Winter's Feast is Here & Skill Spotlight Coming Next Week!

On 12/14/2023 at 5:29 PM, TrashLord said:

I'm not normally one to be skeptical of Klei, but I can't say I'm overly fond of them pushing the update in the state that it's in. As others have said, key parts of the update haven't even been functional for nearly the whole duration of the beta. Though they'll no doubt fix the crashes by then, that still means things won't have been adequately playtested  before going live. There's also the matter of some rather placeholder-looking assets, as well as the kinda generic, somewhat lackluster nature of Willow's skills in general.

Though there's cases like Wormwood's skills being altered post-launch, I'd rather them just push Willow and Wigfrid's skill trees back until the new year; less stress on the devs to meet a deadline, more of a chance for players to get a better update.

They have to release these things onto Xbox, PlayStation & Switch because there are rare times when a bug that is exclusive to that specific platform will surface, I will NEVER forget my game crashing anytime I tried to equip a torch or step foot into a sandstorm.

While yes, you may want more time to develop in beta, I’d prefer them instead get it out to console players so that those platform specific bugs can quickly be found and erased, cause tbh I’d rather not have another event happen where Klei released an update that broke Xbox version until they could fix it months later.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

They have to release these things onto Xbox, PlayStation & Switch because there are rare times when a bug that is exclusive to that specific platform will surface, I will NEVER forget my game crashing anytime I tried to equip a torch or step foot into a sandstorm.

While yes, you may want more time to develop in beta, I’d prefer them instead get it out to console players so that those platform specific bugs can quickly be found and erased, cause tbh I’d rather not have another event happen where Klei released an update that broke Xbox version until they could fix it months later.

As another fellow console player I 100% agree with this. While my situation may or may not have been as dire as yours or may not even be console only I still remember being unable to join about 80% of all public servers, the game freezing at the loading screen all the time when backtracking to the caves or doing a rollback on the server and even being ENTIRELY locked out from joining my friend’s world ever again and this went on for weeks before one hopeful day a patch got released which let me actually play the game normally again 

Bugs can be so unpredictable and it takes longer to get them fixed on consoles so the concern is very real especially now that Klei is heading out to their well deserved holiday 

• Like 1
  • Health 1