perk(s) being 50% of their character and con(s) being the other 50%, of course to a skilled player the cons could be easily trivialized but that's not the point I'm trying to make.

Let's take Wigfrid for example.. let's see how Wigfrid was back in good old Don't Starve Alone and the DST before it started slowly getting less and less like Don't Starve Alone, creeping away from being an uncompromising survival game...

Wigfrid in Don't Starve Alone..

• Can make cheap armor
  • Leeches HP and sanity from combat
  • Does 25% more damage and takes 25% less damage
  • Can only eat meat

So as we can see Wigfrid was a pretty straightforward character meant for people who want to do more combat! Nice and simple perks that add good flavor and immersion to her valkyrie combat-based character and a solid con balancing out those perks.

Now let's look at Wigfrid in Don't Starve Together with a R E W O R K...

• Can make cheap armor
  • Can gain inspiration in combat to preform various buff songs for herself and other players such as...
  • Can sing with inspiration to make weapons break slower
  • Can sing with inspiration to make other players gain her hp leech ability from combat and she leeches more hp
  • Can sing with inspiration to make other players gain her sanity leech ability from combat
  • Can sing with inspiration to make other players lose half sanity from negative sanity auras
  • Can sing with inspiration to make other players become immune to fire damage
  • Can sing with inspiration to make enemies focus target aggro on her
  • Can sing with inspiration to make non-boss mobs panic for 4 seconds basically meaning they can't do anything for 4 seconds even fighting back
  • Can only eat meat... and CANDY!

Now we can see she has quite a lot more perks.. and she still has.. only one con! And her con was even made easier so she can eat stuff like taffy and other treats! So instead of being 50% perks and 50% cons she's now 70% perks and 30% cons (which 1 con being 30% is pretty generous but let's use this for this analogy I'm not the best at explaining things anyway). Okay, let's say even though she has been given a LOT of new perks it's fair because Don't Starve Together is a multiplayer game after all, right? So, it's only fair for characters to have some abilities that can work nicely in multiplayer! Besides they fit very well with her character too! Still... she has gotten a lot stronger and still only has 1 con that has been made easier.

Now let's look at Wigfrid in Don't Starve Together with a R E W O R K   +  SKILLS!!!

• Can make cheap armor
  • Can gain inspiration in combat to preform various buff songs for herself and other players such as...
  • Can sing with inspiration to make other players gain her hp leech ability from combat and she leeches more hp
  • Can sing with inspiration to make other players gain her sanity leech ability from combat
  • Can sing with inspiration to make other players lose half sanity from negative sanity auras
  • Can sing with inspiration to make non-boss mobs panic for 4 seconds basically meaning they can't do anything for 4 seconds even fighting back
  • Can level-up gaining permanent access shared across ALL worlds to some amazing skills such as!
  • Fighting Words: Can preform her song which makes non-boss mobs do nothing for 4 seconds but run around at the cost of no inspiration or her song which makes mobs aggro on her at cost of no inspiration!
  • Battle Call Canister: Can make a container for all of her inspiration papers then they don't take up your precious limited inventory space!
  • Encore: Can craft a inspiring paper to BRING BACK PLAYERS TO LIFE!
  • Mystic Resilience: Gain resistance to planar whatever!
  • Bragi's Blessing: You can more inspiration when using a battle spear so you can do your inspiring songs more frequently!
  • Elding Spear: Learn to craft a thunder spear which does electric damage! Electric damage is pretty strong against in rain making you do very high damage!
  • Elding Spear Enhancement: Give your thunder spear the power to do a dash attack which can be used to do amazing things like this!
  • Hard Helm: Your battle helmets are more durable.
  • Commander's Helm: You get a battle helmet that blocks knockback!
  • Commander's Helm Enhancement: You get a battle helmet blocks knockback AND regenerates its durability when your at full HP and fighting stuff!!
  • Battle Rönd: Craft a shield which can be used to negate all attack damage in way you face for 1 second and it acts as armor making you take 85% less damage and keeps your other armors more durable since the durability loss is split between all of the armors you have equipped! It also does the same damage as a tentacle spike the weapon with deadly spikes at the end even though this is just a shield made of gold and fur, heck it does more damage than her battle spear's pointy end!
  • Battle Rönd Enhancement: Your shield now negates all attack in way you face for an entire 2.5 seconds! And based on the damage you take while shielding you deal more damage!
  • Noble Mount: You domesticate the beefalos faster, yay!
  • Battle Saddle: Armor for beefalo, yay!!1
  • Shadow Chanteuse: You and your allies become super effective against the moon and resistant to darkness with her singing!
  • Lunar Melodist: You and your allies become super effective against the darkness and resistant to moon with her singing!
  • Can only eat meat and candy.

Well... damn, that was a lot to type out! Yes, you can't have all the skills at once, but still that's a lot of potential new perks for Wigfrid to have! With some being super crazy useful! Now what was her con again, oh yeah she can only eat meat and candies... You can even keep these skills across all worlds when you gain them! So you can start from day 0 to craft a shield which does more damage than a spear and a helmet which regenerates durability when you leech yourself back up to 100% hp fighting weak little mobs which didn't get any buffs from Don't Starve Alone...

I'm not going to bother with going into the other characters but I believe they are all broken and OP too. Back when DST was in its more earlier years lets see now some of the older character mods that seem that they could have been DS characters that were OP to your average DST-player back in the day because it was a mod and mods are unbalanced and all over the place with their abilities compared to the super balanced vanilla characters!

Womp, The Abyssal

Spoiler

image.png.c5b04df0a77cbb6170e295fa39c9f415.png

The Pros:
- Moves faster when above 80 wetness. (Moves normally between 40 and 80 wetness.)
- Has a tiny sanity boost when above 80 wetness.
- While above 20 wetness, Womp has a chance to dodge attacks.
- Moves additionally faster and periodically heals while it is raining.
- Stays cooler in the summer, based on wetness. 
- Takes less damage from fire when above 50 wetness (though taking fire damage dries Womp out VERY quickly).
- Tentacles are not hostile.
- Can spawn new tentacles using tentacle spots.
- Cannot be disarmed by moose/goose or Bearger, and wet tools do not slip.
- Does not lose sanity during dusk or night time.
- Can eat monster meat without penalty.
- Does not care about spoilage.

The Cons:
- Loses wetness when hit by an attack, based on damage taken.
- Generates less wetness over time when below 25% hunger.
- Inventory items still get wet. Wet food spoils faster, wet fuel burns less.
- Moves slower when below 40 wetness.
- Greatly loses sanity over time while below 20 wetness.
- Periodically loses health while below 20 wetness.
- Loses sanity during the day (unless it's raining).
- Freezes faster in the winter, based on wetness.
- Takes more damage from fire when below 50 wetness.
- Pigmen, bunnymen, and catcoons are hostile.

As you can see this character has quite a few perks that back in the day would be called SUPERR OP and unbalanced compared to vanilla characters!

• Imagine a character that doesn't lose sanity from darkness! *coughwaltercough*
  • The ability to negate damage! That's so OP... *coughwigfridcough*
  • Can't lose your equip in your hand from wetness.. omg op *coughwurtcough*
  • Can move faster if wet?! SO OP AND UNBALANCED!!! *coughwx78coughwalterwithhisdogbeefalocoughwortoxwithezteleportcough*

This character compared to vanilla characters now maybe excluding only Wes is a lot more balanced than the current cast and it's a mod that would be called OP and unbalanced in its time!

Weston the Wandering Cactus

Spoiler

image.png.60227c464f3ec267e3faf397bcb63721.png

PROS:
+ Weston is COMPLETELY immune to overheating! Enjoy those summers without sweltering!
Max temperature: 20
+ Weston has a bit reduced max moisture level and drying rate.

+ Weston is covered in sharp spines! This means that if you take damage as Weston, your attacker receives 15 from 12 to 18
damage back for hitting you! Your punches are also MUCH stronger than normal (but weapons and tools do normal damage.)
Now he deals 25 damage unarmed istead of...75?Also damage multipler is reduced from 1.5 to 1.05

CONS:
- Weston may like the heat, but he does NOT like fire. He takes a whopping 3x normal damage from fire, so stay away from it at all times!

- Weston does not like the cold. Summers may be awesome, but winters will be brutal, because Weston freezes a lot faster than other characters. Watch out during the spring, as well--Don't let Weston get too wet, or he may start freezing. -75 winter insulation and low max temperature, again
-Author forgot to mention that Weston can't eat any cactus meals.

-Better don't use hawaiian shirt because you will lose sanity quite fast now.

NEUTRAL:
- The flower on top of Weston's head attracts insects (Mostly bees and butterflies).

It's literARlly WOrmwood but not on steroids omg!!1 :wilson_ecstatic:

Here let's look at a "cringe op anime character" too :wilson_dorky:

Nanachi

Spoiler

image.png.09ff590a9a70d079e4d21fcb29f1ebb9.png

Health:130
Hunger:150
Sanity:300

-- Perks
Move quickly!!1
She is friendly and lovely so she will not scary the small rabbits. And pigman will make friends with her when he is close to her. But you can only make one follower by this way!!!11
Bring her own hat, and can make Nairobi stew.
Nanachi smells fragrant so players around her will regain sanity!!!!!!!!!!11
Nanachi can perceive special things around her, such as gears, pigking, walrus house, huge beehive, chester eyebone and so on!!!1

This character back in the day would be peak OP and unbalanced it literally has no cons!!! Like the vanilla DST characters do now because they have so many perks :wilson_ecstatic: 

I guarantee Wortox and Wanda could outclass this op cringe animu character!111 and they didn't even have their skills yet!

Now let me quickly say the character that corrupted the core of DST to me and I blame all characters becoming OP on. The OP self-insert furry oc demo- oh wait nvm totally not demon definitely an imp himself, Wortox™ donut steel.

Untitled.jpg.0bb4465abb2f73d29c86cce9db05f74d.jpg

Back when DLC characters were first hinted at for DST after Klei unalived Warbucks because he was an evil colonizer which this game's fundamental gameplay is 100% to not colonize the wilderness and make use of all of the inhabitants living in this realm to benefit your survival, yes sir 100% you are imagining things it's not like that! Anyways, vanilla characters back then in DST were pretty much the same as normal Don't Starve nice and fair and balanced as all things should be and then we got this furry little demon boi!

You can look at all of the basic-ish abilities of the Don't Starve Alone characters (excluding Wheeler) since the DST characters at this time had the same abilities as their DS counterparts excluding minor things such as WIllow not being immune to fire damage, Wigfrid not gaining sanity and health on hit but instead on kill of a mob, ect.

The characters were all really simple and balanced (ofc you had some like Wolfgang, Wickerbottom, WX78 that were high-tiers but every game has high-tiers!) and then lets see what Wortox is abilities were compared to the pretty balanced cast of characters for the most part.

• 200 HP
  • 175 Hunger
  • 150 Sanity

Really solid stats.

What were his perks?

• Wortox has a character-exclusive item, the Soul. When Mobs die within 20 units of him souls spawn.
  • Souls will immediately flow to Wortox when he is close to them. If it is not collected within 10 seconds, it will disappear.
  • At least one inventory space can be occupied with a maximum of 20 Souls.
  • Wortox can eat Souls to restore 25 hunger and lose 5 sanity
  • He can drop the Souls to heal himself and nearby allies for roughly 20 HP within 8 units of the Soul's release will receive healing
  • He can also spend one Soul to be able to Soul Hop, or teleport, a short distance. This functions in the same manner as The Lazy Explorer, except it does not cost any Sanity and does not need a late-game item for such a powerful ability.
  • Gets half sanity drain from monsters

Those were his perks at the time, over time with updates he got even crazier stuff as a free extra teleport with a soul echo teleport and literal fast travel using souls to go anywhere on the map you've been to before.

What are his cons?

• He can't hold more than 20 souls and if he does half of them drop, healing him and his allies and making him lose some sanity. Basically, a non-issue con especially if you're playing alone or with friends. Only would be a con on random servers with players killing everything around you being inconsiderate of you.
  • He gets halved stats from eating things which aren't souls.. but negative stats are also halved too not just the positives
  • Pigs, cats, and bunny are hostile to him like with Webber

Now let's analyze compared to the rest of the cast why he was the herald of characters becoming more op and broken than mod characters. Wortox unlike the other characters has basically no cons. His cons are easily ignorable as long as you aren't playing on a random hub server and even then if you keep to yourself they are then ignorable again. His only real con is if he goes over 20 souls then he drops half of his held souls and takes a sanity penalty, that's it. You might be thinking but no he also gets halved stats from food!! But you see, Wortox doesn't even need to touch food at all. He can get infinite food as long as there is something to kill. If you just have a few flowers he can max out on his special souls which give 25 hunger to him, don't spoil, and he can also choose to instead heal 20 HP instead of the hunger so as long as you have a Wortox around yourself and his allies are basically never going to die without getting into a big fight or he runs out of his souls. As Wortox you could literally plant a spiderden near somewhere around your base and just go kill a few spiders during any season and get your souls then eat them, doing combat against non-boss mobs basically gives him ez free hunger and health with no drawback. And if it's not winter you just plant a few flowers at your base and then... your food problems are solved, until winter comes and you migrate to your local spiderden for souls. So, he was the first character to basically take the "Starve" out of Don't Starve since you basically have infinite food if you aren't someone with a potato pc with 500 ping rubberbanding constantly anyone can hold F with a spear against spiders and position themselves in a way that they don't get swarmed by them and killed. I didn't even to his other main perk, the ability to teleport! He can casually do a very useful action that was locked behind an endgame item for the low price of a butterfly whenever he wants. Compared to the other vanilla cast at the time (excluding Wickerbottom the unbalanced) Wortox was super OP and he was able to do things that other characters couldn't do that can easily make the game far easier super easily.

From there it just kept getting worse and worse to me at least since characters kept getting more and more wackier abilities that push the boundaries of what was fair and balanced since anything Klei would release or do people see as gospel and that it's always great! Warly with his enchantments.. I mean spices, Wurt which could move 30% faster on swamp turf (omg speed is so broken!! unabalanced mod character!!!), Walter with his free unkillable chester/beefalo, and then finally one of the other super OP characters which back in the day if it was released as a mod everyone would shun 100% as unbalanced and broken... Wanda. The old fat woman that does more damage than the gigachad wolfgank with her special weapon that had higher reach that they had to change the game to make it less broken since she could stunlock so many things, the one who can teleport better than Wortox, the one who has infinite revives, and more absolutely crazy stuff that made the unreworked vanilla characters feel like Wilson compared to her and thus all the characters now are becoming super op for no reason while their cons were unchanged to balance the characters out except for Wes.

Lol I was originally going to write more, but there's probably no point since this topic will probably get locked since the OP seems to be getting dogpiled on lots of ppl throwing around "toxic!!!1111", "game is not foru u!!", "u is wrong!!!1" which obviously would stress anyone out and if he says one meanie word from all the stress build up from everyone low-key saying "nobody cares about what you have to say shut up" then Joe will gallantly swoop in and lock the thread and probably give the op a warning LOL

I have no hope for DST to be balanced or go the way I'd like it to be... an uncompromising survival game.. I originally fell in love with Don't Starve which I bought a month before they added caves because it was a survival game with cool balanced characters, a great consistent artstyle, and actually challenging compared to all those other baby-games at the time which you had infinite respawns and basically held your hand! Don't Starve was actually uncompromising and mysterious and cool it told you nothing, it just plopped you into the world and if you died you have to try again and get good! It was a very fun cycle and coming across new stuff always felt special and I would think what this do and what can I do with it!

Now the game doesn't feel like a survival game anymore, they don't really add content for people who like survival games anymore.. they just really focus on content for their 2-main audiences now that keep their game relevant... raid bosses and the RPG-ification of DST for the Chinese audience because in China RPG MMOs with BIG numbers, super grindy, and a bunch of random content is what sells there and a bazillion skins to keep megabase streamers playing their game which is free advertising so more people buy skins. The people who want survival content probably don't really buy skins (I know I don't) they want to play the game for the gameplay that's what matters for them and there's no money in that....

And even the survival content that does get added, IDK if the devs that actually work on the game have all replaced the ones who originally worked on DS, but it's very weird and out of touch. Like look at SW, Hamlet, everything feels so natural there even though DS is a very unnatural game. and what survival content does DST get? An ocean? Ok that's cool, a lunar island, also nice, a canopy ocean forest, ok nice! And that was across years of time which basically almost all updates were just RAID BOSS, CHARACTER REWORK, RAID BOSS, CHARCTEREr RWWEORK... and then there was dumb stuff like pIRATE MONke ISLAND!!!1 Oh and endgame survival stuff... oh noes wagstaffo he is coming he wants to end the world so spooky!!!!1!! he is causing a disturbance in the force and now there is moon things and moon storms and blahlblahblah.

The only survival content which actually felt like survival content to me in all these years of updates was the empty ocean with the lunar island and the nice canopy biome.. The only thing I look forward to in DST is the ability to disable things that Klei adds that ruin my immersion from the game being a survival game in a barren wilderness you must conquer like the Charlie Stage and now the literal Junkyard and HD textures, bug fixes, and quality of life improvements.

I have absolutely no hope that the game will add any interesting content that makes the game better as a survival game which isn't locked away behind the "endgame" stuff and the absolutely awful Pearl  crab woman that can't be killed.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me and probably will just say I'm toxic or my opinion doesn't matter either just like everyone is doing to the OP, peace.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

I saw some people saying that the crab king fight was literally UNFIGHTABLE because of how BAD it was, still, there is no such thing. The boss COULD get some gem changes, COULD get some fight adjustments. STILL I will state my opinion about that in specific.

Right now I changed views, I think they should rework some major boss fights. All based on my cheese topic. See how I changed points? The crab king fight was frustrating for yall, so I changed my views based on what yall said. But for me, still, it isn't a problem..

3 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

It literally removes the Battle Helm from the game since you can rush it simply now.

Having played wigfrid a lot of times after the rework, no. Battle helms still hold their own since they pretty much have the same stats with commander's helm in terms of health and are relatively cheaper because framing marbles is a pain. 

at best, wigfrids will only use the commander's helm for day to day fights and will switch to battle helms during boss fights. the extra perks, knockback and planar doesn't really help that much because knockback only affects you greatly when you're riding a beefalo, and there are much better armors out there that provide planar defense and is easily repairable than the commander's helm

9 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

The crab king thing was true, the fight IS perfect (to fear for the intention of frustrating yourself thinking it is not), but still can be better.

how can something perfect still have room for improvement

you're sounding sillier as this goes on

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, . . . said:

Just want to say your post is perfect and it's exactly almost how I feel though I feel a lot more strongly even lol

Going to go on an unhinged rant now, but I personally believe DST has been getting less and less like Don't Starve Alone ever since Wortox was added and it's been getting worse and worse and more obvious over time..

1) Characters

Back in the original Don't Starve the characters actually felt balanced with characters perk(s) being 50% of their character and con(s) being the other 50%, of course to a skilled player the cons could be easily trivialized but that's not the point I'm trying to make.

Let's take Wigfrid for example.. let's see how Wigfrid was back in good old Don't Starve Alone and the DST before it started slowly getting less and less like Don't Starve Alone, creeping away from being an uncompromising survival game...

Wigfrid in Don't Starve Alone..

• Can make cheap armor
  • Can only eat meat

So as we can see Wigfrid was a pretty straightforward character meant for people who want to do more combat! Nice and simple perks that add good flavor and immersion to her valkyrie combat-based character and a solid con balancing out those perks.

Now let's look at Wigfrid in Don't Starve Together with a R E W O R K...

• Can make cheap armor
  • Can only eat meat... and CANDY!

Now we can see she has quite a lot more perks.. and she still has.. only one con! And her con was even made easier so she can eat stuff like taffy and other treats! So instead of being 50% perks and 50% cons she's now 70% perks and 30% cons (which 1 con being 30% is pretty generous but let's use this for this analogy I'm not the best at explaining things anyway). Okay, let's say even though she has been given a LOT of new perks it's fair because Don't Starve Together is a multiplayer game after all, right? So, it's only fair for characters to have some abilities that can work nicely in multiplayer! Besides they fit very well with her character too! Still... she has gotten a lot stronger and still only has 1 con that has been made easier.

Now let's look at Wigfrid in Don't Starve Together with a R E W O R K   +  SKILLS!!!

• Can make cheap armor
  • Can level-up gaining permanent access shared across ALL worlds to some amazing skills such as!
  • Fighting Words: Can preform her song which makes non-boss mobs do nothing for 4 seconds but run around at the cost of no inspiration or her song which makes mobs aggro on her at cost of no inspiration!
  • Battle Call Canister: Can make a container for all of her inspiration papers then they don't take up your precious limited inventory space!
  • Encore: Can craft a inspiring paper to BRING BACK PLAYERS TO LIFE!
  • Mystic Resilience: Gain resistance to planar whatever!
  • Bragi's Blessing: You can more inspiration when using a battle spear so you can do your inspiring songs more frequently!
  • Elding Spear: Learn to craft a thunder spear which does electric damage! Electric damage is pretty strong against in rain making you do very high damage!
  • Elding Spear Enhancement: Give your thunder spear the power to do a dash attack which can be used to do amazing things like this!
  • Hard Helm: Your battle helmets are more durable.
  • Commander's Helm: You get a battle helmet that blocks knockback!
  • Commander's Helm Enhancement: You get a battle helmet blocks knockback AND regenerates its durability when your at full HP and fighting stuff!!
  • Battle Rönd: Craft a shield which can be used to negate all attack damage in way you face for 1 second and it acts as armor making you take 85% less damage and keeps your other armors more durable since the durability loss is split between all of the armors you have equipped! It also does the same damage as a tentacle spike the weapon with deadly spikes at the end even though this is just a shield made of gold and fur, heck it does more damage than her battle spear's pointy end!
  • Battle Rönd Enhancement: Your shield now negates all attack in way you face for an entire 2.5 seconds! And based on the damage you take while shielding you deal more damage!
  • Noble Mount: You domesticate the beefalos faster, yay!
  • Battle Saddle: Armor for beefalo, yay!!1
  • Shadow Chanteuse: You and your allies become super effective against the moon and resistant to darkness with her singing!
  • Lunar Melodist: You and your allies become super effective against the darkness and resistant to moon with her singing!
  • Can only eat meat and candy.

Well... damn, that was a lot to type out! Yes, you can't have all the skills at once, but still that's a lot of potential new perks for Wigfrid to have! With some being super crazy useful! Now what was her con again, oh yeah she can only eat meat and candies... You can even keep these skills across all worlds when you gain them! So you can start from day 0 to craft a shield which does more damage than a spear and a helmet which regenerates durability when you leech yourself back up to 100% hp fighting weak little mobs which didn't get any buffs from Don't Starve Alone...

I'm not going to bother with going into the other characters but I believe they are all broken and OP too. Back when DST was in its more earlier years lets see now some of the older character mods that seem that they could have been DS characters that were OP to your average DST-player back in the day because it was a mod and mods are unbalanced and all over the place with their abilities compared to the super balanced vanilla characters!

Womp, The Abyssal

Hide contents

image.png.c5b04df0a77cbb6170e295fa39c9f415.png

The Pros:
- Moves faster when above 80 wetness. (Moves normally between 40 and 80 wetness.)
- Has a tiny sanity boost when above 80 wetness.
- While above 20 wetness, Womp has a chance to dodge attacks.
- Moves additionally faster and periodically heals while it is raining.
- Stays cooler in the summer, based on wetness. 
- Takes less damage from fire when above 50 wetness (though taking fire damage dries Womp out VERY quickly).
- Tentacles are not hostile.
- Can spawn new tentacles using tentacle spots.
- Cannot be disarmed by moose/goose or Bearger, and wet tools do not slip.
- Does not lose sanity during dusk or night time.
- Can eat monster meat without penalty.
- Does not care about spoilage.

The Cons:
- Loses wetness when hit by an attack, based on damage taken.
- Generates less wetness over time when below 25% hunger.
- Inventory items still get wet. Wet food spoils faster, wet fuel burns less.
- Moves slower when below 40 wetness.
- Greatly loses sanity over time while below 20 wetness.
- Periodically loses health while below 20 wetness.
- Loses sanity during the day (unless it's raining).
- Freezes faster in the winter, based on wetness.
- Takes more damage from fire when below 50 wetness.
- Pigmen, bunnymen, and catcoons are hostile.

As you can see this character has quite a few perks that back in the day would be called SUPERR OP and unbalanced compared to vanilla characters!

• Imagine a character that doesn't lose sanity from darkness! *coughwaltercough*
  • The ability to negate damage! That's so OP... *coughwigfridcough*
  • Can't lose your equip in your hand from wetness.. omg op *coughwurtcough*
  • Can move faster if wet?! SO OP AND UNBALANCED!!! *coughwx78coughwalterwithhisdogbeefalocoughwortoxwithezteleportcough*

This character compared to vanilla characters now maybe excluding only Wes is a lot more balanced than the current cast and it's a mod that would be called OP and unbalanced in its time!

Weston the Wandering Cactus

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.60227c464f3ec267e3faf397bcb63721.png

PROS:
+ Weston is COMPLETELY immune to overheating! Enjoy those summers without sweltering!
Max temperature: 20
+ Weston has a bit reduced max moisture level and drying rate.

+ Weston is covered in sharp spines! This means that if you take damage as Weston, your attacker receives 15 from 12 to 18
damage back for hitting you! Your punches are also MUCH stronger than normal (but weapons and tools do normal damage.)
Now he deals 25 damage unarmed istead of...75?Also damage multipler is reduced from 1.5 to 1.05

CONS:
- Weston may like the heat, but he does NOT like fire. He takes a whopping 3x normal damage from fire, so stay away from it at all times!

- Weston does not like the cold. Summers may be awesome, but winters will be brutal, because Weston freezes a lot faster than other characters. Watch out during the spring, as well--Don't let Weston get too wet, or he may start freezing. -75 winter insulation and low max temperature, again
-Author forgot to mention that Weston can't eat any cactus meals.

-Better don't use hawaiian shirt because you will lose sanity quite fast now.

NEUTRAL:
- The flower on top of Weston's head attracts insects (Mostly bees and butterflies).

It's literARlly WOrmwood but not on steroids omg!!1 :wilson_ecstatic:

Here let's look at a "cringe op anime character" too :wilson_dorky:

Nanachi

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.09ff590a9a70d079e4d21fcb29f1ebb9.png

Health:130
Hunger:150
Sanity:300

-- Perks
Move quickly!!1
She is friendly and lovely so she will not scary the small rabbits. And pigman will make friends with her when he is close to her. But you can only make one follower by this way!!!11
Bring her own hat, and can make Nairobi stew.
Nanachi smells fragrant so players around her will regain sanity!!!!!!!!!!11
Nanachi can perceive special things around her, such as gears, pigking, walrus house, huge beehive, chester eyebone and so on!!!1

This character back in the day would be peak OP and unbalanced it literally has no cons!!! Like the vanilla DST characters do now because they have so many perks :wilson_ecstatic: 

I guarantee Wortox and Wanda could outclass this op cringe animu character!111 and they didn't even have their skills yet!

Now let me quickly say the character that corrupted the core of DST to me and I blame all characters becoming OP on. The OP self-insert furry oc demo- oh wait nvm totally not demon definitely an imp himself, Wortox™ donut steel.

Untitled.jpg.0bb4465abb2f73d29c86cce9db05f74d.jpg

Back when DLC characters were first hinted at for DST after Klei unalived Warbucks because he was an evil colonizer which this game's fundamental gameplay is 100% to not colonize the wilderness and make use of all of the inhabitants living in this realm to benefit your survival, yes sir 100% you are imagining things it's not like that! Anyways, vanilla characters back then in DST were pretty much the same as normal Don't Starve nice and fair and balanced as all things should be and then we got this furry little demon boi!

You can look at all of the basic-ish abilities of the Don't Starve Alone characters (excluding Wheeler) since the DST characters at this time had the same abilities as their DS counterparts excluding minor things such as WIllow not being immune to fire damage, Wigfrid not gaining sanity and health on hit but instead on kill of a mob, ect.

The characters were all really simple and balanced (ofc you had some like Wolfgang, Wickerbottom, WX78 that were high-tiers but every game has high-tiers!) and then lets see what Wortox is abilities were compared to the pretty balanced cast of characters for the most part.

• 200 HP
  • 175 Hunger
  • 150 Sanity

Really solid stats.

What were his perks?

• Wortox has a character-exclusive item, the Soul. When Mobs die within 20 units of him souls spawn.
  • Souls will immediately flow to Wortox when he is close to them. If it is not collected within 10 seconds, it will disappear.
  • At least one inventory space can be occupied with a maximum of 20 Souls.
  • Wortox can eat Souls to restore 25 hunger and lose 5 sanity
  • He can drop the Souls to heal himself and nearby allies for roughly 20 HP within 8 units of the Soul's release will receive healing
  • He can also spend one Soul to be able to Soul Hop, or teleport, a short distance. This functions in the same manner as The Lazy Explorer, except it does not cost any Sanity and does not need a late-game item for such a powerful ability.
  • Gets half sanity drain from monsters

Those were his perks at the time, over time with updates he got even crazier stuff as a free extra teleport with a soul echo teleport and literal fast travel using souls to go anywhere on the map you've been to before.

What are his cons?

• He can't hold more than 20 souls and if he does half of them drop, healing him and his allies and making him lose some sanity. Basically, a non-issue con especially if you're playing alone or with friends. Only would be a con on random servers with players killing everything around you being inconsiderate of you.
  • He gets halved stats from eating things which aren't souls.. but negative stats are also halved too not just the positives
  • Pigs, cats, and bunny are hostile to him like with Webber

Now let's analyze compared to the rest of the cast why he was the herald of characters becoming more op and broken than mod characters. Wortox unlike the other characters has basically no cons. His cons are easily ignorable as long as you aren't playing on a random hub server and even then if you keep to yourself they are then ignorable again. His only real con is if he goes over 20 souls then he drops half of his held souls and takes a sanity penalty, that's it. You might be thinking but no he also gets halved stats from food!! But you see, Wortox doesn't even need to touch food at all. He can get infinite food as long as there is something to kill. If you just have a few flowers he can max out on his special souls which give 25 hunger to him, don't spoil, and he can also choose to instead heal 20 HP instead of the hunger so as long as you have a Wortox around yourself and his allies are basically never going to die without getting into a big fight or he runs out of his souls. As Wortox you could literally plant a spiderden near somewhere around your base and just go kill a few spiders during any season and get your souls then eat them, doing combat against non-boss mobs basically gives him ez free hunger and health with no drawback. And if it's not winter you just plant a few flowers at your base and then... your food problems are solved, until winter comes and you migrate to your local spiderden for souls. So, he was the first character to basically take the "Starve" out of Don't Starve since you basically have infinite food if you aren't someone with a potato pc with 500 ping rubberbanding constantly anyone can hold F with a spear against spiders and position themselves in a way that they don't get swarmed by them and killed. I didn't even to his other main perk, the ability to teleport! He can casually do a very useful action that was locked behind an endgame item for the low price of a butterfly whenever he wants. Compared to the other vanilla cast at the time (excluding Wickerbottom the unbalanced) Wortox was super OP and he was able to do things that other characters couldn't do that can easily make the game far easier super easily.

From there it just kept getting worse and worse to me at least since characters kept getting more and more wackier abilities that push the boundaries of what was fair and balanced since anything Klei would release or do people see as gospel and that it's always great! Warly with his enchantments.. I mean spices, Wurt which could move 30% faster on swamp turf (omg speed is so broken!! unabalanced mod character!!!), Walter with his free unkillable chester/beefalo, and then finally one of the other super OP characters which back in the day if it was released as a mod everyone would shun 100% as unbalanced and broken... Wanda. The old fat woman that does more damage than the gigachad wolfgank with her special weapon that had higher reach that they had to change the game to make it less broken since she could stunlock so many things, the one who can teleport better than Wortox, the one who has infinite revives, and more absolutely crazy stuff that made the unreworked vanilla characters feel like Wilson compared to her and thus all the characters now are becoming super op for no reason while their cons were unchanged to balance the characters out except for Wes.

Lol I was originally going to write more, but there's probably no point since this topic will probably get locked since the OP seems to be getting dogpiled on lots of ppl throwing around "toxic!!!1111", "game is not foru u!!", "u is wrong!!!1" which obviously would stress anyone out and if he says one meanie word from all the stress build up from everyone low-key saying "nobody cares about what you have to say shut up" then Joe will gallantly swoop in and lock the thread and probably give the op a warning LOL

I have no hope for DST to be balanced or go the way I'd like it to be... an uncompromising survival game.. I originally fell in love with Don't Starve which I bought a month before they added caves because it was a survival game with cool balanced characters, a great consistent artstyle, and actually challenging compared to all those other baby-games at the time which you had infinite respawns and basically held your hand! Don't Starve was actually uncompromising and mysterious and cool it told you nothing, it just plopped you into the world and if you died you have to try again and get good! It was a very fun cycle and coming across new stuff always felt special and I would think what this do and what can I do with it!

Now the game doesn't feel like a survival game anymore, they don't really add content for people who like survival games anymore.. they just really focus on content for their 2-main audiences now that keep their game relevant... raid bosses and the RPG-ification of DST for the Chinese audience because in China RPG MMOs with BIG numbers, super grindy, and a bunch of random content is what sells there and a bazillion skins to keep megabase streamers playing their game which is free advertising so more people buy skins. The people who want survival content probably don't really buy skins (I know I don't) they want to play the game for the gameplay that's what matters for them and there's no money in that....

And even the survival content that does get added, IDK if the devs that actually work on the game have all replaced the ones who originally worked on DS, but it's very weird and out of touch. Like look at SW, Hamlet, everything feels so natural there even though DS is a very unnatural game. and what survival content does DST get? An ocean? Ok that's cool, a lunar island, also nice, a canopy ocean forest, ok nice! And that was across years of time which basically almost all updates were just RAID BOSS, CHARACTER REWORK, RAID BOSS, CHARCTEREr RWWEORK... and then there was dumb stuff like pIRATE MONke ISLAND!!!1 Oh and endgame survival stuff... oh noes wagstaffo he is coming he wants to end the world so spooky!!!!1!! he is causing a disturbance in the force and now there is moon things and moon storms and blahlblahblah.

The only survival content which actually felt like survival content to me in all these years of updates was the empty ocean with the lunar island and the nice canopy biome.. The only thing I look forward to in DST is the ability to disable things that Klei adds that ruin my immersion from the game being a survival game in a barren wilderness you must conquer like the Charlie Stage and now the literal Junkyard and HD textures, bug fixes, and quality of life improvements.

I have absolutely no hope that the game will add any interesting content that makes the game better as a survival game which isn't locked away behind the "endgame" stuff and the absolutely awful Pearl  crab woman that can't be killed.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me and probably will just say I'm toxic or my opinion doesn't matter either just like everyone is doing to the OP, peace.

Oh. My. God.

Your post was dedicated and funny. Amazing man. Thank you!

You said you were not that great explaining your points, still that was amazing. I agree with 100% of what you said, and I hope some folks change opinion based on this.

• GL Happy 1

51 minutes ago, arubaro said:

He just wants flashy unfair destruction and encounters so if he survives is because the flashy thing wasnt actually a challenge and if dies is because a unlucky dice roll...

To have a easy mode in this game you need absurd nerfs and a lot of hand holding tutorials and hints because 80% of the difficulty in this game is knowing what could happend and how to be prepare for it. Basically learning from mistakes

Why do people feel like I need to have killed every boss in this damn game as Wes with a freaking pirate Cutless & 40% extra damage toggled on to have any sort of opinion on this game? It frustrates me beyond words..

Wasn't getting 100% achievements in both Solo DS & DST enough to warrant my validations & criticisms over the stuff I like & the stuff I don’t like about the game/franchise?

Certain parts of the game I feel are too easy (general biome exploration, common mob encounters) while other parts I feel are a bit unfair or too hard (High HP Multiplayer designed Raid Bosses)

Its not that complicated to understand, really it’s just.. It’s not :(

But Nonetheless people who review DST even describe it as something it’s not. Peaceful by Day, Monsters come out to attack at Night? Bro.. unless we’re counting Charlies Darkness attack, spiders sleep schedule & maybe Batalisks from an intentionally unplugged Sinkhole you choose to pop open, DST just doesn’t actually DO That..

Theres the more dangerous caves/ruins, but that’s a far cry from monsters spawning to attack at night.

And yeah Reviews aren’t always accurate but it’s like they didn’t even play the game before reviewing it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

Perfect in my view is something that doesn't have a bug or glith attached to it.

that view point is wrong, it should be "alright, decent, or correct". Perfect means the topic in question has reached the peak of excellence, and you cannot improve perfection

this viewpoint will definitely clash with others seeking improvement because the difference with each person's meaning

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wasn't getting 100% achievements in both Solo DS & DST enough to warrant my validations & criticisms over the stuff I like & the stuff I don’t like about the game/franchise?

there are achievements in the game?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, . . . said:

I was originally going to write more, but there's probably no point since this topic will probably get locked since the OP seems to be getting dogpiled on lots of ppl throwing around "toxic!!!1111", "game is not foru u!!", "u is wrong!!!1" which obviously would stress anyone out and if he says one meanie word from all the stress build up from everyone low-key saying "nobody cares about what you have to say shut up" then Joe will gallantly swoop in and lock the thread and probably give the op a warning LOL

What. I have no words. Lol.

Thanks for the advice I guess.

I will try my BEST to be respectful.

20 minutes ago, . . . said:

the game doesn't feel like a survival game anymore, they don't really add content for people who like survival games anymore.. they just really focus on content for their 2-main audiences now that keep their game relevant... raid bosses and the RPG-ification of DST for the Chinese audience because in China RPG MMOs with BIG numbers, super grindy, and a bunch of random content is what sells there and a bazillion skins to keep megabase streamers playing their game which is free advertising so more people buy skins

I have pretty close contact with the spanish, korean and brazilian community since I can communicate with them. And dare I say an opinion that literally MOST of them have. This forum is actually a bubble, that is why I am constantly trying to warn people about their disruptive "do everything" "buff everyone" "make the craft easier" opinions since they hurt not only the english community, but every single person that plays dst in the world.

Sadly I don't speak chinese but I am learning lol. I love their culture.

• GL Happy 1

8 minutes ago, mykenception said:

there are achievements in the game?

On Xbox, PlayStation & Nintendo consoles- Yes.

On PC where players have access to mods and console command prompts- No.

Klei has also hinted at the possibility of additional achievements being added later if there’s enough fan demand for such a thing (similar to how Minecraft updates keep getting new ones)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

The game's other areas of content are all subjective, and I say that to blind myself from "hating" the game like some folks do.

there's no need to blind yourself from all the cons of the game

the game doesn't have to be perfect for you to like it.

this is true even irl

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why do people feel like I need to have killed every boss in this damn game as Wes with a freaking pirate Cutless & 40% extra damage toggled on to have any sort of opinion on this game? It frustrates me beyond words..

Certain parts of the game I feel are too easy (general biome exploration, common mob encounters) while other parts I feel are a bit unfair or too hard (High HP Multiplayer designed Raid Bosses)

Its not that complicated to understand, really it’s just.. It’s not :(

But Nonetheless people who review DST even describe it as something it’s not. Peaceful by Day, Monsters come out to attack at Night? Bro.. unless we’re counting Charlies Darkness attack, spiders sleep schedule & maybe Batalisks from an intentionally unplugged Sinkhole you choose to pop open, DST just doesn’t actually DO That..

Theres the more dangerous caves/ruins, but that’s a far cry from monsters spawning to attack at night.

And yeah Reviews aren’t always accurate but it’s like they didn’t even play the game before reviewing it.

I can't understand your problem really. Won't that be a skill issue? Being respectful here, but maybe in the controller the game is way harder to kite? I never played with a controller.

Still I don't understand your point, what would be easy (biome exploration) is actually kinda hard, you have to learn how to sail to explore all biomes, and learn how to survive the cave's eternal darkness to explore everything down there. Sure surface is not that hard to explore, but then making it even harder would destroy immersion for beginners. See, I am taking your point in consideration AND a beginners view too.

Now, how could both be happy?

Dare I say "add more biomes". Why don't you try being creative and trying to find all sunken chests buried in the ocean? Still, they are working on it. They are probably going to add more things to the ocean AND the caves that are simple and new and don't actually lock you behind rifts. We already made polls about this and almost everyone agreed on a main land/ocean/caves/ruins reworks or additions.

I have no problems with raid bosses. The first time in my life that I tried to kill dfly I failed, then failed like 9 times until I actually got good at it. Today, I can 7 hit her without animation canceling because I learned her patterns. Sometimes I hardly even take armor to the fight. It's only when I try to be funny or do stupid strategies that I dies to them. Or when random frog rain or lunar hail or hounds happens.

24 minutes ago, mykenception said:

that view point is wrong, it should be "alright, decent, or correct". Perfect means the topic in question has reached the peak of excellence, and you cannot improve perfection

this viewpoint will definitely clash with others seeking improvement because the difference with each person's meaning

Then I will call it correct.

Crab king fight is correct.

Edited by Swiyss

30 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

On Xbox, PlayStation & Nintendo consoles- Yes.

On PC where players have access to mods and console command prompts- No.

Klei has also hinted at the possibility of additional achievements being added later if there’s enough fan demand for such a thing (similar to how Minecraft updates keep getting new ones)

I see

consoles require games to have achievements, so I can see why there's a reason that exists. 

iirc Klei scrapped the idea of retaining  achievements in the game because players would feel the need to fulfill them and once they're done, the game is "finished" and since the game is sandbox and doesn't have a relative end, they don't want that

anyways, I do not believe that achievements solely are the measure of skill (specifically implying PC doesn't have achievements because of the presence of mods and console just means PC players have no way to prove them selves)

and I don't think players are criticizing you for the lack of achievements, it more on a viewpoint difference 

Edited by mykenception
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

This forum is actually a bubble

Unfortunately, most forums not exclusive to only the klei forums will always tend to be echo chambers. Because the people that usually go on forums in the first place are either

A) Very devoted to the developers of the game and as such idolize the devs and can't see anything they do as wrong and shun anyone who says otherwise

B) They love the game a lot

The thing is most of B that have stances that want DST to be more like an uncompromising survival game like Don't Starve Alone was are demoralized constantly by everybody else on the forums and Klei themselves with their updates that just make the game more and more casual for a more mainstream audience to make more money. I remember seeing the lead uncomp dev leave a while ago for example

So ya, you're basically left with people who are fine with the current state of the game, actually like the random stuff klei keeps adding like Charlie State, Pirate Monke, Garbage Setpiece with Reskinned Raid boss with new FIRING MAHAA LASEZZZER attack, and other random stuff, or they just like want content updates and literally don't care.

So the few of us who remain for some reason when it's very obvious DST is not going to ever feel like Don't Starve Alone again... like an uncompromising survival game will pretty much get dogpiled and shunned by the rest until we eventually one day give up just like that uncompromising dev did and leave this place as well.

Edited by . . .
  • Sad 2

I’m not trying to be negative here but this topic keeps getting more toxic. Constructive and positive criticism is good but toxic and rude criticism is not. I might be taking a break from the forums due to how toxic it has been getting.   

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hi. said:

I’m not trying to be negative here but this topic keeps getting more toxic. Constructive and positive criticism is good but toxic and rude criticism is not. I might be taking a break from the forums due to how toxic it has been getting.   

Sad to hear that but I think you are maybe exaggerating things.

I am actually fine with most things on the new update. But creating a post saying how great everything is will not be that useful. It is great to give positive feedback, but I think that they know that if we're not talking about it, then it was probably a great addition. Not necessarily, but mainly that's how it works I think.

• Sanity 1
  • GL Happy 1

32 minutes ago, Hi. said:

Valid criticism that the game is becoming more casual is not toxic. People saying toxic is toxic behavior honestly since calling something toxic is low-key way of saying someone or something needs to be silenced/censored from being able to speak because you don't like what is being said.

How about you do yourself a favor and block the ones who are "toxic"... in your opinion :D

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hi. said:

See here’s the thing, Saying that “DST is a Mess of a game & can’t make up its mind what it wants to be or where it wants to go!” Isn’t toxic criticism. It’s an actual valid opinion someone may have about the game.

And you can see glimpses of that all over these forums- some people want X thing, others want Y thing, here in this very thread people reference DSA & how departed from that DST has become..

And someone calling DST a “ruined Mess” might have enjoyed DSA more, & are the last few desperate voices left on these forums trying hard not to let Klei do to the Dont Starve Franchise, what Capcom did to the Resident Evil Franchise. (Spoilers: It’s changed game Genres several times before finally going back to its roots)

Heres the thing though- This isn’t “Toxic” forum members, and if I’m being completely honest- Words like these should feel like an arrow to the heart in Klei’s chest, nah not physically, but mentally you get the idea..

Dont starve was their Baby, their pride & joy, their most successful IP they had going, and in some peoples eyes it’s almost like they took Old Yeller out behind the shed.

Hopefully with no disrespect meant to anyone, you can fully understand what I’m trying to say here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 1