[Game Update] - 531693

• Developer

Changes

• Brought back the animations for Codex Umbra when Maxwell approaches or refuels it on the ground.
  • Inventory bar actions, such as dropping, refuelling, and repairing items, can now be performed on controllers even with auto-pause enabled.
  • Added sound effects during Shadow Prison’s warning period.
  • Added more equipment that Maxwell can draw shadow power from, including most things crafted from Shadow Magic or Ancient Pseudoscience, and the Shield of Terror.
  • Shadow Servants, Polly Rogers, and the Lazy Forager will try not to pick up items that are on fire or smouldering.
  • Shadow Servants and Polly Rogers will now drop their excess items picked up if they have too many at once.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug causing Grumble Bees to sometimes teleport unexpectedly during Bee Queen’s fight.
  • Fixed bug where Clout Snout summons at the wrong location when used from a Magician’s Chest or Magician’s Top Hat.
  • Fixed bug with the saved position of players and pets while on boats.
  • Fixed being considered in combat when taking environmental damage for Shadow Servant item giving logic.

Notes to Modders

• Improved Shadow Servants working on things that have modified/increased work values.

View full update

• Like 29
  • Thanks 6
  • Health 1
  • Hunger 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 4

Here's all of the new items I could find that buff shadow duelists:

Tier 1 (+4): All staves, One-man Band, Turf-Raiser Helm
Tier 2 (+8): Shield of Terror, Bat Bat, Belt of Hunger

Might be missing stuff, I don't look at the code ._.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

• Developer
13 minutes ago, benfroyobro9381 said:

As a console player, thank you. Controllers really need QOL and this is a great step in the right direction! Also, will I not be able to acesss this yet since this is a part of the beta branch? Will I need to wait until the Maxwell rework drops next week? 

That is correct. For PlayStation and Xbox it will be available next week.

• Like 5
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

14 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

image.png.a438f8fe10e14ac204e80fe437dc4b93.png

Just how powerful will Maxwell become now that he can actually read?

I hope Maxwell's rework trailer will be him just staring at the book for a while and then slowly turning in upside down with a shock on his face. Thus the origin of his new powers. 

• Haha 29

1 hour ago, Linnnnnnnnnnnnn said:

Probably the most awaited and the most important change by all Maxwell mains:wickerbottomthanks:

Not really, no.. I mean I guess it’s great if your playing Solo, or with people you can trust… but the entire reason He (and Also Wendy) was Changed to never need to drop these items on the ground anymore was so that other players couldn’t run in and pick them up to steal them.

For Wendy- you use to need to drop her flower on the ground and then kill an enemy mob near it and when Abigail died her flower dropped at the location of the enemy mob that killed her, great in Solo play.. not so great when jerks rush up and snag your flower- Hence the change so it never needs to leave your inventory.

Klei re-adding this animation was probably just to please the few who missed throwing the book on the ground.. but most people who play Maxwell are going to be far more happy they don’t need to put the book back on the ground to summon from it anymore.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Linnnnnnnnnnnnn said:

Probably the most awaited and the most important change by all Maxwell mains:wickerbottomthanks:

the most awaited is an kill all button
but always apreciate an way to have you own space on the tophat
an ability to do ender chest like changes via placing Full gems( same colour) (Same as chester but on a new moon) on the Maxwell box and they changing to an separated Storange// Like placing colours in a ender chest on minecraft,
thus making maxwell being able to have his own perosnal storage when he wants it, and making more useful maxwell boxes to all players

And personally i want Shadow duelists should Focus the same target as Maxwell when he is attacking something

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, edulopes said:

And personally i want Shadow duelists should Focus the same target as Maxwell when he is attacking something

I'd be stoked if they were to implement a command system for them, one for attacking together and another for attacking on their own whim 

Edited by GrapeVruit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1