Skill Spotlight: Wigfrid and Willow (Available Now!)

11 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Don't get me wrong. The short itself was decent enough. I'm just baffled by the choice of this short for this update is all. After the last skill tree short gave us some fun shenanigans between all the updated characters, it's quite dissapointing to not get any of that between Willow and Wigfrid.

I LOVED this trailer, but yeah. judging by how much of this update seems to be rushed, like the missing Merrymakers in the 'complete' set, they probably wanted this and Winter's Feast to be separate updates but didn't want to delay the 2024 roadmap after people got so upset last year

• Like 4

i feel the short was meant to release during hallowed nights but like for some reason got delayed because like it's so halloweeny and wigfrid willow and sharkboy are just completely absent ToT

the fact the last update trailer didn't mention hallowed nights too kinda makes me think something happened with the schedule here

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Health 1

I wanna preface this by acknowledging my post sounds very rude and potentially aggressive, but I do not mean it at all. I am a fan of Klei's team and love what they do with the game, be it cosmetics or mechanics or even community interaction. The main reason for me to be "let down" (again, a hyperbole) is how I was personally looking forward to the [Archaic] skins I came to expect from skill tree updates and a short focusing on the update's featured characters, with (as we've had before) possibly a small lore-drop at the end. Thank you so much for what you do with this game, please do not take this post as offense if you do end up reading it.

I don't understand why the short is completely unrelated to the update. No new boss, no throwback as a "survival guide", neither Wigfrid or Willow appear in it! The ambience is also that of a halloween-appropriate short, which I don't understand - why is the short so unrelated to the update and current events? On top of that, why is the 'complete' merrymaker chest called that? Wolfgang, Warly and Wortox were left without one. And the chest's promotional art leaves Woodie out! I'm also confused due to the lack of new skins for Willow and Wigfrid, the updated characters, belonging to the Archaic collection: I thought we were getting Archaic skins whenever a character got their skill tree.

• Like 19
  • Sad 1
  • Shopcat 1

What's the point of the short? Don't get me wrong, It's beatifuly done and I really liked it. But what does it have to do with Wigfrid and Willow?

I'm really getting huge Wilson skill tree flashbacks from this update. Willow and Wigfrid deserved better Imho.

Edited by mkemal23
  • Like 9
  • Sad Dupe 2

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

I think I should preface, this short is amazing, but I’m just confused as to how it really relates to the update? It definitely feels like it was supposed to come out during hallowed nights and just couldn’t make it in time

I'm not sure I'd say that, last Tales from the Constant was also Winter's Feast

• Like 3

I'm sorry to say this, but you guys need a break.

I admire your efforts to release constant updates on a regular timeframe, but it's clearly exhausting you. Take a month or two off. When you come back, you can start hammering out a lot of the rough spots that have been popping up.

It's OKAY to take a break. Anyone complaining that updates aren't coming out fast enough are precisely the people you should be ignoring.

• Like 24

Why is nobody talking about pigman? Hes the real hero of this story - not Wigfrid, not  Willow and not even Walter. Bro let poor boy and his dog enter his house, and gave em shelter and a meat stew. 

1 minute ago, Echsrick said:

ok 2 things

1. this animation cool and all but not realy anything to do with wigfried or willow, in fact it looks more walter update then these 2....

2. WURT EATS MEAT EXPLAIN
image.png.fb42e9e72018065bfad3967f8e8438a2.png

fig kebab

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Why is nobody talking about pigman? Hes the real hero of this story - not Wigfrid, not  Willow and not even Walter. Bro let poor boy and his dog enter his house, and gave em shelter and a meat stew. 

fig kebab

c5b50ef632add75b.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wavey 2
  • Spooky 1