[Game Update] - 531693

2 minutes ago, GrapeVruit said:

I'd be stoked if they were to implement a command system for them, one for attacking together and another for attacking on their own whim 

for me it would be incredible , and would make less "klaus" messes because sometimes they just aggro on the deers, and i cant remove the aggro besides killing them

well i think that is not that hard, if i remember well DS solo Maxwell shadows already have this mechanic, is just an matter of portting it

at least is what i think it is

• Like 1

Here is Maxwell's new idle animation:

Maxwell Unique Idle #3

Spoiler

player_idles_waxwell-idle3.gif.10be6d3bb28d63ab4e3f1291477dda21.gif

Unfortunately, this patch also messed up his two other idle animations when facing upwards - left leg is detached / head is reversed / odd leg deformations for idle #1 (frame 53/54).  So, now you have these monstrosities: 

Maxwell Unique Idle #1 & #2 - Facing Upwards

Spoiler

player_idles_waxwell-idle1up.gif.373ffe127513d06ee10672d21aa4e49d.gif player_idles_waxwell-idle2up.gif.6547820a34c93cdf66548bca8d9a7929.gif

EDIT:

13 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

There actually seems to be a new animation when you refuel the codex while floating, but I don't quite remember if that happened when you used the codex before the rework or not. @Instant-Noodlesmaybe you can help on this one?

The refueling animation isn't new.  Pre-refresh, the animation played when you used the Codex Umbra to summon a minion.  Here is that:

Codex Umbra - Use / Refuel

Spoiler

book_maxwell-use.thumb.gif.b7c0482c056afa4bd011c34c684d83c5.gif

13 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

So does Maxwell have three unique idles? Or did klei replace the previous one with this idle?

The 3rd idle is played (instead of his two other idles) when he is near a floating Codex Umbra.

Edited by Instant-Noodles
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Health 1
  • Potato Cup 1

3 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Shadow Servants and Polly Rogers will now drop their excess items picked up if they have too many at once.

Umm I don't understand this part, usually if our Servants picked stuff until max amount (either 10/20/40pcs), they will approach us and give that item to us right?

Also, I dropped lots of different items (1 piece only per different item), the Servants will pick one then give it to me immediately, they didn't try to collect several different items at once.

9 hours ago, Arcwell said:

Here's all of the new items I could find that buff shadow duelists:

Tier 1 (+4): All staves, One-man Band, Turf-Raiser Helm
Tier 2 (+8): Shield of Terror, Bat Bat, Belt of Hunger

Might be missing stuff, I don't look at the code ._.

Turf-raiser helm?

If so, Premier Gardeneer Hat may work too.

Edited by LeafyFly

Just now, LeafyFly said:

Turf-raiser helm?

The desert stone is apart of them! Honestly didn't expect them to include the turf raiser helm either, they pay attention to these details!.

(If you don't know, desert stones are impure/unrefined orange gems.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hornete said:

The desert stone is apart of them! Honestly didn't expect them to include the turf raiser helm either, they pay attention to these details!.

(If you don't know, desert stones are impure/unrefined orange gems.)

I don't know. But I don't think orange gems have shadow power.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LeafyFly said:

I don't know. But I don't think orange gems have shadow power.

Gems, aside from the Iridescent Gem, seem to be just magic items that can be used by both Shadow and Lunar magic since they are used on crafts with Nightmare Fuel or Moonrock, same with Thulecite.

I'm ok with boosting Duelists but I don't see any real connection to being Shadow magic.

Edited by Just-guy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Just-guy said:

Gems, aside from the Iridescent Gem, seem to be just magic items that can be used by both Shadow and Lunar magic since they are used on crafts with Nightmare Fuel or Moonrock, same with Thulecite.

I'm ok with boosting Duelists but I don't see any real connection to being Shadow magic.

In my opinion, magic gears work because of the nightmare fuel charge, and the gems themselves don't have shadow power, except for the purple gems.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I hope it replaced the scratching one, it makes more sense that a dapper fellow as he is, gets his suit straight instead.

I hope all animations stay, the second one is hilarious. Either way, I'm glad I took a screenshot beforehand:

maxwell.jpg

Edited by Pig Princess
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Developer
4 hours ago, Thundario Watt said:

Umm I don't understand this part, usually if our Servants picked stuff until max amount (either 10/20/40pcs), they will approach us and give that item to us right?

Also, I dropped lots of different items (1 piece only per different item), the Servants will pick one then give it to me immediately, they didn't try to collect several different items at once.

The dropping of excess things happens if the Servant picks up multiple items at once like the Cactus during Summer it will drop the flower immediately and keep on picking more nearby cactus. This will also happen as an example the Servant has 3 logs picked up already and then picks up a stack of 19 logs, a stack of 2 logs will be dropped while the Servant returns back with a full stack of 20 logs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 2

Is anyone else having all of their mods redownload every time they boot up the beta? I was wondering why the game was struggling so much and it keeps chugging on the menu and crashing, for a split second you can spot a mod that just says "crashed" and a bunch of numbers? 

only happened after this recent patch