Winter's Feast is Here & Skill Spotlight Coming Next Week!

• Developer

867f894ecc48db746b7ee02c190bfed3f502c3c3

Winter's Feast
Lots of festive activities provide entertainment for all our Survivors. Visit the Deerclops, See Klaus's Gem Deer! There's fun, food, and treats from the Festive Table, or start your own bakery. And lots more. Winter's feast is fun, forest, and fantasy all rolled into one!

An Uncommon Holiday
Winter skins have appeared to get our survivors into the winter spirit, and for a limited time, the chances of receiving a rare gift have been substantially increased!

Festive Holiday Attire
For the duration of the Winter's Feast event, players will have access to a free set of skins. The Yuletide Overcoat, Yuletide Frock, Jingly Tophat, Gingerbread Chest, and the Plum Pudding Cap.

Historically Accurate Don't Starve Holiday Cards
We just got finished with round 1 of our annual Winter Game Jam. Jen, a writer on Don't Starve Together experimented with making some historically accurate Don't Starve Themed holiday cards and while we don't normally share things we make during the game jam, we thought that you might make good use of them. Snowman - WobsterRat - Afraid - RadishWorm

And next week - December 19th
We want to get it out to you a bit earlier than our regular Thursday update so we have time to get things fixed up before we head out to holiday break and so we will be releasing our "Skill Spotlight: Wigfrid & Willow" next week a bit early on Tuesday December 19th.

See you Tuesday!

View full update

• Like 54
  • Health 5
  • GL Happy 2

56 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Also - really hope the current state of the beta is getting at least 1 more patch first...  The current state is not very good for Willow.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

And next week - December 19th

We want to get it out to you a bit earlier than our regular Thursday update so we have time to get things fixed up before we head out to holiday break and so we will be releasing our "Skill Spotlight: Wigfrid & Willow" next week a bit early on Tuesday December 19th.

See you Tuesday!

There will be another patch, wether it's the one people expect... Who knows.

Just gotta get that feedback out, as much as possible. Also nice that there might be some room for console feedback this time... Maybe. Unless they just mean bug fixes.

• Like 2

I wish they would add a Bernie nightmare phase. I was hoping her skill tree would make it easier to find worlds that would let me play. But she's so bland compared to the other. So making her more useful during the nightmare phase. Maybe making him come to life and give him a power boost, and doing the same during a lunar storm. And adding lighter add-ons like something that will make endothermic fires. Instead of regular flames. I usually make my own word or play with people I know because I get kicked out for picking Willow. So now I just play solo unless my nephews visit in my day off.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

There will be another patch, wether it's the one people expect... Who knows.

Just gotta get that feedback out, as much as possible. Also nice that there might be some room for console feedback this time... Maybe. Unless they just mean bug fixes.

I'm confident they'll give us a beta patch tomorrow as they seem to patch weekly.  But whatever that patch is will probably be the live version.  What they'll be doing after are bug fixes ahead of their holiday time off, not further development.  Its not impossible they do more development post-release, but I'm not holding my breath.  They have a LOT of skill trees to do, and a lot more heat to wade through then a nerf to Willow going forward.

• Like 1

I'm not normally one to be skeptical of Klei, but I can't say I'm overly fond of them pushing the update in the state that it's in. As others have said, key parts of the update haven't even been functional for nearly the whole duration of the beta. Though they'll no doubt fix the crashes by then, that still means things won't have been adequately playtested  before going live. There's also the matter of some rather placeholder-looking assets, as well as the kinda generic, somewhat lackluster nature of Willow's skills in general.

Though there's cases like Wormwood's skills being altered post-launch, I'd rather them just push Willow and Wigfrid's skill trees back until the new year; less stress on the devs to meet a deadline, more of a chance for players to get a better update.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Big Ups 7

1 hour ago, TrashLord said:

PC folks take for granted how readily heard their feedback is. As a console user too many times has the ship already sailed by the time it gets to our hands.

You're underlooking the fact that some of us don't get to give adequate feedback until it's actually released. This is for us, and for once we maybe be getting some playtesting in since I doubt Klei doesn't see this as a rough launch.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 2