[CONTENT WARNING] I hope Klei can explain what is“Our Chinese community are largely supportive”

whiteking

Jews may feel uncomfortable with the six pointed star, so why do they add this pattern to their national flag? They will put the six pointed star on the national flag, indicating that they should really like this element?

Do Americans dislike the stars on their national flags? Do Canadians dislike the maple leaves on their national flags?

Isn't adding their favorite elements to the game a respect for them?

I hope some Jewish friends can answer the above questions to help me solve my doubts.

Snipaste_2023-06-30_12-05-23.png

4 hours ago, Zeklo said:

I know this is a complicated issue due to language barrier. I can't even be sure I'm understanding your intent correctly. With that said:

A fundamental piece that just continues to bother me is how much one of this site's admins has been villainized. Especially considering a statement in question was said to keep the non-foreign forumers from thinking poorly on the foreign ones! It was something said with good intent that got misunderstood and warped due to translation.

I logically understand the feelings of being muted, but the lack of nuance that comes from auto-translation made some of these posts written in unfavorable ways. In that sense, the moderation around them was unfortunate but reasonable to ensure [accidental] malicious discussion wasn't being generated.

It really is just a huge language barrier issue. I hope all sides will eventually level, and then Klei can work towards solutions to ensure beneficial communication going forward.

Would you like to hear me talk about this matter, in another place. If you think I will deceive you, you can ask Klei's employees after the end if this description is true.

the best way to stop them is to ignore them, when they use up their stamina they will get bored, if you really have something to say, please finish it once, but don't reply any response they sent to you, Otherwise this topic will never end

just like some country gradually reduce its dependence on China's manufacturing industry

So why dont we have a 1350 spools giveaway fest? I mean, NONE OF US are benefiting from this chaos, but a lot people do think the new art not as good as the initiate one. 1350 spools to all of us should work better than that refund entry, and hopefully end this madness.

Spoiler

And for my greediest wishes: If new beta branch could be available soon, I believe this topic will instantly decay. 

10 hours ago, Seberiangay said:

Translation: why didn't nazi kill the jews all

1725520065_WeixinImage_20230629145503.thumb.png.01a0096f3d2b7e0a959e4849b56fec0d.png

For those individuals from Tieba who thought that I misunderstood their words, could you tell if there was any translation error? In what "language environment" would this sentence be considered appropriate?

31 minutes ago, Seberiangay said:

For those individuals from Tieba who thought that I misunderstood their words, could you tell if there was any translation error? In what "language environment" would this sentence be considered appropriate?

别自爆了宝贝,开个小号再来吧。不过不如说,你这个大号它看起来都像是小号。

So. This is a very pointless flame war. One side that is wrong is trying to make a point because they didn't like what the other side felt uncomfortable about.

Petty, really. Also don't speak for others or communities largely because that can have major consequences towards you than the other. Nobody likes 'representors'.

Klei did what they did in careful consideration of changing skin details because -they can- and -they've considered why to do it- so make what you will cause whoever still is arguing about it ain't gonna be winning much by type-screaming at them for trying to be inclusive and considerate for those feeling not right about a controversial detail.

11 minutes ago, Fufuji said:

别自爆了宝贝,开个小号再来吧。不过不如说,你这个大号它看起来都像是小号。

It seems like you are angry with me because you can't explain these hatred words in an appropriate way. So  the individuals in Tieba could consider should offer an apology and refrain from further posting.

46 minutes ago, Seberiangay said:

It seems like you are angry with me because you can't explain these hatred words in an appropriate way. So  the individuals in Tieba could consider should offer an apology and refrain from further posting.

我们一直都在尝试着把话题拉回问题本身,而不是种族主义VS民粹主义。虽然中文社区一直以来对种族主义和论坛对中国的相关侮辱包容性都很强,但似乎由论坛和外网滋生的种族主义正不断生长壮大。我们真诚地希望相关人士能够道歉,并为他们首先做出的冒犯性行为和言论担责。

3 hours ago, Jeff Richardson said:

Jews may feel uncomfortable with the six pointed star, so why do they add this pattern to their national flag? They will put the six pointed star on the national flag, indicating that they should really like this element?

Do Americans dislike the stars on their national flags? Do Canadians dislike the maple leaves on their national flags?

I hope some Jewish friends can answer the above questions to help me solve my doubts.

I'm not jewish but the reason that the star of david on wigfrid's helmet was uncomfortable wasn't solely because of the simple appearance of the symbol, it was the way that the symbol (which is pretty representative of the thing as a whole) was tied in with the eldritch god known as alter and all the lunar stuff around it. that context is what makes it uncomfortable, and why other appearances of a star of david-esque pattern haven't been put under nearly as much scrutiny

On 6/28/2023 at 6:31 PM, ZRY25010 said:

We are outraged by joeW's attitude and I would like to remove cows, pigs and monkeys and snakes because there are other religions that believe in these animals as well.

Okay, how is THAT offensive?

首先,本人是玩了一千多小时科雷游戏的科雷粉丝,并且一直都是坚定维护科雷公司利益的一名玩家。但是本次贵公司的行为属是令人心寒。

贵公司这次的行为主要有两点令我气愤,一是在皮肤上线后再次修改皮肤,侵犯了我的消费者权益。就好像商家的虚假宣传一样,货不对板。二是joew一开始发表的几条不恰当回复,这里就不再重复了。

对于新皮肤的修改,尽管目前克雷官方已经在bilibili上发布了退款链接。但是,还有很多玩家是通过线轴编制获得这个皮肤的,对于这部分玩家来说,他们也应该被补偿。因此,我建议贵公司通过可以原价分解该皮肤(而不是只能通过分解获得450线轴)或者补偿玩家1250线轴来解决货不对板的问题。

关于joew的言论,他已经做出了道歉和对言辞不当的解释。作为贵公司的忠实粉丝,我一直期盼着贵公司能够做的更大更强,但是中国古语说,忠言逆耳利于行,良药苦口利于病。joew的言论,也恰恰说明了一些问题,科雷对于中国社区缺少了解。事实上,科雷论坛上讨论的玩家可能远远不及中国的一些较小论坛,而对于几乎可以说是最大的论坛——百度贴吧更是知之甚少。在这样的情况下,joew做出对中国社区错误的判断也是正常的。但是,贵公司的主要营销额来自中国,中国也在玩家基数上有压倒性的优势。正如中国古人所说,兼听则明,偏听则暗。目前活跃在科雷论坛上的玩家是少数,而在论坛外,因为语言等多重问题被挡在外面的是多数。在这样的特殊情况下,贵公司如果不去开启中文论坛,吸纳听取中国社区的意见,我们的科雷游戏、科雷公司又怎能发展进步呢?

image.png.cb171c2da95eb9466df8e4635ad8e24e.png

If I understand correctly your points are:

1.Change the spools for the skin from 450 to 1250 for the Wigfrid skin item.

2. Have someone else other than Corey(someone else? google translate might have caused a bit of an issue with the name) be someone who the others at Klei can talk to about the chinese community.

3. Add the refund link to other chinese forums. 

4. Klei should have its own chinese forum.

5. False advertising. The promo for the skin looked a certain way, the skin looked different.

6. Joew posted some inappropriate replies.

------------------------------------------------------

Here are some counter points to some things.

1. While it is true that most players might be chinese, it does not mean really anything, as most staff speak only english(from what I know,could be wrong). And what about russian players? Or danish, french, german etc. Maybe they too want a forum with their own language. Might help Klei to grow as a company in different ways.

2. What might be best is if the refund link is added on the store page itself. Within the descrition of the game or maybe where the skins are located in the skin store.

3.Klei doesn't have to go to other forums and add a link there.(This could be problematic itself as someone else could just claim to be Klei and steal money from those who might be too trustworthy) Klei can if they have not already post on Twitter and Facebook. 

4. I highly doubt Joew posted anything inappropriate.

------------------------------------------------------

I do have to warn, I translated with Google Translate so there might have been some issues from translating from chinese to english.

7 hours ago, Nicolas Liu said:

Someone said originally that the original hexagram looks like the David's star...

Hexagon, not hexagram.

Also,

6 hours ago, Jeff Richardson said:

Yes, lol. I chuckled when I read the change was done to prevent people from wearing this skin as a badge of their anti-semitic stance.

1673658898_pepethefrogclown.thumb.png.462abed762ebc8ae6c0a1d6cbc53fc72.png

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that it goes beyond all bounds.
First, games are a creative field and developers can add whatever they feel is appropriate for the game. Secondly, the changes to the skin are not so critical that they create a huge buzz about it. Thirdly, the change they made is not dangerous for anyone, perhaps the replacement of the star is a good reason because they can get rid of one complaint about the skin and add a detail in the form of an alter, which is much more logical in the skin than a star.
It is obvious that initially it was not the star of David, but the sign itself does not even mean something negative. Developers can add any religious symbols or references as long as it is their vision. The star was replaced at the same time because of the complaint and because the change to Alter would really benefit the skin. Such a minor redesign should only create a positive effect, but for some reason it really pissed off many players. I thought people would forget about it a couple of hours after the change, but this debate continues for some reason.
Oddly enough, the reference to Lot's Wife, the pintagram as an old magic tab image, or the pentagram on the Sail Stick, Apocalypsis Ioannis in the Wormwood short does not offend anyone.
Or this is not worth arguing about, or I do not see the full picture and the exact reason why the players are angry.
Klei is one of the few companies I trust. They are very polite with the players, always respond to complaints, always ready to help. They respect the community and the lore of the game. They know what they are doing, unlike many other current companies (indie and beyond) who have been doing very strange things lately. I'm glad the klei didn't fall into this weird trend where players need to be cherished. Many other companies are afraid of somehow offending the player or that the player will leave because the game is difficult.
I stopped trusting companies like Mojang, ScottGames, Joey Drew Studios and many other companies a long time ago because of the weird things they can do or don't seem to know what the players want.
I don't think this is worth it. A small detail on the helmet did not mean anything, and does not mean anything. I think JoeW is already tired of all this. Let the developers be focused on continuing to create good updates for the game, and not be distracted by such misunderstandings. They didn't do anything wrong.
Forgive me if I said something wrong, if I made a mistake somewhere, or if I didn’t understand the whole topic correctly at all. Be polite to both players and developers

姐,或者哥,你特意来这里留言希望公司听取反馈却甚至不写他们看得懂的字岂不很没说服力吗?

看看二楼的要花多大力气明白你说什么。这会让他们觉得你的话不值得,并再次增加“又一个来闹事的中国人”这种偏见。

所以尊重点好不, 否则他们大可不必鸟你

(English translation)

Sis, or bro, it's not very convincing when you come here specifically to leave a message hoping the company will listen to feedback but don't even use a language they can understand, right? Look at the person who left that comment. They put in a lot of effort just to roughly understand what you were saying. It will make them feel that your words are not worth it, and add the prejudice of "another Chinese who came to make trouble" again.

So be respectful, Otherwise, they could simply ignore you.

It's actually difficult, but there's one thing I support.

Removing this skin can return 1350 spools, or compensate for the spool loss caused by removing this skin in other ways.

I can accept the changed skin, but there are always people who don't like it, and there are many of them.

3 hours ago, Fufuji said:

我们一直都在尝试着把话题拉回问题本身,而不是种族主义VS民粹主义。虽然中文社区一直以来对种族主义和论坛对中国的相关侮辱包容性都很强,但似乎由论坛和外网滋生的种族主义正不断生长壮大。我们真诚地希望相关人士能够道歉,并为他们首先做出的冒犯性行为和言论担责。

Well, I don't think so many chinese players using soap to refer about the Jewish is trying to put the topic back.I think you are out of sense.

11 hours ago, whiteking said:

So he must have the power of a giant, just like Alan Yeager, who can modify everyone's memory

If the center government could believe the peasant have enough food to eat,that the center government could also make up to everyone all these things.

But they couldn't,and everyone on the outside of the GFW can easily find these facts and providence by googling.

Archived