[Game Update] - 547228

• Developer

Changes

• Using the Razor shaves off one level of beard at a time now. 
  • Mutants are now included in Lunar Alignment.
  • Dreadstone Armor/Helm re-tuned and slightly reduces damage from Shadow sources.
  • Dreadstone Armor/Helm gradually regenerates based on the wearer's sanity level.

Bug Fixes

• Wilson’s idle animation now plays in the Curio Cabinet.
  • Fixed a controller crash in the skill tree.

View full update

• Like 56
  • Thanks 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1
  • GL Happy 3

17 minutes ago, V2C said:

Dreadstone Armor/Helm gradually regenerates based on the wearer's sanity level.

Nice! Glad to see it has some other characteristic that sets it apart! Does it still break (or did it not before)?

Edited by X-lem

YAY DEATH ANIM !!! :wilson_love:

Since now Nightmare Werepig dies, can we get statue? :wilson_curious:
(I just realized he doesn't really die)

I still find it strange that it has no effect for when it disappears

Edited by Fliphe
  • Like 3
  • Potato Cup 1

8 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

Is he actually dying or getting away like FW? If it's the former, I'd like pig skin to be added to his drops. 

It's a wee bit disappointing. He plays an idle anim upon defeat and simply despawns once off screen akin to Sealnado.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ralsei Fan said:

Quick question, what is a "mutant" exactly?

Lunar mutants.
Moonrock Pengull, Horror Hound, Shattered Spider, Carrats, Crab King, Saladmander, Mushgnomes, Mutated Batilisks, and Glass Wobster, are all the listed ones.

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Lunar mutants.
Moonrock Pengull, Horror Hound, Shattered Spider, Carrats, Crab King, Saladmander, Mushgnomes, Mutated Batilisks, and Glass Wobster, are all the listed ones.

ah okay, makes sense, ty

• Like 1

Does the armor share sanity drain between the helm and chest? It seems to not drain more than 10 sanity when combined and when one armor is broken but the other is full it takes the lesser sanity drain of the completely repaired armor. Very interesting changes.

Also hopefully the huff huff bug is fixed soon, if not intentional. Getting a bit antsy that it'll stick around for release :( 

Edited by MadMatt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Mutants are now included in Lunar Alignment.

Which brings me to... There are actually some nightmare fuel mutants in the game, like AG and Shadow Monkey, and if the Lunar mutants are in the Lunar Alignment, I think they should be in the Shadow Alignmentas well.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Using the Razor shaves off one level of beard at a time now. 

Ladies and gentleman scientists... We won

Also, does anyone else think beard slots should be a lil higher over backpack slots, cuz UI of storages are meshes because of this? my eyes cant do but notice this unpleasent detail...

image.png.72422061a630d994a730ecbdef02c61f.png

Edited by Dragonboooorn
  • Like 15
  • Big Ups 1

3 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Dreadstone Armor/Helm re-tuned and slightly reduces damage from Shadow sources.
  • Dreadstone Armor/Helm gradually regenerates based on the wearer's sanity level.

Could it be possible to make the Dreadstone armor block Woodie from Transforming under full moons and moonstorms? Dreadstone seems to be very potent form of nightmare fuel. It blocking the curse makes sense.

It's like a Tin Foil hat for Woodie.

Edited by -Nick-
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1

3 minutes ago, -Nick- said:

Could it be possible to make the Dreadstone armor block Woodie from Transforming under full moons and moonstorms? Dreadstone seems to be very potent form of nightmare fuel. It blocking the curse makes sense.

Pure Horror made the Werepig Curse permanent. If anything, the armor would only make Woodie's forms more corrupted.

• Like 7
  • Wavey 1

1 minute ago, maxwell_winters said:

Pure Horror made the Werepig Curse permanent. If anything, the armor would only make Woodie's forms more corrupted.

Yeah crap, did forget about that. I do hope klei finds some way to make Woodie have a item to prevent him from transforming.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1

11 minutes ago, -Nick- said:

Yeah crap, did forget about that. I do hope klei finds some way to make Woodie have a item to prevent him from transforming.

I should be a character-specific thing and not a random armor with the ability added as an afterthought. Otherwise, players won't even know that this effect exists. However, the idea of giant-sized Woodie's forms with flaming red marking does sounds kinda cool. Maybe Woodie shouldn't give up on Pure Horror yet. 

Edited by maxwell_winters
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Wavey 1

Great update, though does the changed idle animation bother anyone else? The nose doesn't flip, and the hand looks off now.

For comparison:

Spoiler

what.gif.ef82304f0afacec1125a39cec3740a61.gifidle_wilson_down.gif.466351097be3741343ff5e68d478e0e5.gif

Left is new, right is old.

Edited by Paxtonnnn
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad Dupe 2
  • Potato Cup 1