[Game Update] - 547228

I still don't know the numbers but this is what dreadstone armor and helm needed to be different and worth fighting the Nightmare Werepig boss, honestly the developers have been nailing this update and everything that needs change gets it.

• Like 3
  • Potato Cup 1

• Developer
3 hours ago, MadMatt said:

Does the armor share sanity drain between the helm and chest? It seems to not drain more than 10 sanity when combined and when one armor is broken but the other is full it takes the lesser sanity drain of the completely repaired armor. Very interesting changes.

Also hopefully the huff huff bug is fixed soon, if not intentional. Getting a bit antsy that it'll stick around for release :( 

The sanity drain is shared for this armor set, so whether you are wearing one or two pieces, it should be the same.  Currently, there is a bug where it doesn't drain the full amount when one piece is regenerating and the other is not.

Also just wanted to clarify, by the "huff huff" bug, do you mean that he can be interrupted before kneeling kneeling down if you hit him without a "weapon"?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 1

18 minutes ago, V2C said:

Currently, there is a bug where it doesn't drain the full amount when one piece is regenerating and the other is not.

Does this mean that if a player is equipped with a broken helmet and intact armor, they should loses 20 sanity per minute (Instead of the current 15) ?

• Like 1

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

Does this mean that if a player is equipped with a broken helmet and intact armor, they should loses 20 sanity per minute (Instead of the current 15) ?

That is correct. You would be losing 20 while the helmet is regenerating, and equipping the armor (intact or not) should not drop that to 15.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Paxtonnnn said:

Great update, though does the changed idle animation bother anyone else? The nose doesn't flip, and the hand looks off now.

For comparison:

Reveal hidden contents

what.gif.ef82304f0afacec1125a39cec3740a61.gifidle_wilson_down.gif.466351097be3741343ff5e68d478e0e5.gif

Left is new, right is old.

It could just be a little animation bug, I remember in Maxwell’s beta his head faced the viewer while the character was facing away, like some sort of creepy owl. Though yeah, I like the old one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duck986 said:

so how beard hair is being shaved now? before it was 1 for short, 3 for regular and 9 for long beards, so it wasn't linear

Long shaved gives 6 Beard Hairs, Medium gives 2 Hairs and Short only gives 1.

• Like 8

Loving the beta so far (have not actually tried Wilson yet :P)

Minor suggestion. Maybe ware pig should move each time you defeat him. Tho Maybe that makes getting the resources he drops to difficult to get. Hummm.

Wanda is at a disadvantage with her armor reduced from 95% to 90%.  He has less than 37.5 health at full power and has a huge healing difficulty.  That 5% makes a lot of difference for her on harder bosses.  If you can reconsider this I would appreciate it.

Also, this work with the new armor is being wonderful.  Congratulations!

24 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

Wanda is at a disadvantage with her armor reduced from 95% to 90%.  He has less than 37.5 health at full power and has a huge healing difficulty.  That 5% makes a lot of difference for her on harder bosses.  If you can reconsider this I would appreciate it.

Also, this work with the new armor is being wonderful.  Congratulations!

Wanda is already too good as of right now, she doesn't need more and shouldn't be the only character considered with balance changes like this.

• Like 10

You know I always head-cannoned that lorewise the Shadows were stealing culture from the various worlds and many of the nightmare items are cheap imitations of what they originally stole. Like the Dark Sword kinda having a pirate-theme and sharing the same stats as the fish Cutlass in shipwrecked....and now this Dreadstone armor looks very similar to Obsidian armor in Shipwrecked, coincidence? Feels more like a deliberate choice and not just a lazy re-use of assets if you ask me. It was even changed to be red instead of pink, copying the volcanic nature of Obsidian. Dreadstone might in fact be what remains of the Obsidian from Shipwrecked, and the world of Shipwrecked as we explore it in Singleplayer is an already exploited and abandoned world. But that's just my headcanon.

Anyway I'm really happy the armor got a self-repairing function, seems to use your sanity as fuel to do it as well which imo is better than what I suggested and if similar ''dreadstone'' items are introduced in the future that share these qualities it might make sanity a worthwhile stat to maintain, which I feel the game really needed.

• Like 3
  • Health 1
  • Sanity 1

8 minutes ago, yourAnty said:

Wanda is already too good as of right now, she doesn't need more and shouldn't be the only character considered with balance changes like this.

My only concern is I don't think her passive insanity reduction to shadow gear is affecting it right now. I might be wrong, but it didn't look like it was going any slower.

7 hours ago, V2C said:

Also just wanted to clarify, by the "huff huff" bug, do you mean that he can be interrupted before kneeling kneeling down if you hit him without a "weapon"?

Yes!! It currently makes the fight super tedious to do as the Weremoose.

Just saw the bug report update, thanks a bunch! :love_heart:

Edited by MadMatt

1 minute ago, Soul7k said:

My only concern is I don't think her passive insanity reduction to shadow gear is affecting it right now. I might be wrong, but it didn't look like it was going any slower.

I'd say a self-repairing thulecite crown(even without the shield) shouldn't allow Wanda to circumvent it with her ability. Her one weakness is that she's at risk of dying very easily if the player can't kite well, why even have that as a disadvantage if she can just have a regenerating 90% damage reduction?

30 minutes ago, cropo said:

I'd say a self-repairing thulecite crown(even without the shield) shouldn't allow Wanda to circumvent it with her ability. Her one weakness is that she's at risk of dying very easily if the player can't kite well, why even have that as a disadvantage if she can just have a regenerating 90% damage reduction?

Consistency. She already does it with nightmare armor/dark sword and staffs. She already circumvents being a glass canon by being a champ with shadow armor at 95% DR. Really I'm just spitballing using the helmet to reduce resource costs by spreading out durability loss on nm armor or having a good backup if you run out and want to use the whole set.

Edited by Soul7k

1 hour ago, yourAnty said:

Wanda can't use mushrooms or infinite food it's easy to recover health like Wolfgang.  And there is already night armor with 95%.  And marble with 95% no penalty for Wolfgang.  There's nothing absurd about having 95% on something that was originally that way.

Wolfgang: Highest DPS in the game, 200 health and every form of healing available.  Wanda: 37.5 health (maximum power), limited healing and sacrificing multiple slots.  A 95% damage reduction armor is balanced for Wanda.

I am impressed with how you've turned a persumably useless endgame armor into one of the best armors out there,

now I can't help but wish that you'd release skins for it with the new update because currently it looks hideous.

(Don't get me wrong - the art is magnificent as always, I just dont like having a huge robust block on my head and a black potato for a body.)

Edited by Orchids
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2