Should get wilson rework or he shouldnt get a rework if he needs to get a rework what should he get?

in my opinion wilson should get this ups and downs:

• wilson should get more sanity when crafitng prototypes
  • wilson should build his own chemical craft station cuz we can see he is doing chemical science things in his video
  • wilson should get 2 more beard when he shave his face (only for fully grown)
  • wilson shouldnt get sanity when crafting magic prototypes

what you guys think?

i used "should" word to much lol

3 hours ago, HiraaCaan said:

Should get wilson rework or he shouldnt get a rework if he needs to get a rework what should he get?

Hollywoo Stars and Celebrities: What Do They Know? Do They Know Things?? Let's Find Out!

Jokes asides, I think he shouldn't get anything big, if anything Klei could give him something similar to what Wigfrid got, barely helps her but it is nice for her teammates.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

he could be like wickerbottom, a human character with many tools. These tools could be chemicals and silly mechanical tools 

For his refresh, Wilson gets one of those "chemist starter kits". 

I’m just gonna put this out there… 

Maxwell once king of the Nightmare throne now is effected by the throne and shadow magics connected to nightmare fuel and the likes.

Wilson who canonically travels through 5 randomly generated worlds of torture and chooses to trade places with him also sit upon this throne (Klei made this decision when they made the starting animation trailer for DST..) the effects of it are: ????

CHARLIE who now resides as Queen of the Nightmare Throne is visibly seen wigging the Frick out between light/dark stances on how she wants to redecorate the throne room until both her sides settle on a “middle ground” yet we’ve also continued to see her harness and use the powers of Shadow creatures in things like creating Shadow Carrats to race against her sister for Year of the Carrat.

Conclusion: Unless Wilson was immediately removed from the throne after sitting upon it, it should still impact him in some way (no matter how big or small)

And since Beardlings and Beard Overlords are killed they drop Beard Hairs or Nightmare Fuel I for one would love to see Wilson’s shaved off beard hairs (when at low Sanity) start to wiggle, move, grow eyeballs.. and then animate to life as an actual Beardling rabbit.

For the “sane” characters around this Wilson, it’ll appear as if he created some scientific way to create rabbits 

It directly connects him to Nightmare fuel & Beardhair, and at the same time: Doesn’t really do much to change his boring “default” gameplay.

A task Klei COULD accomplish by just letting us pick ANY Character- but they would have “Default” stats, and no special abilities at all- character choice would end up being purely cosmetic if you choose “default” meanwhile WILSON could become a completely unique and fun to play as character like everyone else.

Wilson definitely does need a rework his basic default character is just not cutting it simple because some characters could be Wilson like Wurt if your playing as wurt and never use your merm abilities then your just a veteran Wilson same as if you play as Winona and you never build any of her things then you're just Wilson who can craft faster the hole default character thing as a hole character it self that just doesn't cut it any more also you don't half to unlock any other character so there's just no point in Wilson not having anything specific or special about him

17 hours ago, Z5doubleAA said:

Wilson definitely does need a rework his basic default character is just not cutting it simple because some characters could be Wilson like Wurt if your playing as wurt and never use your merm abilities then your just a veteran Wilson same as if you play as Winona and you never build any of her things then you're just Wilson who can craft faster the hole default character thing as a hole character it self that just doesn't cut it any more also you don't half to unlock any other character so there's just no point in Wilson not having anything specific or special about him

No lmao, if you're playing wurt and not using her merm abilities you are still affected by her being a vegetarian, hated by pigs and unable to trade with PK, Wilson has no downsides at all.

Winona is a special case because when she was released she was supposed to be a second Wilson. People didn't like this so they gave her the spotlight and catapults. But back in the day all she had was fast crafting, sewing tape and a free hit in the dark.

The only thing I see them doing with Wilson is being a variation of Winona, he’s a poor source of beard hair, and his “not having weaknesses“ is just dying slightly slower.

Personally with other characters having built in end game items, I could see him having a built in construction amulet; keeps him mostly generic for people who value that, while still having an amusing toy.

I've actually seen so many Wilson rework suggestions that I like, but the one that I thought was genuinely amazing while still keeping his theme of "no big upsides/downsides" is a portable Science Machine that would be upgradeable. Don't remember the poster that suggested it, but it was a really cool idea.

Also the Bojack reference was based. You know who you are. ;)

I hope they add something to him. It doesn't have to be completely game-changing like adding a downside, but it should want to make people play him for some sort of perk. Maybe some easier way to revive fellow survivors?

I don't get some of the opposition with changing him. He doesn't have the same place in DST as he had in DS, all the other base characters are unlocked by default in DST and are plenty noob friendly. I think they can keep him a "vanilla" character while also still giving him something of value to the survivors besides being a beard generator.

His beard is cool but it's no longer unique since Webber grows one,Woodie's protects him slightly from winter as well, and if other characters need beard hair it's not hard to get.

Wanted to throw in my two cents now just in case his refresh get's revealed tomorrow, but I'm a part of the camp that thinks he doesn't need anything too game changing. All they need to do in my opinion is to give him a few extra perks that are about on par with his beard, stuff that's a little too situational to be significant but nonetheless very handy when they do come into play, all while keeping his unique trait of having zero downsides. If they do that, they might be able to strike a nice balance between being vanilla and new player friendly and but still worthwhile to play even if you're more acquainted with the game.

As to exactly what those perks would be though, I have no idea lol. I'll second the portable science machine idea at the very least, maybe it could even be upgraded by splicing other crafting stations onto it.

1.Healer or somth Idk rework:

Wilson canonicly have at least knowledge and skills of performing first aid (Forge ability to revive faster, also with more health, his gorge skins where he is a doctor, quote about peg leg from SW where he says he can perform surgical operation just fine (i doubt it tho))

2. Sigma Chad survivor rework:

Wilson is also a very experienced  survivor, if not the most experienced survivor among all, judging by his and other survivors quotes, and, of course, because hes canonicly passed adventure mode.

3 Wagstaff dont starve wannabe rework:

Wilson claims to have prototype many of the essential survivor structers and items, (especially ocean content stuff), other survivors have a quotes that proofes that fact. A fun detail, WX78 also says "The scientist takes huge inspiration from Wagstaff", so there you have it.

4 OMG Wilson is a shadowy triumphant boi rework:

Cuz Wilson was chillin on the Nightmare throne for a while, many Klei artists also draw Wilson with claw-shaped hands, just like Maxwells, maybe implaying, that Wilson is somehow was affected by all of these Throne shenanigans.

5. A science x shadow magic crafter rework.

Wilson worked alongside Maxwell and succesfully build florid postern prototype, one using his scientific knowledge, while other - Codex Umbra secrets. So why dont start working together for greater cause, aiding each? Wickerbottom helped Woodie with his curse, she eve teached him how to embrace best of it and transform in the time of need with idols.

Honestly, DST is "a sequel of sorts", everyone  got their rework and many of these reworks are aftermath of character growth, banding with other survivors, and, of course, timeline moving on and having events happend. 

So yeah, Wilson being a character with only one while also most boring and usless perk is outdated.

Justice for Wilson!

Archived