Missing skins, collections that came and those yet to come.

With every new update, adding new skins have been a staple throughout the years. Browsing through my skins today I was wondering if we're ever going to get new characters and items skins for past collections and/or new. Victorian for example is a no brainer, hands down my favorite one of the bunch, elegant and sure to make anyone happy. But what about the others?

• Gorge/Victorian - Every single character have a Victorian skin except for Wanda.
  • Formal/Guest Of Honor - Warly, Wortox, Wormwood still missing their skins.
  • Rose/Roseate - Wortox, Walter, Wanda still missing their skins.
  • Shadow/Triumphant - Warly, Wortox, Walter still missing their skins.
  • Survivor - Warly, Wormwood, Wurt, Wanda still missing their skins.
  • Forge/Gladiator - Warly, Wortox, Wormwood, Wurt, Walter, Wanda still missing their skins.
  • Forge/Magmatic - Warly, Wortox, Wormwood, Wurt, Walter, Wanda still missing their skins.
  • Merrymaker - Wolfgang, Wendy, Webber, Warly, Wortox, Walter still missing their skins.
  • Snowfallen - Woodie, Wes, Maxwell, Wigfrid, Wormwood, Wurt, Wanda still missing their skins.
  • Year Of The Varg/Verdant - Willow, Wickerbottom, Wormwood, Wurt, Wanda still missing their skins.
  • Hallowed - Wanda is the only character missing a skin in this collection.
  • Costume - Every single character have a Costume skin.
  • Swashbuckler - Wilson, Wendy, WX-78, Wickerbottom, Maxwell, Webber, Wormwood, Walter, Wanda (Safe to say, the next entry in the Swashbuckler Collection will be added shortly, so far I loved every single skin in this one)

And also:

• Year Of The Pig King - (Edit) I might have skipped an entry to this collection, that adds 3 more characters, so 6 characters are included, Wolfgang, Wes, Wigfrid, WX-78, Webber and Winona. Perhaps in the future we could see more ring fighters? Not a big fan of this collection myself, can't say I'd be excited for new ones.
  • Refresh/Character Specific - Wilson still waiting a refresh. Willow have the Forlorn Doll Collection. Wolfgang have the Strongman Collection. Wendy have the Hand-me-down Collection. WX-78 got the Experimental Collection. Wickerbottom will probably have her own collection once her refresh drops. Woodie have the Canadiana Collection. Wes got the Fool's Collection. Maxwell is still waiting for a refresh. Wigfrid have the Winged Victory Collection. Webber have the Farmhand Collection. Winona have the Next of Kin Collection. Warly have 2 different skin collections, Head Chef and Trawler. Wortox also possess 2 different character specific collections, Minotaur (Which could probably fit into the Gladiator Collection if a splash of red paint was thrown in there) and Uncorrupted. Wormwood have 2 character specific collections, Hollow and Oasis Bound. Wurt have the Abyssal Collection. Walter have the Detective Collection. And finally, Wanda have the Tinkersmith Collection.

Notes:
- Not counting Swashbuckler (Which might be completed soon) the top 3 are, Wanda missing 8 skin collections, Warly, Wortox and Wormwood on second place missing 6 skin collections, and on third place, Walter and Wurt missing 5 skin collections. Expected from Klei, not giving paid characters too much love to not look bad in the community eyes. (How could they even!)
- Winona is by far the character with most skin collections, who among the dev team loves this handywoman so much huh?? Or maybe it's just Charlie favoring her sis in mysterious ways, who knows.

My hopes for the future:
- This end of the year I hope to see more Snowfallen skins, it certainly grew on me seeing characters wearing blue on white, apart from the default red on black. My eyes feast on all the different colors to be honest.
- Some day I hope to see a Cave Collection, Ancient, Thulecite ridden, Aztec inspired. Down to the roots (Literally) of Don't Starve.
- Saddened the creepiness of Moon Horror couldn't fit in the roadmap, I was certainly one (Hopefully not of a few) cheering to see more content about that, not wishing it to be scrapped and left behind (Not a bad idea for a name either, Left by THEM) but still wanting it to make a comeback.

End. Did I miss something? Is there anything you'd want to see added? Do you care for skins at all? I could talk about Belongings too but this is getting way longer than I expected, maybe for another time.

Don't forget about the YotPK/Contender collection part 1:

contenders.png.2fc41afb3cd8141c444abaada7bc020d.png

My personal favorite is the Survivor collection, hands down. I love that all the skins are a rougher take on the default skins (apart from Wortox' "Grimy Goblin" skin) and I'd love to see that collection finished one day.

I can't wait for the gothic skin collection to be expanded. For survivor skins and items/belonging. I want to make an entire base out of them! I also want to see the return of the horror mobs, they were unique! I have no idea why they were scrapped. They fit DST perfectly, it has always been a little dark as far back as DS. 

I also want swashbuckling skins for items/belongings!

7 hours ago, Kur0u said:

Swashbuckler - Wilson, Wendy, WX-78, Wickerbottom, Maxwell, Webber, Wormwood, Walter (Safe to say, the next entry in the Swashbuckler Collection will be added shortly, so far I loved every single skin in this one)

Shortly? Did I miss something?

aaaa I really wish upon a star for a Warly and Wurt survivor skin, but knowing the monster characters they'll probably make it far from the original design for Wurt...

I'd love to see Wurt's survivor skin resembling a merm guard, all roughed up by default, and triumphantly strong with a king!

I'd love for snowfallen and merrymaker to be completed- last December we got merrymaker skins, so it should be snowfallen this year. The ice themed skins are just so cool (haha funni) and Wilson's frost skin is in my top 10 all skins.

I myself don't have any ideas for news sets, I just want more from the existing ones. I crave complete collections.

15 minutes ago, KM_Harrowick said:

aaaa I really wish upon a star for a Warly and Wurt survivor skin, but knowing the monster characters they'll probably make it far from the original design for Wurt...

I'd love to see Wurt's survivor skin resembling a merm guard, all roughed up by default, and triumphantly strong with a king!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++:wilson_love::wilson_love::wilson_love:

Not only that but, I wish there was more belonging skins of the classic survivor collections, that happened only a few times and I wish those theme could get further by adding more buildings of them.

The obvious one that got many is the Victorian, we did get many Victorian belongings, but how about Roseate ? I wanna make pretty rose themed bases. Sometime it feels weird to see them either left for character only with such a concept. Remember the Survivor collection that got a Crock Pot to it ? It's basically what I'm looking for but more with the fancy collections.

7 hours ago, Bronzebot said:

Don't forget about the YotPK/Contender collection part 1:

contenders.png.2fc41afb3cd8141c444abaada7bc020d.png

My personal favorite is the Survivor collection, hands down. I love that all the skins are a rougher take on the default skins (apart from Wortox' "Grimy Goblin" skin) and I'd love to see that collection finished one day.

Whops, might have skipped that one. I was terribly sleepy.

4 hours ago, Creatorofswamps said:

I can't wait for the full collection of survivors and I want the paid characters to be shabby classic skins and not a remade look like they did with Wortex >:(

True! But I believe the artists who worked on the original sets might have moved on to other games, different artists, different ideas.

1 hour ago, xhyom said:

Shortly? Did I miss something?

I feel like Klei wouldn't miss on the pirate hype, so maybe next update?

27 minutes ago, Kur0u said:

I feel like Klei wouldn't miss on the pirate hype, so maybe next update?

I hope so, Klei's interpretation of the pirate theme is impressive, I really want to see how the future skins will be (*Cough* Battle helmet tricorn skin please?)

1 hour ago, KM_Harrowick said:

I spent a lot of time drawing this (I have a deep night), but I really dream that the skin of a surviving wurt looks klei a security guard, glue, I know that you will make this skin 1000% cooler and more thoughtful, I just decided to show how cool, ethical and canonical it can look!

Без названия15_20220729033137.png

2 hours ago, Creatorofswamps said:

I spent a lot of time drawing this (I have a deep night), but I really dream that the skin of a surviving wurt looks klei a security guard, glue, I know that you will make this skin 1000% cooler and more thoughtful, I just decided to show how cool, ethical and canonical it can look!

Без названия15_20220729033137.png

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyeyes!!! So much yes. You did a great job! There's beauty in simplicity, and I hope if we do get a survivor Wurt, it looks similar to this! :wilson_love:

23 hours ago, Kur0u said:

Verdant - Willow

One... day... one day.
I'm still praying we either get A: A skin with her hair down, much like the one Wendy got.
Or B: An un-Verdant where she's all burnt and covered in ashes and burnt plants.

Archived