What stuff would you bring from Hamlet to DST?

Root trunk. Or anything with the same functionality. It is so convenient. Especially considering that the DST map is much more extensive than Hamlet's, which was the smallest of all worlds. Bonus points if it works between caves. And I also liked the mechanics of bramble itself. The way it just filled the world for one season.

Easy answer- the mobs, the new weather seasons, and the characters.

AND I can explain it with actual LORE..

Hamlet is canonically known to take place in the skies above the world of DS/DST, and at the start of Return of Them we saw a part of the Moon (Later revealed to be the Celestial Champion..) break apart and fall out of the sky, it is reasonable to think that on its way down from the sky it slammed into the floating island of Hamlet and brought a good chunk of that down with it before crash landing into the ocean of DST causing the Massive Tidal Wave we see wash over Wilson and the Hound fighting over the meat stick.

As we now know with Lunar Island now in the Waters it’s causing a sort of “Ripple” effect to mobs, biomes & resources throughout the game causing them to sort of “Terraform” or become more intelligent/hostile.

The Pigmen of Hamlet were more Intelligent, but.. they were also canonically in the skies and Thus closer to the Moon Gods powers.

So in conclusion: If Klei wanted to make some Hamlet themed island and throw it randomly out into the ocean somewhere, or even let us have Hamlet themed world Gen choices- It can all be explained away with actual LORE that makes sense.

And let us not forget Wormwood was born in Hamlet yet somehow found his way into DST, And while Klei has provided no explanation as to HOW I personally like to think that he was mimicking one of the butterflies movements with his arms and carelessly ran right off the edge of Hamlet, but being a Plant Boy.. he didn’t feel a thing when he hit the ground.

Wilba - I like her mechanics. She is not minion character and I don't want this to change, but thematically some pigmen improvements/tweaks could be attached to possible porting Wilba to DST (like ability to make pigs neutral to other species, make them more valuable as non-food entity, for example, via ability to trade with them).

Pugalisk - my favourite boss in the entire franchise, both mechanically and thematically. Thematically it fits Hamlet world much more with pig ruins, traps in them, treasure hunting and such, but I'm sure a way to adapt Pugalisk to DST world could be found.

Snake bone soup - it can be cooked basically any time (snake bones - key ingredient - don't spoil), soup restores 40 hp per item and gives bonus sanity on top of that, Pugalisk is the only source of key ingredient yet it drops decent number of bones, and finally in a way it's opportunity to recycle food items that otherwise would be wasted (soup has higher priority than monster lasagna, so 2 monster meat + 2 snake bones combination works). Snake bone soup's healing capabilities and limitations of obtaining key ingredient remind me of jellybeans, but I like snake bone soup dynamic and fighting Pugalisk much more than dynamic of jellybeans and fighting Bee Queen.

Mechanic of converting nectar into honey + non-relocatable container that keeps product (and only this product) forever fresh. It doesn't necessary have to be honey, I just like that whole chain of recycling war trophies into something entirely different and more useful, as well as complete reset of freshness.

Stalking stick - I like that drying rack is used for something other than drying meat; in this case drying rack gives entirely new properties to material and is useful for something more than preparing food. Stalking stick is slightly faster than walking cane, but has durability; in DST it could be alternative to walking cane that is available year round (but locked behind finding corresponding island/some interesting requirements for summoning mobs that drop raw material), is useful for boss battles (shadow pieces, Klaus, Bee Queen, Celestial Champion, etc.) but not for regular walking (because of durability), and is not upgradable to lazy explorer. 

Root trunk, hamlet houses, oincs, better pig village with simple shops, iron (new resource in caves), jungle biome and all of its stuff in a new jungle ruins in the caves, beard turf, mants as a new creature living in the caves with bad blood against the bunnymen (like how pigs vs merms), and everything else in hamlet and shipwrecked.

5 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

Pugalisk - my favourite boss in the entire franchise, both mechanically and thematically. Thematically it fits Hamlet world much more with pig ruins, traps in them, treasure hunting and such, but I'm sure a way to adapt Pugalisk to DST world could be found.

They can turn him into a depths worm-like boss and put him in caves. Same mechanics, just different design. 

• I would've loved something like Roc for the ocean, if we didn't already have Malbatross. I will never not love the size of the dang thing, and having one slurp an entire of school of fish would've been hilarious.
  • Pugalisk type boss for the ocean (sea serpent) or caves (ancient centipede) would be cool.
  • Evolving mob like Rabid Beetles. 
  • Vortex Cloak was kinda neat from what I remember. 
  • ROOT TRUNK, love that thing.
  • Proper pond biomes.
  • Reworked Fog/unique weather for ocean.

Archived