Wilson's Character Refresh is Available Now!

I had been dreading Wilson's new animation for years, since the first refresh came out, for fear that it would contradict my headcanon. But my headcanon remains largely intact after this! I loved getting to see Wilson moving into his house and poking around and investigating everything like a good little scientist. Thank you, Klei!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jason said:

New Skins!

wilsets.png

Wilson Deluxe Wardrobe ($10.99 / 19 RMB)
This Deluxe Wardrobe contains Wilson's complete set of Guest of Honor, Roseate, Survivor, Triumphant, and Barber skin items.

Barbers Kit ($3.99 / 8 RMB)
This Barber's Kit contains the following skin items: Barber's Razor, Neat Effigy, and Oil Torch.

Decorator's Chest ($9.99 / 18 RMB)
This Decorator's Chest contains the following skin items: Cozy Mushroom Farm, Moggles 2.0, Koalefant Can, Cactus Water Can, Tasselled Post, Bundled Post, Red-Capped Post, Monkey Paw Post, Regal Post, Monkey Post, Seaworthy Scale, Fieldflower Farm Scale, and Whispering Mace.

Seems the in-game Shop wasn't updated, I can't find any of these new packs there. (or perhaps has something to do with KLei servers being a bit iffy for now)

Likewise it seems I cant weave-in any of the new skins - is that intentional?
unweavable.thumb.jpg.f807b8715bb7d877c96676ce9e1ecbce.jpg

Anyway, nice vid and content!

Edited by MostMerryTomcat

26 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:

Wagstaff is out helping wilson?
image.thumb.png.8da45c0363759e2fc370a49df29c8809.png

It seems like Wagstaff has a good control over the constant, he can manage to use Voxola products without being brought into the constant unlike Wilson. We also saw in the Wanda short that shadows are really powerful and resilient, they don't give up easily, so the fact that Wagstaff is still out there while he manage to interfere with the DST constant (and also the Hamlet one, if they are two different constants) is more than interesting.

• Like 7
  • Health 1

As always, so much going on here to digest. That's definitely Wagstaff out there, clearly wearing the same gloves as his hologram inside, in what we can safely say is his old house/laboratory. Unless there's some serious temporal shenanigans afoot here, we can say that means he has found a way out... at least for himself, and assuming that was indeed him going in in Winona's short. So what does that mean? Is he actually trying to help the other survivors or are they just unwitting parts of whatever ongoing experiments he's running from the safety of the outside? That sort of paints him in a rather callous light, which kind of fits the audio at the end there with the reveal of his hand... and the name of the short, "Interference," is sort of ominous on the same note.

Wilson's expression, going from happy to see Wagstaff, to a sort of melancholy as he is reminded of the circumstances that brought him here, to then transitioning to looking at Wagstaff with some amount of skepticism/distrust/hesitation, is also quite interesting.

Huge shoutout for the audio generally in that short. Loved the classic Don't Starve feel to it all.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:

Wagstaff is out helping wilson?
image.thumb.png.8da45c0363759e2fc370a49df29c8809.png

If you compare this hand with the hand Winona was pulling in her tailer it's not the same hand (thicker arm and a different glove). I assume this hand belongs to Wagstaff but I doubt Winona was trying to rescue Wagstaff - at least his old self. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, djturner said:

Is he actually trying to help the other survivors or are they just unwitting parts of whatever ongoing experiments

Also very strange that he trusts a random person to help with his invention and fascinating that to the right of the new portal there is one of those old pioneer spec recorder looking things 

20 minutes ago, _H_ said:

It seems like Wagstaff has a good control over the constant, he can manage to use Voxola products without being brought into the constant unlike Wilson. We also saw in the Wanda short that shadows are really powerful and resilient, they don't give up easily, so the fact that Wagstaff is still out there while he manage to interfere with the DST constant (and also the Hamlet one, if they are two different constants) is more than interesting.

he can use voxola inventions without getting sucked in because he's the one that invented them after all.

• Like 2

I think this short shines some light on why Wilson, who has no relationship with Maxwell or Charlie, was dragged into the constant; perhaps they asked Maxwell to get Wagstaff and Maxwell missed lmao.

Edited by CrisBlu
  • Like 1