[Game Update] - 536590

• Developer

Changes

• Bull Kelp will now uproot itself when getting onto land or boats.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed save/load for Sisturn burnt state.
  • You can no longer trade items to Prime Mates.
  • Fixed bug with Prime Mate attack animation.
  • Prime Mates and Powder Monkeys will drop their inventory when abandoning a sinking ship.
  • Fixed bug where players would sometimes not announce incoming Pirates depending on where they were standing on their boat.
  • Unique pirate blueprints will no longer be deleted when pirate stashes become full.
  • You can now examine things properly in the shadow dimensional storage even at night or in the Caves.
  • Fixed bug with selecting skins for Magician’s Top Hat on the pinned crafting tab.
  • Turf-Raiser Helm no longer activates when equipped on Mannequin.
  • Fixed Wanda’s Backtrek Watch creating portals at the World origin if used in a pocket dimensional container.
  • Fixed crash cases with pickables having no picker.
  • Fixed wrong FX when Cannonballs hit walls or fences.
  • Fixed missing hit states for Nautopilot, Nautopilot Beacon, Rudder, and Dock Piling.
  • Fixed missing floating state for Time Pieces.

Notes for Modders

• Added walkoncreep and walkoffcreep events for easier edge trigger detection.
  • The pickable component will now accept TheWorld as a parameter for the Pick function to spawn the loot at the location of the entity. This is intended to be used to create loot at the location of an entity and then remove the spawning entity without having to copy logic from the pickable component to spawn its loot.

View full update

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 1

17 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:
  • Fixed haunting Lazy Explorer to once again teleport nearby creatures.

Oh my God this is from like, near the DST beta days when haunting did a lot more than it currently does.
There's so many weird and awesome mechanics lost to time/bugs over the years, its kinda crazy how many are coming back now.

• Like 13

19 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

I'd say good, meaning no gross land or boat looking kelp, and generally no kelp lost if wanted to be replanted. Tho in a cost of land kelp I guess, but not like that matters - we crush them all into a corner anyway XD

I assumed that it meant crushing kelp between boats and lands would uproot them but guess not.

13 minutes ago, -Variant said:

There's so many weird and awesome mechanics lost to time/bugs over the years, its kinda crazy how many are coming back now.

Hopefully the container dropping one will be restored.

• Developer
12 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

I assumed that it meant crushing kelp between boats and lands would uproot them but guess not.

Only when they manage to wedge themselves through physics barriers and get onto land or onto a boat. The function of stacking Bull Kelp with a boat was untouched at this time.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Does wanda losing her ageless watch as wonkey a intented mechanic? Because when you die as wonkey, you revive as wanda again, but without a way to heal yourself until you manage to get ageless watch back in a pirate stash before you die of old age.

Edited by dois raios
I meant writing pirate stash

1 hour ago, JesseB_Klei said:

You can now examine things properly in the shadow dimensional storage even at night or in the Caves.

Aww, it was kinda cool when survivors used their 'It's too dark to see the item' quotes. Cuz, y'know, they're stored in some shadow pocket dimension

• Like 1

• Developer
1 hour ago, -Variant said:

Oh my God this is from like, near the DST beta days when haunting did a lot more than it currently does.

This is reverted and pending a hotfix launch to revert the change it broke player use of the item.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Developer
6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

did i understood correctly? no more 5% explorers disappearing from misclicks?

It fixes being unable to use the telepoof from the Lazy Explorer entirely a rollback on one of the changes from the hotfix released today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Unique pirate blueprints will no longer be deleted when pirate stashes become full.

This is a great step in the right direction, but there still exists the terrible 20 item cap that was stealthily added in, and the fact that items do not stack into already existing versions of itself when stashed, leading to Monkeys stealing seeds and just deleting old items.

I want it to be known that I genuinely enjoyed the stealing mechanic beforehand, I had an experience as Maxwell where my Codex Umbra was stolen and I could not perform any of his spells for a while until I got the book back. I enjoyed it and had fun playing as a handicapped Maxwell for a while I worked to locate the stash with my friends and get my book back, same goes for any other important items that I started to rely on, but now had to live without for a short while. Now though, with the 20 item cap, not only can you easily lose extremely valuable items like boss items and whatever else you can imagine forever, it really devalues the thieving mechanic to be more of an annoyance. Even if the issue with items not stacking into existing versions of themselves in the stash is fixed, there still exists equipment and non-stackables taking a whole entire slot on their own and with the cutlesses, bandanas and other equipments that can pile up they will very easily fill up the stash, not to also mention the several unique resources that pop out of the Unnatural Portal and will each take up a unique slot. This problem is just intensified with the more players there are, as there is potential for more unique items to be stolen. DST has gotten to be a massive game, and 20 unique items really isn't that much in the modern game.

I ask that at the end of the day, the items that are stolen can not ever be completely destroyed. Add a new stash to the world, if the previous stash is completely full, revert to the old implementation, however it's done, just please do not let items be destroyed forever.

Thank you and I hope all of you at the office have a great holiday, for I presume this is the final patch of the year. I can't wait for next years content updates :). In the meanwhile I think I'll mod the pirate stash for my private servers over the winter break, haha.

2 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Fixed bug with Prime Mate attack animation.

GIF_12-22-2022_3-42-20_PM.gif

P.S. Prime Mates got a whole new animation now instead of reusing the Year of the Pig King slap sign! Here's how it looks.

• Like 15
  • Haha 2
  • Sanity 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

15 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I ask that at the end of the day, the items that are stolen can not ever be completely destroyed. Add a new stash to the world, if the previous stash is completely full, revert to the old implementation, however it's done, just please do not let items be destroyed forever.

Pls klei, consider this idea

• Like 4

Hi Klei! I play DST with my dad with steam deck, however it crashes every time he leaves the caves, I'm the host and it's been an ongoing problem since the maxwell refresh released. I would really appreciate a response and some leads that might help us fix this problem. please feel free to ask me anything. 

Best,

Cyber Skink/Titanic Tigrex

Edit 1: it seems to do this on every version except for proton hotfix, which does not allow for keyboard and mouse compatibility. This hotfix would mean a lot to me, so please don't hesitate to reach out.

Edited by TitanicTigrex

36 minutes ago, Hornete said:

This, please! What we're currently stuck with can get annoying real quick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

GIF_12-22-2022_3-42-20_PM.gif

P.S. Prime Mates got a whole new animation now instead of reusing the Year of the Pig King slap sign! Here's how it looks.

hopefully it's improved upon in a later update, the animation looks kind of hastily put together and doesn't have much personality unlike most dst animations

Edited by . . .
  • Like 3