[Game Update] - 546675

52 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Good move on the gem costs.  2:1 is very usable, will definitely help players when digging their first graves to get magic, lga, etc going.

Now you and I both got what we wanted (though Originally I was suggesting 2:1 as well xD)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Nweeky said:

Just make the beard rug turf into a Wilson exclusive craft and the update is perfect. He is the expert in utilising beard hair after all ~

But why? It's pointless to make it wilson exclusive, especially since all characters can craft the turf in singleplayer.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, -Nick- said:

But why? It's pointless to make it wilson exclusive, especially since all characters can craft the turf in singleplayer.

Mostly since it's flavourful and since currently Wilson cant produce anything character specific (the only such character mind you, unless we count Wonkey). Same reason Wurt has easier access to the marsh turf recipe, while other characters need the terra firma tamper for prototyping it. It's not hugely important anyhow, not a cross I'd die on

Edited by Nweeky
  • Like 2

I think it would be awesome for Wilson to upgrade Backpack with beards to 10 additional inventory slots. It would make him extremely desirable on servers.

Maxwell makes a top hat and Wilson an improved backpack for everyone.

Edited by Cruvimaster
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Nweeky said:

Mostly since it's flavourful and since currently Wilson cant produce anything character specific (the only such character mind you, unless we count Wonkey). Same reason Wurt has easier access to the marsh turf recipe, while other characters need the terra firma tamper for prototyping it. It's not hugely important anyhow, not a cross I'd die on

Wortox is the one with no unique crafts. Wilson's whole update is about giving him a ton of exclusive crafts like marble and gems.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Nweeky said:

Same reason Wurt has easier access to the marsh turf recipe, while other characters need the terra firma tamper for prototyping it. 

She has access to it early beacuse it's required to use the other crafts and to other players it's purely decorative.

• Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, Paxtonnnn said:

Why does he need one, though

Well if it was up to ME he would’ve had a structure similar to the Mad Science Lab from Hallowed Nights, like a Scientist/Alchemy Table- or more precisely something that resembles THIS skin:

Spoiler

C9F8E520-34A1-4C25-842A-D8853BFC3680.thumb.jpeg.2d5b3cd0a910bf8cd58bd85754259cf1.jpeg

which would’ve had him pouring chemicals over into scientific beakers as seen here:

Spoiler

C2705E3E-D809-4805-BE9A-1D4A4E0322F6.thumb.webp.93b923dbf2f6cab9caedc1e7adb14140.webp

This crafting station would’ve been used in Conjunction with his Skill Tree.. unlocking his “Insight” points would've allowed him to craft Science Beaker glasses like the one shown above, which would’ve would do a variety of different things…

Such as: Can be applied to a Torch to enhance the brightness & Duration and possibly even change the torches color (please Klei when the heck are we ever gonna get this?) Instead of being a Wilson Exclusive Skill Tree Perk- he could’ve made these “Science Beakers” and apply them to Torches so ANY character could enjoy the benefits.

Moving on past the “Torch” skills, He could’ve made A scientific potion for “Grooming” Which would’ve given him his Beard Perks of faster growth, insulation, and beard food storage- in Addition to THIS, Webber could’ve used this potion to accelerate the growth of his own beards. And… the Science beakers could’ve been “used” On Beefalo to Regrow their Fur after being shaved off with a Razor.

I hate to tear into Klei’s Wilson rework like this but the current version offers NO TEAM PERKS (what they allegedly claimed was the entire point of reworks to begin with..) & it just feels poorly thought out. Dare I say even a Rushed Concept..

I like the idea of unlocking the perks as you survive multiple days, what I don’t like is how they offer nothing to a TEAM..

At this point- Wes & Wolfgang literally has better team based perks.

As far as why a beard hair rug should be an exclusive Wilson craft, I have no idea.. but maybe it could be used similar to the Sisturn (Aka when standing near it Wilson gains Inspiration no wait sorry “Insight” points faster.)

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 4
  • Big Ups 2

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well if it was up to ME he would’ve had a structure similar to the Max Science Lab from Hallowed Nights, like a Scientist/Alchemy Table- or more precisely something that resembles THIS skin:

Reveal hidden contents

C9F8E520-34A1-4C25-842A-D8853BFC3680.thumb.jpeg.2d5b3cd0a910bf8cd58bd85754259cf1.jpeg

which would’ve had him pouring chemicals over into scientific beakers as seen here:

Reveal hidden contents

C2705E3E-D809-4805-BE9A-1D4A4E0322F6.thumb.webp.93b923dbf2f6cab9caedc1e7adb14140.webp

This crafting station would’ve been used in Conjunction with his Skill Tree.. unlocking his “Insight” points would've allowed him to craft Science Beaker glasses like the one shown above, which would’ve would do a variety of different things…

Omg, someone agrees with me on this. It won't change but I do want it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Evelo said:

Omg, someone agrees with me on this. It won't change but I do want it.

The thing is, it’s not just what I or You want- when I make a character suggestion I make that suggestion based on what Klei has drawn, animated or shown off of that character, and Wilson has always been melding with Science Potions, or strange chemicals/ bizarre rituals, the starting animation for Solo Dont starve even see’s him duct tape 3 mice together and stab his own hand.

How does ANYTHING in the current beta portray this guy??

I suppose you can maybe chalk it up to the franchise taking a lighter more kid friendly tone after DS, but my above suggestion was to take what Klei has done with the Beta version of his rework, and combine it with what I’ve always known Wilson to be portrayed as.

Its not an I or You wanna see it type of thing, it’s what “Klei” once portrayed him as.. it’s what everyone should expect.

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 2

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

The thing is, it’s not just what I or You want- when I make a character suggestion I make that suggestion based on what Klei has drawn, animated or shown off of that character, and Wilson has always been melding with Science Potions, or strange chemicals/ bizarre rituals, the starting animation for Solo Dont starve even see’s him duct tape 3 mice together and stab his own hand.

How does ANYTHING in the current beta portray this guy??

I suppose you can maybe chalk it up to the franchise taking a lighter more kid friendly tone after DS, but my above suggestion was to take what Klei has done with the Beta version of his rework, and combine it with what I’ve always known Wilson to be portrayed as.

Its not an I or You wanna see it type of thing, it’s what “Klei” once portrayed him as.. it’s what everyone should expect.

i mean in their defense it's shown he's garbage at chemistry and that's his entire character. They've been pretty consistent with this as far as ik

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Very nice, I'm still very pink-aligned though. The red and glowing eye still kinda feel a bit forced.
Edgy, at worst.

He lives in the basement. Probably listens to goth music or somethin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Wortox is the one with no unique crafts. Wilson's whole update is about giving him a ton of exclusive crafts like marble and gems.

Wortox has his unique souls which are both very flavourful and help the team through healing. Gems and marble are not unique to Wilson, they're common items found in the world.

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well if it was up to ME he would’ve had a structure similar to the Mad Science Lab from Hallowed Nights, like a Scientist/Alchemy Table- or more precisely something that resembles THIS skin:

I'd like that, but as a structure for distributing the points into the skill tree when standing near it. As I understand it, a portion of the playerbase doesnt like the tree since it obstructs from the vanilla Wilson experience, this way Wilson would be completely like he used to be, unless you decide to build this station and place the points. Again, not hugely important, already very pleased with the rework

10 hours ago, Hornete said:

GIF_3-8-2023_4-55-26_PM.gif

Oooo Yay! They made his red glowy! I remember asking for that in that long thread about people wanting him to be pink again. I'm fine with him as is now (Other then obvious important missing death animation)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dextops said:

i mean in their defense it's shown he's garbage at chemistry and that's his entire character. They've been pretty consistent with this as far as ik

Maybe some of that knowledge he got through radio is why he learned transmutation

9 hours ago, Mr Giggio said:

Im not sure if some other folks are having this issue but for me when I use the beard tree I cant use more than one beard slot to stockpile food. Any thoughts about what could be?

Level 3 beard tree as well as level 3 Wilson's beard all needed for three slots.