Wilson's Character Refresh is Available Now!

59 minutes ago, CatDrKahl said:

where do you actually access his new skill tree? I've checked basically everywhere. 

"inspect self" menu. (by default, can be accessed by pressing I or the character head button to the right of inventory) 

also you can rearrange the points before starting by choosing Wilson and clicking on the button at the bottom. 

13 hours ago, skile said:

"inspect self" menu. (by default, can be accessed by pressing I or the character head button to the right of inventory) 

also you can rearrange the points before starting by choosing Wilson and clicking on the button at the bottom. 

thank you!

image.png.1c7fa86692df14e7effe4b53cb4fff7d.png

Does anyone have any idea why Wilson's hands are always black or white? The only thing I can assume is that it is some piece of clothing, but I still can't figure out what it is. I have heard the suggestion that Wilson's hands turned black after he sat on the throne. I've watched a lot of the shorts and the only thing that didn't fit was the first trailer for The Forge. But that doesn't seem to be the case, as here we see Wilson before hitting the Constant with black hands.

On 3/18/2023 at 4:38 AM, Deerclops Mika said:

Does anyone have any idea why Wilson's hands are always black or white?

The devs have confirmed a number of times that it's up to whoever is drawing the frames' preference. 
There's no genuine lore explanation/reasoning, it's whatever the animators feel like.

Additionally, it helps to chance them depending on the scene, helps them stick out.
Some devs have mentioned its fun to consider them as gloves, with my favorite being the time they joked about his arms being really hairy and beard covered LOL

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2023 at 6:21 PM, Jason said:

Any hint about what we are working on would be too much of a spoiler so we don't have any clever hints about what's coming this time

meaning that next update is most likely either going to be about wagstaff's second portal experiment from the trailer or the lore of pig 2

22 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:

Wilson is working with Charlie(?):
 image.thumb.png.934371171e89869c0e1f95abc02246ea.png

Call me ignorant on the vast Don't Starve lore but i don't think there's a single time Charlie is referred to as "Queen" no in game or in the shorts

Maybe i'm missing something here? i dunno. considering also how no one reffered to Maxwell as king when he was the ruler of The Constant

4 minutes ago, GADom1984 said:

Call me ignorant on the vast Don't Starve lore but i don't think there's a single time Charlie is referred to as "Queen" no in game or in the shorts

"They say the Shadow Queen herself comes at night to snatch up anyone foolish enough to wander in the dark..." - Loading screen tips

She's also a queen in Little Drama. 

• Like 3

I understand that it is inappropriate to ask for something after the rework, but if Wilson's "Affinity" had increased his damage by 11% against moon creatures, then the player would not have to see 1 hp on enemies.

Example, Naked mole bat: 68*1,1=74,8

150-74,8=0,4

The game counts this as 1