Skill Spotlight: Wigfrid and Willow (Available Now!)

1 hour ago, loonreaper said:

what do you think about burning Bernie? Is there a viable, playable insight allocation for this?

I definitely think she is better than Wendy for a lot of mobs. It's hard to manage Abby as well as she dies so easily versus bigger bosses. Even against Moosegoose she's useless because Abby gets targeted like crazy

Kinda the difference between Bernie and Abi is that Abi gets a shield that mitigates damage within a small window, while Bernie just gets raw health.  Raw health, plus his alignment perk make him a lot more durable for big hitting bosses BUT a lot of bosses don't want to target him.  Partly because aggro is based on attacking and he attacks slow, but also some bosses just have preference for players and will ignore him.  This is unfortunate b/c Burning Bernie only deals damage if Bernie is attacked.  This leaves Bernie with sorta mismatched mechanics.  His defense is good against single big hitters where he lacks offense, and his offense is good against swarms where he lacks defense.  This is why I call him a knock-off Abi.  Abi's defense shield and damage over time make her great for swarms of small mobs, and with her petal buff and potions she can join in bosses too.  Bernie kinda fails a bit both ways.

1 hour ago, loonreaper said:

I think my because burning frenzy just takes so much time to set up for me I would trade it for fireball and hot-headed for for tough stuffing 2. This leaves two more skill points for lunar bernie and lunar flame (Which I still am not a big fan of, I just don't see what else to put it into other than burning frenzy. 

Try the shadow fire skill.  I think Lunar has more obvious value because it can floor crowds of mobs like monkeys, hounds, etc but shadow fire is easy to fire off in pretty much any fight for some extra damage.  Its shadow aligned so lunar bosses - of which there are many and more coming - take extra damage too.  I think you can use it to get a stun on dfly, but not a scale...

Also I really like the fireball skill - if only because I don't like lanterns lol.  I don't like having to go back to the caves to collect lightbulbs so much, or the high crafting costs of filling chests with lanterns with all the uses of rope early game.  When I'm running around I just use my lighter, and if I ever need to stop and do anything I drop a fireball.  They are pretty cheap.

Edited by Yuuko

28 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

Try the shadow fire skill.  I think Lunar has more obvious value because it can floor crowds of mobs like monkeys, hounds, etc but shadow fire is easy to fire off in pretty much any fight for some extra damage.  Its shadow aligned so lunar bosses - of which there are many and more coming - take extra damage too.  I think you can use it to get a stun on dfly, but not a scale...

And you're forgetting the most important part: Shadow Bernie Clears lunar Bernie in aesthetics, Ashley too.

Shadow_Bernie_Big.webp.56b0da709bc2a53d02b06d3aa2536e7e.webpLunar_Bernie_Big.webp.1d68e9d83e6c9b05fe85b68e9ad11150.webp

• Like 1
  • Wavey 2

4 hours ago, Yuuko said:

Also I really like the fireball skill - if only because I don't like lanterns lol.  I don't like having to go back to the caves to collect lightbulbs so much, or the high crafting costs of filling chests with lanterns with all the uses of rope early game.  When I'm running around I just use my lighter, and if I ever need to stop and do anything I drop a fireball.  They are pretty cheap.

Now that is an interesting thought. Do you know if the shadow skill works while on a beefalo? I really just want to increase my DPS versus raid bosses as I think her various mechanics work wonderfully against mobs of all sizes and mini-bosses. I could see a burning frenzy plus black flame combo potentially doing some damage. 

44 minutes ago, loonreaper said:

Now that is an interesting thought. Do you know if the shadow skill works while on a beefalo? I really just want to increase my DPS versus raid bosses as I think her various mechanics work wonderfully against mobs of all sizes and mini-bosses. I could see a burning frenzy plus black flame combo potentially doing some damage. 

Unfortunately she can't cast either alignment spell from a beef.  idk why Klei went so hard on nerfs with the cool downs and no beef casting compared to Max who has no cooldowns, casts it all from beef mount, super cheap nm fuel casting 5 of any spell per single fuel, and he still doesn't even have his skill tree T_T but yeah that's how it is :\ 

Edited by Yuuko
  • Sad 1
  • Big Ups 1

10 hours ago, Yuuko said:

Unfortunately she can't cast either alignment spell from a beef.  idk why Klei went so hard on nerfs with the cool downs and no beef casting compared to Max who has no cooldowns, casts it all from beef mount, super cheap nm fuel casting 5 of any spell per single fuel, and he still doesn't even have his skill tree T_T but yeah that's how it is :\ 

They should've changed the ember system so that you can still spam it but it cost less (like maxwell), but also changed the lunar spell to follow your cursor not the character. I think the fire sprites were also a lil bit weird and too big, if it was a straight line of fire with a vertical small effect of fire (like an edge of a lighter) then it would be great imo.

Something like this (just pls don't mind my horrible drawing) :20240131_115245.jpg.c6287aeda462cec9089b06f001a2ef6a.jpg

• Like 1