Skill Spotlight: Wigfrid and Willow (Available Now!)

>willow and wigfrid update

>everyone excited to see willow and wigfrid

>short comes out

>it's about walter

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Spoiler

THEPAINDOESNTENDTHEPAINDOESNTENDTHEPAINDOESNTENDTHEPAINDOESNTENDTHEPAINDOESNTENDTHEPAINDOESNTENDTHEPAINDOESNTEND

image.png.0faf636c64d483dbd684f1b8cc3fc8d3.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 6
  • Wavey 5
  • Big Ups 1

The short is fun and all, but I'm quite disappointed we didn't get to see Wigfrid and Willow...

The story itself feels a lot more Hallowed Nights than Winter's Feast as well...

Also I kind of thought we'd get to see all characters featured in Wilson's guide when they get their skillsets.

I love new skins, balding Wendy is cute, but there's no Abi flower and Wigfrid and Willow got no Archaic skin sets... There's no new skins for Willow's Lighter and Bernie nor Wigfrid's Battle Helm and Spear.

It's not that I want to point out all the bad things, but I'd rather get the full and finished package later than an uncooked meal now. I'd be fine with just Winter's Feast and Merrymaker skins (alongside Wolfgang, Warly and Wortox) added now. Wigfrid and Willow skillset spotlight could have been just rescheduled for the next year.

BaldingWendyinWigandWillrework.png.7e7706a24e82f69a11941837d6aa3cb4.png

Edited by Sapientis
  • Like 7

Wanda main here. I just fought the new boss and was very disappointed to see the entire island despawn after the fight, right after I set a teleport point to it. This is so lame, now my teleport leads into the water and I cannot use it. Furthermore, I can't park a boat near the island and set up a teleport to the boat because the boat gets pushed away as well when the island breaks/regrows. And the ice boats somehow stole the lightning rod from my boat. Before the fight: 
DontStarveTogether19-12-202320-14-38.png.dbe42a83ca9da1e9f7358e388ef2c108.png

Me, returning back to the island to trade him more fish and discover that he's gone now (super lame). Lighting rod is still on the boat: 
DontStarveTogether19-12-202320-26-09.png.5baf8a98c6700450cc8c7a62a0fa3801.png

Right after the first round of ice boats broke from the island: 
DontStarveTogether19-12-202320-26-29.png.c4d1dae21465e6caf62255f258ef9bc0.png

The lightning rod is just gone, not even broken (no materials dropped), it disappeared as my boat was pushed away with these ice circles.

Island is completely gone after a while: 
DontStarveTogether19-12-202320-31-20.png.7d2d5eb8167a85ac8325363c43af94f8.png

I would like to see the change where the whole island doesn't despawn entirely and at least 9 tiles of solid ground stay (the fishing hole tile and adjacent 8 tiles). Like a core of the island, indicating it's there. For now this all feels very anti-Wanda :(

Don't Starve Together 19-12-2023 20-14-38.png

17 minutes ago, Sapientis said:

The story itself feels a lot more Hallowed Nights than Winter's Feast as well...

I wonder if they went this route because of the old tradition of telling scary ghost stories around Christmas. The tradition died in the early 1900s so it wouldn't make that much sense for the 1910s-1920s time period of DST but it could still be why.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Heartbreaking! Wanda players forced to engage with the sailing mechanic!

Wortox as well. It feels weird to see a place that changes so much and doesn't allow players to teleport to. And I do genuinely like to sail, I've uncovered almost the entire map in my world. I just also like setting up teleports to places and bosses instead of walking/sailing there because it saves a lot of time in the end. I play the character for the special abilities and unique playstyle and I don't like being robbed of my benefits. I see no reason why the entire island should despawn leaving no trace. How does the hole appear then? It makes no sense that the tile that has the hole disappears entirely instead of staying there. 

30 minutes ago, Lovens said:

Wanda main here. I just fought the new boss and was very disappointed to see the entire island despawn after the fight, right after I set a teleport point to it. This is so lame, now my teleport leads into the water and I cannot use it. Furthermore, I can't park a boat near the island and set up a teleport to the boat because the boat gets pushed away as well when the island breaks/regrows. And the ice boats somehow stole the lightning rod from my boat. Before the fight:

The ice island changes its location every time you defeat the boss, you'll have to check your map to find it again in a different spot when it spawns again. My advice would be to take note of the location it spawns before you head over there, and plan to do something else fun nearby the island like a waterlogged biome or salt shoal to get the most out of your trip!

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

Very much appreciated the short, though suprrised no wigfrid/Willow. Also, Wormwood and Wurt appearances! They have rarely shown up other than in focused shorts so that's always nice.

I guess we'll probably get Willow/Wigfrids archaic skins in the lunar new year, while Wolfgang, Warly and Wortox get theirs next year.

The choice for the animated short being relevant to next year is interesting, I wonder if its referring to the pigman house, the shadow watcher or Walters skill tree.

Is it unusual for Abigail's flower not to be immediately added? It's not available rn and I do rather like the flower.

Nice update, I have a few points concerning Willow though:

We can't attack the shadow creatures attacking BERNIE if our sanity is high enough. iirc, you can attack shadow creatures from other players if they're actively in combat with them, even with a high sanity, so that would be nice to be able to do the same with BERNIE

It's also a bit of a shame the skill "Flame Cast" doesn't ignite BERNIE, it would've been super nice
"Burn duration" doesn't affect BERNIE either. With and without the skill, it still burns 20 seconds

Edited by b l a n k
  • Like 4
  • Sanity 1

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Tales From the Constant: Swine & Dine

Grab your popcorn and gather 'round for a hair-raising tale of terror from the Constant's resident campfire story aficionado.

Skill Spotlight: Wigfrid and Willow

Highlights:

• Willow Skill Tree added.
  • Wigfrid Skill Tree added.
  • Try your hand at some ice fishing. Who know what you'll catch.

New Skins

merry23.png

Complete Merrymaker Chest” ($16.99usd)
This Merrymaker Chest contains the complete Merrymaker series of survivor and belonging skins.

Merrymaker Survivors Chest, Part III ($4.99usd)
This Merrymaker Chest contains the third addition to the Merrymaker skin series. Contains skins for: Walter, Wendy, and Webber.

New Twitch Drops

image.png

The Nouveau Frigid Firepit Suit joins the Art Nouveau collection. Check out the post for more details

Winter's Feast

WintersFeastGen.png

Winter skins have appeared to get our survivors into the winter spirit, and for a limited time, the chances of receiving a rare gift have been substantially increased!

For the duration of the Winter's Feast event, players will have access to a free set of skins. The Yuletide Overcoat, Yuletide Frock, Jingly Tophat, Gingerbread Chest, and the Plum Pudding Cap.

Mind Over Magic

If you missed it Mind Over Magic is the first game by Klei Publishing to be released into Early Access! 

Design, construct, and optimize every detail of your ideal magic school! Keep everyone alive and content while preparing students to explore the horrors of the Underschool, a deadly subterranean trial. Study lost arcana, grow exotic plants, brew potions, and raise undead servants. But don’t forget to stop the deadly fog from consuming everything in its path.

And that's it for now!

We're dropping this update a bit early so we can make sure we button up any issues that we didn't catch in testing and then we'll take ourselves a little break. When we return, it will be back to the good stuff with a roadmap likely end of January. 

From all of us at Klei - Thanks for another wonderful year! We'll see you in 2024!

View full update

hello!!, where can i get the wendy art in good quality? i want to use it as wallpaper.image.png.79460d55e160c9c5c7ea847d873c2409.png

4 hours ago, Jason said:

New Skins

merry23.png

Complete Merrymaker Chest” ($16.99usd)
This Merrymaker Chest contains the complete Merrymaker series of survivor and belonging skins.

Merrymaker Survivors Chest, Part III ($4.99usd)
This Merrymaker Chest contains the third addition to the Merrymaker skin series. Contains skins for: Walter, Wendy, and Webber.

Are these coming to the Steam store as DLC and an updated bundle? The starter pack is already up, but merrymaker survivors pt.3 is not, and therefore the steam store bundle has diverged from the in-game bundle.

1 hour ago, Lovens said:

Wortox as well. It feels weird to see a place that changes so much and doesn't allow players to teleport to. And I do genuinely like to sail, I've uncovered almost the entire map in my world. I just also like setting up teleports to places and bosses instead of walking/sailing there because it saves a lot of time in the end. I play the character for the special abilities and unique playstyle and I don't like being robbed of my benefits. I see no reason why the entire island should despawn leaving no trace. How does the hole appear then? It makes no sense that the tile that has the hole disappears entirely instead of staying there. 

The Mechanic will probably be the same as for Toadstool or Klaus, you can probably set a boat close but not exactly there with an occuvigil near the places it spawns until you know all the spawners, then you can just TP to your boat and row a little.

I think its engaging, specially considering that the reward of this boss lets everyone teleport their boat around.

• Like 1

I love everything but honestly everything looks too incomplete, I can't believe I'll have to wait another year for a merry maker skin of Wortox I assume they want to combine Walter's skill tree with the other 2 and release 3 archaic skins in January but the Honestly, I waited too long for this update and it ended up disappointing me. but hey happy holidays klei I know they have something great prepared for next year

• Like 1